Magical Warfare

Bestanimeserie

Magical Warfare
Alt title: Mahou Sensou

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

This seems like an average show but the main female characters look a lot like saber & shana

My second time making a thread like thi so tell me if I did something wrong

PV

PV Mahou Sensou

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm no interest much here?

well anyway:
Episode 1
I liked it, sure i think the way to turn into a magician is kind of weird and stupid, surely for every "mistake" one makes they can turn tons in wizards... but whatever.
Anyway i like this idea of if you harm in the real world using your magic you loose your powers, a interesting idea which i think works well, stops me complaining why people don't just go mad with power. Also it looks cool when you loose your power xD
Sure this rule might be bias though, think, the power to see a enemies attack isn't using magic to actually harm the person, only evade, so thus surely using that alone means they have a upper hand and wont loose, i guess there will be a limit to that or something though.

I quite liked the magic user, the girl, well besides the whole "brothers memory being tampered with" as that is a bit old for me, why can't they just go bad for once for the sole reason of... they want to be bad?
Anyway i liked it, it seems it might be entertaining depending how they move it forward and visually it's not to shabby either.
Quite enjoyable.

^i hope so, i haven't seen a good action with decent fight scenes in some time so im putting some hope in this one.

I don't think it's like Strike the Index at all. It's not a harem.(the main characters actually has a gf and that's said in the first few minutes,so it probably won't turn into a harem). The main character isn't really OP, he's good thanks to his martial arts, but not OP. He doesn't want to live a 'normal high school life'. And it seems there's some serious family issues here as well. I guess there's like two types of magicians with different ideals fighting each other, and getting the normal people involved. And then there's the deal with two worlds, one is normal other one is for magicians, and they both have some rules they have to follow. And of course there's some organizations mixed up as well.

I haven't seen Tokyo Ravens so can't comment on that. Hopefully my short synopsis will answer your question on that.

Between the two it would be more closely related to Tokyo Ravens, although that is the best comparison, does not really mean it is THAT similar to it.

Anyway

Episode 1

That was some pretty fast jump into action there, not bad but otherwise. Also I did not know Kendo-swords could be THAT resistant to conventional blades, that is unless it was this exaggerated or the kendo-sword is thick.

The brother thing was interesting, but then it was used instantly, which looked like wasted potential. And it seems the rules of magic are a bit harsh eh? Well it seems this series won't have much light-themed things like comedy or usual school life, but overall it will be pretty dark.

Anyway, I get long black-haired girl heroine, so that's a plus for me. My only regret though is that Kenichi Suzumura was given a lesser role D:

Madhouse you really need to stop picking up bad material to adapt. I wanted to give this show a chance but that was just a plain bad introduction.

Episode 1:
There are so many problems with the writing and setup that I could only keep face palming the entire episode. The first thing is how quickly all of a sudden it jumps into the action right away and then the main character fights off a guy with a gigantic steel blade using a kendo sword. Are you fucking kidding me? It's borderline impossible to believe that makes any sense and it's ridiculously stupid.

Moving onto the second point the villains who seemed to be made out as if they were some hardcore badasses well two of the three lamely defeat themselves without anyone really lifting a finger and the third guy gets shot easily by a beam of light. I found that pathetically dumb and in general was not impressed with any of the fights especially considering how there were several blandly animated action scenes that don't help it's cause.

This show has extremely convenient explanations it pulls out of it's ass too. Like how the female magician MC happens to not get affected negatively by the curse that gets inflicted on magic users when she shot at the male MC because coincidentally he "wasn't a magician at the time". Ugh...how contrived it all is was too much.

Lastly the male MC so happens to be another white knight figure and charges into danger without fear had me roll my eyes. Which at the conclusion of this he gets a big power boost that makes him even stronger as if he even needed that, lovely. Another grating thing that happened and was completely random was the girl getting a breast enlargement through magic, awkward and seriously was that necessary at all?

Terrible in every sense of the word. The developments were predictable and I had way too many personal issues with this that it greatly impaired my enjoyment.

Last edited:
Episode 1
What to say what to say..definitely some flaws here and there that's a starter.The animation for the characters started to go iffy on some points during the show and at one point I think they reused a scene (not like other animes don't do that already) but the animation went back to their regular standard pretty quick and they also make up for it with decent fight scenes.Speaking about the fight scenes a bamboo sword can withstand a metal sword :seriously: and not only once but for at least 5+ hits mhm...At least the story grasped my attention the most.It seems that there will be a lot of details in the story and hopefully a good plot.Also what gave this series another plus with me is not only does the MC get magic powers but 2 other characters get powers!The MC seems to get the most OP power but who knows since the only power we got to see was breast enhancement transforming or something for the girl and fire for the boy.Overall,this was only the first episode so maybe things will change hopefully it'll change for the better but who knows I feel a love triangle forming..darn hopefully it'll be executed well..

