Looking for a motivated forum moderator: Creative Corner!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
I'm looking for one or two people who would be interested in helping to revitalize the Creative Corner section of the forum. We've been moderator-less for awhile in there, but then again it's been a very inactive forum. Nowadays there are a lot more posts and I'd like to liven things up a bit.
As a moderator of Creative Corner, you would:

-Chat with the other CC moderators to come up with a strategy for the structure/community effort

-Communicate to the community (profiles? etc) to try to drum up artist contributions and discussions

-Post your own artwork (you must be one of the types that would use this forum to be a mod! ^_^)

-Be ACTIVE! You'd ideally put a little time per day (or at most, every other day) into the project.

If you are interested, get in touch here, and let me know why you are interested. This is an unpaid position (I get nothing for my work on the site either!) -- this is a position you'd hold because you love AP and the community. ^_^

I'll like to be a creative mod on your forum. You already know I sit on the forum all day whilst I am at work. I may not post all day well, because I am at "work". but just wanting you to know I am willing to help out as much as you need me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could think about some ways to make this section more lively (my solutions would include making arts for manga minigames im affraid :D). However i do not create "art" - you would be terrified if you have seen my drawnings or, god forbid, hear me singing. I design and code. Having that said - i herby volunteer for mod position (or half-mod as i dont create art but i can utilize some art and tell which art sucks big time and which is ok).

Im spending my afternoons working at home so im here for most of the day (and night).

I don't know if I'll fit as a mod or not because I'm new here, but I do have one idea to hopefully live things up in that section.

Create weekly competitions for the users.
First week, create a topic, pin it and suggest a "theme" that everyone should draw after, for example "love". Then people can freely draw pictures as they wish as long as it's somehow connected to that weeks theme. The winner suggest the next weeks theme.

I think the best thing is to try and keep the entries anonymous by having one user or mod recieve everyones picture or link to that picture, than that person puts them all up in a new thread at the end of the week. Thus making sure people doesn't give preferential treatment to users they like or such things.

Not sure if you're still looking but I thought I would post this anyway. I would like to help in some way. I would be able to be active; I spend a lot of time on here daily already.

I have a few ideas.

1. Maybe if enough people are interested there could be a separate sub-forum just for writing (eg. poetry, short stories, jokes, lyrics, etc.) as long as members would participate. I know there isn't a lot posted now.

2. Make a couple of sticky threads where we could have a gallery of wallpapers, avatars, etc. submitted by members for other members to use.

3. In either the writing sub-forum or in it's own sub-forum, we could create a blog type of section, where each member could create their own thread and just write about daily life and what not (as long as they don't break the rules of course)

4. I think a stickied thread with tutorials for both artwork and writing would be a good idea. I'm not sure if it would work out to do one for writing, maybe members could post with tips on writing effectively, finishing what you start, overcoming writer's block, etc. And for the artwork tutorials, there could be tutorials on using different programs (eg. photoshop and GIMP) to create sigs, wallpapers, and what not. Also, tutorials on drawing with techniques and helpful tips would be useful.

5. Hold contests for different types of artwork (eg. photo manipulation, drawing, signatures, avatars, wallpapers). Then have members vote on what they like best. The winner could receive an small image to put underneath their signature that could read something like "Winner Best Avatar" for whatever week and then link to the thread where the contest was held. (Not sure about that part, but it's a thought) I would also think to do the same for the writing part by holding writing contests for the different types of writing.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Back