Login / Registration FAQ

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
LOGIN FAQ
-----------------------------------------------

I registered on the [site or forum] and the other says I'm not registered. Why?
Site and forum accounts are separate for the current site. You will need to register again in the other location.

I registered on the site, but when I try to login I get a message that I'm not activated.
Check the email account that you registered with - you should have an activation email in your inbox. Click the link inside of the email and you will be activated automatically. Note: sometimes AP activation emails end up in the spam/junk bin, so please check there if you can't find it.

If you still can't find it, contact us (select "User login / sign up" as the subject, and be specific about your problem).

I activated my site account, but when I try to log in the page refreshes itself and I am still not logged in.
The site uses cookies and javascript to validate login. There are a number of reasons why this problem may occur; you can try any of these solutions below for troubleshooting.

1) Try a different browser. If you don't have another one, you can get either Firefox web browser | Faster, more secure, & customizable or Opera browser: Home page free & for almost any operating system.

2) Make sure javascript is enabled.

3) Don't use a proxy or web accelerator, as these often interfere with scripts & cookies.

4) Disable any ad blockers or content filters you may be using. Alternatively, most ad blockers & content filters allow you to "whitelist" sites (automatically disable the filter for the listed sites), you can add anime-planet.com to these whitelists.

5) Disable or bypass any firewalls you may be using (also check your router (if you have one), as they often have built in firewalls too). If you can't disable it or bypass it, go into it's options and make sure it isn't blocking cookies, javascript, or filtering out "jquery" or "validate", as any of those things will prevent you from being able to log in.

6) Set cookies to "always allow" explicitly for anime-planet.com (such as in the "sites" tab in the cookie section for IE). If you are trying this route it is important that you set anime-planet.com EXPLICITLY, as setting cookies to always allow for all sites doesn't seem to do the trick.

7) If login has worked in the past but doesn't anymore, you might just need to delete cookies / temp internet files and try again.

8) Often, work firewalls block consistent login to the site - this is usually not something that is changeable (I have the same problem when I am at work), so if you find login is difficult at work, try once you get home.

I forgot my username or password on the site
Please use this form (you can input the email address you signed up with, or your username): Anime-Planet - Forgot your Password

I can't seem to get into the chat room
The chat room is currently stored on another server. Set cookies in your browser to "always allow" for anime-planet.ath.cx.

Re: Having problems with login / registration? Read this!

ive been registered for a long time and i cant login at all and ive tried requesting my password be changed and ive done all that but nothing has changed

Some other people have had problems logging in since the update, although they all eventually managed to log in. Read this thread: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19112
Make sure you've tried all the things mentioned there (such as remembering that site & forum accts are seperate, you need to sign up in both places, and when you request a new password make sure to check your spam folder for the email & make sure that you're getting the whole link & not just part of it.

If you've tried all that & are still having problems, reply either here or in that thread.

After signing up for the Anime-Planet website, I received an activation e-mail.
When I click the activation URL, it re-directs me to the website's homepage.

It would seem that the URL does not work.

copy the entire url - it might be too long for a single line. dont click it - highlight and paste into your browser.

Yeah, that's a common problem with confirmation emails for many sites, the url gets chopped off.

I have already tried that. I noticed when I received the e-mail that the URL was partial, leaving a few characters unlinked.
It only redirects me to the homepage without doing anything else.

Have you tried turning off any & all adblockers you might be using, making sure javascript is turned on, and disabling any proxies or accelerators?

as long as you copy the entire path, it does work. redirecting to home only happens when it's an invalid page (which it isnt without the entire string)

you can forward it to webmaster [at] anime-planet[dot] com and ill try to go there myself, if you want.

I have tried turning off the pop-up blocker. Java is turned on. I was not able to activate my account.

the link works fine - looks like if you do a copy while highlighting both lines, only the first line will paste. paste the first line, then highlight the 2nd line text and add it to the end of the url (make sure there's no space between your first and second paste)

this brought up the change pw link successfully for me ^_^ (not sure if youll need to re-submit the change pw form to get a new link, but you can try it out with that one first

I have successfully activated my account. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Login / Registration FAQ - Read for answers to your problems

Lately, I haven't entered this site without using 'password request' cause I've changed it yesterday or the day before again. And now I can't login, I always use 'password request' but now I'm sure of it I use the same password as always. (after 10 times you know it for sure)

Well, either way I'm doing something wrong.

^_^ Thx

Hi,
after maintenance earlier today I've been unable to log into the website.
The login screen will accept my username and password but when I press enter I get redirected to the home page of anime-planet.
I know I'm using the right account info because it will still tell me if I write my password or username wrong and it won't redirect me to the website then.

my forum account apparantly still works though, hope someone can help me.

Hi,
after maintenance earlier today I've been unable to log into the website.
The login screen will accept my username and password but when I press enter I get redirected to the home page of anime-planet.
I know I'm using the right account info because it will still tell me if I write my password or username wrong and it won't redirect me to the website then.

my forum account apparantly still works though, hope someone can help me.

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=202178

my bad, hadn't looked there yet.
I'll keep my eye on it, thanks for the reply :)

Hello!
I've registered to the website and I've received the account activation email, however the link in the email redirects me to the home page. Trying to sign in will give me the message "Your account isn't activated yet. Resend activation link". I repeat this process over and over and my account isn't activated.
I've tried the solutions posted before such as disabling ad-block, making sure javascript is enabled, cookies is enabled, etc. What can be done?

Hi,

When I requested for new password, it sends me password change for my old username (wolfgirl12). My current username is the same as this in the forum.

edit: Oops! I got the e-mails I used for each username mixed up. So stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back