Episode 1
What to say what to say..definitely some flaws here and there that's a starter.The animation for the characters started to go iffy on some points during the show and at one point I think they reused a scene (not like other animes don't do that already) but the animation went back to their regular standard pretty quick and they also make up for it with decent fight scenes.Speaking about the fight scenes a bamboo sword can withstand a metal sword :seriously: and not only once but for at least 5+ hits mhm...At least the story grasped my attention the most.It seems that there will be a lot of details in the story and hopefully a good plot.Also what gave this series another plus with me is not only does the MC get magic powers but 2 other characters get powers!The MC seems to get the most OP power but who knows since the only power we got to see was breast enhancement transforming or something for the girl and fire for the boy.Overall,this was only the first episode so maybe things will change hopefully it'll change for the better but who knows I feel a love triangle forming..darn hopefully it'll be executed well..

The only reason I think that the bamboo sword could witstand the metal sword is because the bamboo swords aren't hollow, also the fact that even if you use a blade you just don't chop trees in one slice. It was weird but not exactly unreasonable.

All in all the pacing and the events felt pretty natural even if the changes were sudden.

The only reason I think that the bamboo sword could witstand the metal sword is because the bamboo swords aren't hollow, also the fact that even if you use a blade you just don't chop trees in one slice. It was weird but not exactly unreasonable.

All in all the pacing and the events felt pretty natural even if the changes were sudden.

Yeeeeaaah... no: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IEYzr9WMfI

Shinai =/= trees.

Episode 01

First off the MC actually has a girlfriend so yay for no harem atleast I hope it stays that way.
the first episode is pretty good I liked the fights & the animation and nothing is explained wich will probably happen in the 2nd episode, i'm not expecting much of this show but it does seem fun to watch.

That said the fight with the steel blade vs a wooden one really now.. well I guess it's an anime but even so they could have made the bad guy have a wooden sword as well or atleast something like that. I also really hope that there will be some backstory on the MC living condition with his brother and mother and such.

I'm not sure about that test there, also the slice the guy performed was in the perfect position. Katana's like the one the guy used are made to kill the target in one hit by performing a descending diagonal slice like it did on the video, this way you ensure the maximum amount of strength is employed and also the edge of the sword will contribute since it is made that way.

I do agree it was weird, even so the 1st blade was chopped, all in all it was exaggerated but not in excess.

I'm not sure about that test there, also the slice the guy performed was in the perfect position. Katana's like the one the guy used are made to kill the target in one hit by performing a descending diagonal slice like it did on the video, this way you ensure the maximum amount of strength is employed and also the edge of the sword will contribute since it is made that way.

I do agree it was weird, even so the 1st blade was chopped, all in all it was exaggerated but not in excess.

Put enough force into a swing and it'll cut no matter what. All swords are sharp, not just katanas, and metal > wood in terms of tensile strength. If you use a wooden sword to block the keen edge of a metal sword, physics says it'll cut it.

Go read about force and momentum.

Episode 2
So wait, random question, why did they get into the car at the end if they was only going to teleport or whatever the thing away?? lazy people just wanted to sit down .__.
That aside, why so much detail on the sword, i wouldn't care who owned it last, my sword now, screw them!!! I would rename it just to be awkward. Anyway i didn't really mind the episode, more of a 'laying down the foundation' type episode but it wasn't really too bad, or it held my attention anyway. Think he would of got the hint to refer to his girlfriend by her first name though... anyone else not seeing them lasting? i mean, she seems bitchy, he talks to her more like a friend then girlfriend, what's her name (girl who has more emotion than annoyed) seems to get on better with him... just saying, i would like to know more the ground of how the 2 started dating o.o
Anyway, i dunno i think i will like his friend (the blonde guy), seems like one them who will probably be the 'cool guy' type but i like he just blows up a class room and laughs it off >:D

anyway it's holding my attention so not really bad for me.

^ Well, so far it isn't boring. A bit interesting even. Comparing to Hamatora, this is more closer to the 'average' line.
It's only episode 2, so you can't judge if it's good or bad yet. It's just solid for now. Depending on how it goes, it can keep being average or evolve into something more. I'd say give it a few more episodes before deciding whether or not to watch it.

Episode 2:

Oh my goodness, this show is really trying it's best to have me hate it more.

The exposition dump at the beginning was dull and heavy handed, I didn't have one reason to care when I hardly know a thing about the characters and most of them are just shallow caricatures from my perspective. We also have the male protagonist's friends decide to join him at this magician academy and other dimension which seems completely flimsy as shit. I mean the main guy at least had a good reason but the other two? It basically looks like they went oh gee magic is the coolest thing ever guys I'm going to leave my friends and family behind without a care in the world....yeah.

Then there was another hugely dumb part of the episode where a guy starts violently attacking the main protagonist to activate his apparently dangerous power for his benefit, my brain could not handle how idiotic that idea was and this seemed like it was done purely on a gamble/whim. The big villains motivations here as well came along the lines of being fairly bland. And with the global magical war that happened I simply don't buy how on earth not everyone turned into a magician considering how easy the first episode establishes it is to do that if you even get so much as the tiniest exposure of magic through a scratch etc.

In short, this is already cliche-ridden to an extreme extent and it's still continuing with this illogical bullshit. It's a total mess of an episode.

Wow, you're just hating on it for the sake of hating. There's no way you can get mad over something like that, and you overexxagerate everything, it's nowhere near as bad as you make it out to be.

Seems to me you watch anime just to have something to rage about.

Back