Mega site update: better sigs, sorting, upgraded search, etc

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Lots of new things for you!

Signatures

-Signature code has been rewritten from scratch. You'll now be able to choose any color for the URL and it wont look crappy, the images won't look pixelated anymore, etc.

-Also, the life on anime bar will be a lot more accurate in the signatures

-We're auto updating all existing sigs so most likely by the time you read this, your sig will already be different. If not, it'll update soon!

-This update paves the way for new sig sizes and options soon!

-You can now upload JPG, PNG or GIF

-Animated gifs are now ok! Though due to individual browser handling of scaling the image may or may not be top quality. We'll refine this over time.

-Max size now 80k instead of 30k!

Search

-One result only now pushes you directly to the entry!

-Alt title search works again - 'aka' titles are now outputted when name searching like in V2, and results are grouped by entry (though still output 1 per title when regular browsing)

Other

-A '# watched' and '# read' column were added on the browse users page, per your request :)

-Many columns in many tables of the site now sort by DESC (ie, biggest first) upon first click, per your request :) Examples include the 'Avg' columns when browsing anime/manga, the Rating column, any of the # cols when browsing users, etc

Enjoy ^_^

I don't think I've ever been part of an online community that cared so much about its users.

I really mean that. Thanks a ton!

Recently I've noticed than several anime are showing up twice on people's lists and reviews, if they have an alternate name. For example, Hi No Tori shows up in my list twice as Hi no Tori and the other as Phoenix. Is this in that update?

^^ i noticed this issue too. makes scrolling through my anime list a tad unbearable

everything else is awesome though :D yay for bigger first and new siggies :D that's super cool about the search too :D

Great updates, though I've noticed the duplicate titles thing. My watching list suddenly looks massive - I've got six series listed there twice and Detective Conan shows up three times lol.

Thank you, sothis. I noticed the new search feature, made me smile.

I think I will have to look for a new avatar to celebrate edit: awesome, I now have a zillion chi gifs to cycle through :balloon:

Next step, gifs for forum?

& the charts/user lists are awesome.

Last edited:
I like! Nice work, was that the cause of the downtime? If so, I don't mind I waited anymore because of this awesome new stuff :D

Looks awesome, and like AC1speakerbox already said, shows how much you guys care about us. Thanks so much for your work.

The update was made long before the downtime, although it's possible that some unforseen bug in the update caused the downtime afterward.

Also, it seems that the duplicate/alt titles bug mentioned in several posts has been fixed now.

sweet, although am I mistaken to think that i can now upload gifs? Because it says it's not allowed. D: the file is only 57kb... >.> I guess I'm confused as to whether this is a new up and coming thing or is supposed to be effective at present.

EDIT: Okay so apparently this doesn't work on the forums... guess I must have missed that note... oops...

Back