Deathtopia

Chapter 1:

Can't tell much from the first chapter but it seems like this is going to be some fanservice filled action. I love a good ass shot but when you do it like this:

wedgie.png

I have to laugh. Why is she walking around with her dress shoved up her ass crack? It's go to be uncomfortable to walk around with a permanent wedgie. The first chapter also had the same character completely naked for several panels.

The chapter doesn't give much indication about the plot, but it heavily points at the girls with guns are ignored by the police as every character points out the half assed police investigation of the strangler getting thrown out the window. Yeah, there was no body but there was a fuckton of blood. I'm guess people are going to end up having superpowers in this. The new dude can see evil or people that are going to commit crimes or something like that so he'll end up working with the girls.

This could be good if it doesn't become an service fest. The girls get no characterization in the first chapter and it lingers on their skimpy clothes. It's only the first chapter so it could go either way.

I got a pretty meh vibe from this. There was blood and nudity, but not much substance. It's only the first chapter though so it could end up being something more but out of the gate I'm not to impressed.

^
I wasn't actually complaining about the full on nudity because as you said there was an actual reason for her to be naked there so the other service shots for her were completely pointless. The manga already gave us the eye candy, but it felt the need to shove in more, which makes it harder to take the character seriously. I do hope she'll be back though because she was the most interesting thing in the chapter. Everyone else was flat and boring, she at least got a little personality.

Also, the police thing just seemed to be there as a a half assed excuse to show they won't be around or do anything for the majority of the manga. Whatever is going on the police will turn a blind eye. You're right that it was a shitty way to portray it though. I suspect if the cop characters do come back then the one with the beard will start to investigate behind the departments back in the most cliche of plots.

An interesting manga that could develop into something good, but I don't know yet, Have only read two books so far. The artwork is good, some of the story is a bit bland and you recognise plot elements you've seen before and there is a lot of fan service. I don't mind nudity when it have purpose, but just flaunting bodyparts for no other reason than to please the male readers I think it's a bit too much. I can't imagine a manga will sell that much more just for the fan service than if it have really good story and artwork, but then, hey, I don't live in Japan...

The superpowers could have been explained a bit more I think but that will perhaps come further on. So far, good entertainment and I hope they hold it togeather until the end.

This manga actually ended already...

Granted, I think it has the issue of either having to end too soon or just... Not really developing the plot as it should.

I did like the plot mostly, but the development is iffy in a few areas and the ending needed work.

This manga actually ended already...

Granted, I think it has the issue of either having to end too soon or just... Not really developing the plot as it should.

I did like the plot mostly, but the development is iffy in a few areas and the ending needed work.
To say that I enjoyed fanservice more than the story itself says it all.

Would anyone tell me how Koh negated kouro twins and squid man if negating was Hinata's ability?She wasn’t there that time,right?Or her ability works wirelessly?

Back