Sword Art Online

TheCoffeeGod

Sword Art Online

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

This and Yuru Yuri ♪♪ are really the only two I'm really looking forward to, so I figured I'd get a jump on this even though it doesn't air until next week.

PV 1
PV 2
( the silence is due to the「crossing field」LiSA song being cut from audio )

Directly from sothis herself:
also, i refuse to go back and potentially get things spoiled. i will personally ban anyone who spoils this for me, so let that be a firm warning :|

(spoilers = ban regardless. the rule comes from me personally, as i cant stand when people spoil things. spoiler tags and no novel spoilers - put those in a manga thread)

If you wish to discuss the LN, so you can keep your spoilers to yourselves and out of this thread, go to the SAO LN thread.

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/...86-sword-art-online-light-novel-spoilers.html

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, why does a title with sword art in the name, not surprise me being posted by Coffee? ;)

I was actually also planning to make this thread sooner or later. Oh well, nevermind... :P

I'm also defintely looking forward to this one.
Actually, it's the only one that really looks interesting this season atm imo.

PV 1
PV 2
( the silence is due to the「crossing field」LiSA song being cut from audio )
I've found the first one subbed and the second one with the song (edited voice though). :)
Sword Art Online PV1 Subbed
Sword Art Online PV2

Edit: The PV's and commercials are also on there site. PV2 has untouched sound there too.
http://www.swordart-online.net/movie/index.html

Last edited:
Looks interesting, well anyway I am following all airing anime so I will continue to do so....

This is my most anticipated anime of the summer - the year, most likely. Like Accel World, I've read three or more of the light novel volumes, so I shall disregard from posting. However, even though they're both written by the same author: Sword Art Online > Accel World

If anyone likes Accel World or is a .hack fan (already made manga recs for these, so now I play the waiting game for the anime), they should check this out. Can't wait! >_<

This was the only thing that looked even remotely interesting to me this summer season so... hopefully it'll be a good one :)

How can I expect something good out of the same guy who wrote the crappy Accel World? It's even the exact same thing in terms of setting.

Congratulations, you're the first person who gets added to my ignore list due to posting the same negative rubbish on every thread. <3

First episode was good although it seems darker than Accel World. Odds seem quite stacked against the players of this game though
as if you die in this game you die IRL. Also wondering how their RL bodies are supposed to survive without food if they are stuck in this game.

So the first episode of SAO has already aired...
Oh well, I guess I'll wait for the UTWoots release.

Maybe that is supposed to be a time limit so they won’t take their time farming or completing quests

Didn't it also mention something in the preview about how a month had passed and no1 had completed the first level? The beta testers also didn't even manage past level 8 and there's 100 levels so must be some other explanation I think.

Ep. 01

biggthumpup.gif

I had high hopes for this one and that first episode didn't disappoint!
I'm looking forward to how this will turn out.

Damn, this looks fun. It's like seeing the world of .hack// in super flashy AW animation. Pretty scary game too.

Holy jesus, that turned morbid real quick.

Also, "You're a guy?" "You were lying about being 17?" part was about as hilarious as it gets :D

Otherwise, yeah, I'm a little curious about how food and drink works if eating in game only makes you think you're not hungry/thirsty. Maybe we'll see that all the players trapped are hooked up to an IV at some point or something?

episode 1.... every gamer's wet dream or every gamer's worst dream? this is why i never buy sometime the moment it comes out; let the impatient ones die in a fire first.

it will be interesting to see the progression... i'll also enjoy the meta of fantasy world with modern know how. i expecting major social problems too, like the few female gamers who are gonna be there and the mass amount of guys, possibly with unscrupulous morals (or "well i'm already dead" mentality).... if sexual assault is even possible in the game. especially that 10ish year old girl. it's just like reading "The Walking Dead"; the bad guys are really the people pushed into a bad situation.

this one's a keeper.

Back