Guilty Crown

Not bad, but this one can disapoint in future. Nice action if nothing else (I hope it doesn't end just with that though). Looking forward second episode.

It was fast and entertaining. Why does the sudden turn of events that is both sides of the conflict SO similar to the beginning of Final Fantasy XIII? It was like NORA vs PSICOM, they even "purge" too.

PS: That chick is pretty :love:

Throughout the entire episode I kept expecting someone to get called an Eleven, and then for it to be all "Surprise! This is that third season of Code Geass everyone's been all woozy about!"

Anyway. This episode was super slick. It remains to be seen whether it can deliver anything interesting.

^ The main writer behind Guilty Crown was also responsible for Code Geass - but indeed a lot of similarities. I also got a GITS:SAC vibes probably thanks to the slick animation by Production I.G, the future modern setting (and the camouflaged mech).

I quite liked this episode. Yes we have the usual uncomfortable in his own skin teenage protagonist, but I like the setting and it'll be interesting to find out the politics and intrigue going on behind the scenes.

^ The main writer behind Guilty Crown was also responsible for Code Geass - but indeed a lot of similarities. I also got a GITS:SAC vibes probably thanks to the slick animation by Production I.G, the future modern setting (and the camouflaged mech).

I quite liked this episode. Yes we have the usual uncomfortable in his own skin teenage protagonist, but I like the setting and it'll be interesting to find out the politics and intrigue going on behind the scenes.

^ This

So far, this, F/Z and Miriai Nikki are what I'm impressed with. The others are decent or completely retarded but those 3 are wowzers.

It definitely is a pretty nice looking anime. I agree with the comparisons, and this even made me think of Dantalian no Shoka a little at the end. Girls have magical powers in their chests (I mean that literally).

This is an noitaminA anime huh? That's a bummer. Most of them only last about eleven episodes. I hope this is an anime goes against that trend. Action shows often feel like they end before anything really starts when they are that short. It's like you can just tell that the anime could have been so much more, but they were cut short. That's just what I think.

It definitely is a pretty nice looking anime. I agree with the comparisons, and this even made me think of Dantalian no Shoka a little at the end. Girls have magical powers in their chests (I mean that literally).

This is an noitaminA anime huh? That's a bummer. Most of them only last about eleven episodes. I hope this is an anime goes against that trend. Action shows often feel like they end before anything really starts when they are that short. It's like you can just tell that the anime could have been so much more, but they were cut short. That's just what I think.

Guilty Crown is planned for 26 episodes I heard.

Not sure about this one. I like the art style and character designs, and those are the most butt ugly (and perhaps, realistic) giant-mecha I've seen in a long time. However, I feel like the setup of the first episode was rushed. A lot of questions popped into my head that didn't get answered, such as: why was the protagonist sneaking in the closed off area to begin with? Why is he such a whiny bitch? How did the dude who saved him from the street punks know his name? Why is he such a whiny bitch? Why would anyone expect this random teenager to help a bunch of terrorists (even if they're good)? Also, why is he such a whiny bitch?

This series could be good, or horrible, depending on how quickly (if at all) the main character grows out of his whiny bitch personalty.

Not sure about this one. I like the art style and character designs, and those are the most butt ugly (and perhaps, realistic) giant-mecha I've seen in a long time. However, I feel like the setup of the first episode was rushed. A lot of questions popped into my head that didn't get answered, such as: why was the protagonist sneaking in the closed off area to begin with? Why is he such a whiny bitch? How did the dude who saved him from the street punks know his name? Why is he such a whiny bitch? Why would anyone expect this random teenager to help a bunch of terrorists (even if they're good)? Also, why is he such a whiny bitch?

This series could be good, or horrible, depending on how quickly (if at all) the main character grows out of his whiny bitch personalty.

What about him was whinny?Are you telling me you like characters who can change their ideals and beliefs in 20sec and can become from whiny bitches to heroes in 10sec?Spare the crap.The anime showed how would a normal person react in that situation,how he would regret it,and later try to redeem himself.Are you denying the fact of which has been proven hundreds of years long ago?If yes,you sir are a whiny bitch yourself.
Ever thought that they might have left all those questions unanswered so they could spend more time explaining it in other episodes and not rush it all in the first?Ever heard of the word 'cliffhanger'?No offense but I hate your guts and opinion...wait that WAS an insult.

Now that that's out of the way,I personally think this is off to a good start.I loved the music,action presentation and the main character as well.The other characters also looked interesting,girls too...they're pretty.You might call some elements 'cliche' as the end but it didn't strike me as that,every potent cliche moment had something unique in it so it didn't feel bad at all for me.

Really liked the first episode. I have really high hopes for this series.
Anyway. Lets see how long my hopes for this series remains.

@Reat
If you wanna see whiny bitch, watch Letter Bee.
Also. Its first episode. Did you expect to get answer to all your questions.

I thought it was pretty cool, definitely reminded me of a modern Final Fantasy set up in someways. Seems like the main dude is more then he seems with those weird flashbacks that were happening. I'm looking forward to following this show, thank goodness there were a few decent series starting this season.

It looks promising so far, I hope it turns awesome.

Also, to answer some of Reats questions.
why was the protagonist sneaking in the closed off area to begin with?

That's where his computer is. When the girl bumped her head onto it and turned it on he said he wasn't done with yet which he was referring to the project he's doing for his friends.

Why is he such a whiny bitch?

He's going to school and living a normal life, next thing he knows his favorite singer is in front of his eyes, wounded, military personnel come in and she gets taken away and the commander tells him to stay back and not do anything or he's getting shot... to actually go against those gangsters who were about to beat the shit out of him took guts, I don't consider him a whiny bitch at all

How did the dude who saved him from the street punks know his name?

Because the girl knows his name, he keeps having visions, which I'm guessing are flashbacks, and the girl is there with him

Why would anyone expect this random teenager to help a bunch of terrorists (even if they're good)?

The girl just told him she had to get that robot thing to Gai and when he found Gai, Gai never said help us. He wanted to know what happened to the girl and one of his lackey's tells him that the white coats are attacking and the MC follows them

Seems I ruffled a few feathers. Well ignoring the troll, I'd have to say he very obviously has a social anxiety disorder. I'm not even concerning myself with how he acted in the second half, he doesn't even function in normal social situations, like in school. Before he goes about saving the world, I'd say he needs some counseling. I'd say my point stands that the strength of this series depends on whether his character grows from that... or doesn't.

He seems have some kind of traume, probably from time when other nations were helping and "helping" to Japan against epidemic (violence and such)

impressed with first episode, lots of the ff/geass comparisons rang true.

protagonist seems to have a lot in common with Renton as far as being a little twat and then manning up goes. hoping desperately that he does not behave like a whiny little shit for the next N episodes.

good times.

Back