The chat page now includes your username

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
The site's chat page (accessible in the footer of all pages of the site and up in the right corner with your user info) now contains your username by default if you're logged in

I encourage everyone to keep this username, because it's the best way others in chat can look at your profile/list when you enter the room!

:drinking:

Wow, talk about incredible timing. I was in the chat a short while ago today after not having been there for quite some time to check it out. The change hadn't taken effect yet because I signed in with the default non-username with random letters.

It presently works. If you try again & still get the random nick, do a forced refresh.

technically before you could physically input a custom username (and really everyone should have done that instead of leaving the default 'mib_blahblah', just no one ever really did it, so this hopefully will make things less confusing :)

I didn't even realize there was a chat page, so I just checked it out and will be back there again soon!!!! Thank you for this post, making me aware of another site feature for me to play at. *smile*

Don't you go to the top right of the site to access your profile, lists etc.? There is a chat link right there.

the forum uses a cut/paste css separate from the main site due to how hard the integration is, so probably something just isnt right in that file

we hope to migrate to xenforo at some point in the future (after the redesign launches) and that will fix a lot of these problems :)

I'm guessing that looks more promising than vB 5. Never used that forum software before on a site. Hopefully it works out well.

^ It's the one IGN uses. Can't really argue with its stability.

Looks quite lovely as well.

ive been struggling with figuring out which one to use for years now, but am feeling pretty confident about xenforo. the codebase is way way way simpler, i have issues with the vb company's shady/weird business choices, and overall i think it's just the right way to go. i only made this decision in the last month or so after following it closely for about 2 years

They usually have some sort of a trial forum set up for potential buyers where they give you admin rights so you can test it. It may help with your decision.

oh i have, several times, it took 2 years to come to this decision based on a lot of things

Well then I look forward to the redesign and the new forum.
I also have to say I really like xenforo from a user perspective as well, it's clean, easy and has potential for a ton of user features.

Also, as a graphic designer, may I just say that its styling is, if I may use a technical term here, bitching.

Back