Coming very soon: 'times watched'

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Stay tuned, we're adding the very heavily requested 'times watched' option for anime very soon :)

it'll count. people would complain otherwise.

people will cheat, but oh well i guess :)

we'll have it capped at a certain amount, either 50 or 100 i'm thinking

Is there a way you can make an option to have it not counts towards your time spent on anime? Or maybe make it count for a separate list? While there are some anime I've seen a few times I don't really want them counted in.

If not I probably just won't use the feature. I feel its just a time spent on anime stat boost.

Personally, I'm for a separate count including the rewatches. Like a blue bar that extends past the usual red bar.

It's an often requested feature though, so I can understand why it's being added. I mean, there's no real reason not to aside from LSoA moderation.

I cant recall how many times I have seen a title. Most of the time it is once. So more power to the people who know how many times they have sifted through a series. (I wonder how many will skip half of the show, and still mark it as watched again?)

That said, this will hopefully make a lot of people happy who have wanted this.

yeah, for now it'll be included in the regular count. imo too much effort would need to go into totally separate counts, the change as-is will be relatively straightforward to implement and will fit with the new redesign appearance and such

not to mention generally the message i've gotten over the years is that most people do care about their life on anime count increasing, so it's why we've decided to do it that way :)

So many people will be excited xD Pretty much the most requested thing for the site.

I'm on the side of people who'd not want re-watched counted towards my life on anime, so I'm a bit on the fence on whether I'll use the feature or not (not to say I'm against adding it at this point, I know most users will probably be interested in it). I know it's not a concern right now, but down the road a little checkbox with 'don't count rewatches towards total life' would be cool :p

Wow, thanks for looking into that!!

It might not be exactly what some people are looking for (a second bar), but I think it pretty much serves the same purpose (click/unclick to check your total times).

Ok, we've decided it's simple enough to add an opt-out checkbox, so that'll launch too. By default times watched will count towards your life on anime, you can uncheck the checkbox (or re-check it if you change your mind later on) if you don't want it to.

Will importing your list update re-watches? I just want to know if I'm going to have to opt-out if i import my list.

Will importing your list update re-watches? I just want to know if I'm going to have to opt-out if i import my list.

hm, i hadnt thought of that yet

is the rewatch count a part of the export file?

if it is, we'll need to update the script, and yes it would move that data over regardless. opting out of the life on anime count would just mean it counts as 1 time, but the # of times would still transfer

I'm glad this is being implemented with the option to opt out. Everyone gets what they want.
Nicely done.

Back