Kobato

Quizap

[sadht]Kobato[/sadht][sadhl=2698]Kobato[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Haha, Kobato is adorable :love: And Ioryogi is hilarious, his seiyuu definitely suits him, he killed me. I'm looking forward to the next episode, this is the funniest show I've seen this season so far but that's just me. Definitely going to keep up with this but it could get bad fast, not quite sure yet though.

Oh, Ioryogi is what makes this show great, he's awesome :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kobato is a fun cute little story. Now we'll see if the anime screws it up or not. Usually anime doesn't screw up the cute ones . . . much . . .

Great first episode. Great characters. I like CLAMP so I have high expectations for this show.

The animation was gorgeous, and kobato was cute, but the dog thing was a little annoying. Still, it has potential.

Doesn't really have the standard CLAMP taste. Is it really from CLAMP?

Anyway, animation felt so-so and story felt so-so as well. I dunno it was kinda cute but definitely nothing above average. Any higher and Kabuto's voice will start shattering glass.

Eh, I'm debating on following this...

Just watched this and I gotta say I wasn't expecting much thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope that the rest of the series is as delightful to watch and that it doesn't become repetitive, which I can see happening very easily.

I really didn't think i'd enjoy this, seen 2 eps and i love it!

Kobato is cute as a button and Ioryogi compliments her perfectly in the show, he's so fun to watch.
Can't wait for episode 3 :D

Nice balance of humour and cuteness, good pace, nice animation, good seyius, not bad music - what's more to ask? :] Sure, it's not the groundbreaking title of the century, but it's entertaining, and makes me smile - so it's good enough. I only hope that it won't be spoiled by Clamp tendency for drama, and will stay cute, heartwarming story till the end.

i don't understand that dog thing.....

but i liked seeing the bunny from wish in the 10 min break :D

Just watched ep 2 and lol at same candies as stellvia. Thats all I can think of when I see those things! My sister actually bought me a pack when I was watching stellvia, lol

Man, there were a lot of Chobits references. The apartment building looks just like the one in Chobits, and both are run by a woman named Chitose. There is also a baker that resembles the baker from Chobits.

Of course Freya and Elda make an appearance.
snapshot20091021020817.jpg

I was watching episode three while eating dinner. Midway through, the bowl of rice and burrito I was eating had turned into ice cream and a cannoli. ^_^

But in all seriousness, the Piffle Princess store was classic. The show is cute, looks like all other cutesy CLAMP productions and will get hella emotional before it ends. MOAR PLZ!

my gf hunted this one down... lol...

wow.. talk about a moe overdose. I'm sure i'll be stuck watching it since she was loving it's cuteness. Atleast it doesn't suck.

Other work references were to be expected - after all Clamp can't stop linking their works at every possible occasion. Not to mention 2 of their animes are based on linking their works (TRC and xxxholic :P)

Episode 4's Wish plug was STRONG. That aside,

This anime just revealed that it's a little more serious than we previously thought. Somewhere in episode two, I got a sense that Kobato is probably dead and this task is a form of penance. Now, I'm positive. The question is whether they're going to direct this toward romance with the nursery guy and make her choose between heaven and him or whether her previous life is going to catch up with her.

Episode 4's Wish plug was STRONG. That aside,

This anime just revealed that it's a little more serious than we previously thought. Somewhere in episode two, I got a sense that Kobato is probably dead and this task is a form of penance. Now, I'm positive. The question is whether they're going to direct this toward romance with the nursery guy and make her choose between heaven and him or whether her previous life is going to catch up with her.
It's not a plug. Kobato takes place in Wish's and Legal Drug's world. In fact, all of the "modern day Japan" CLAMP works take place in the same world (Suki Dakara Suki for example) and the manga (started after Tsubasa and xxxHolic) is full of crossovers.

That said, I prefer Kohaku in its androgynous form than the new chibier look CLAMP has adopted. I was always a fan of the androgynous bishounen look CLAMP began with, but at least the chibi/cute look of Kobato is much better than the anorexic look of Tsubasa, xxxHolic, and Ledouche. Well, at least Kohaku still can't beat Ashura in the girly department.

Anyhoo . . .

I've enjoyed the manga, and the anime, while not great, is rather enjoyable. It's a LOT slower paced though which ruins some of the enjoyment. Kobato really isn't meant to be dragged out this long.

Back