Gintama'

LinkSword

POPEE BELIEVER
Gintama'

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

The first episode will most likely be just an introductory filler to warm up, but it sure will be funny too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gintama II

Also I just got confirmation that CrunchyRoll is subbing this. It was to be expected, but anyways thank god they're actually doing it. If we had to wait for a fansub this would be a Winter 2012 show at best for us non-Japanese speakers. =P

Gintama 2? I'd have prefered Gintama (2011), makes it sound more like a "delayed Gintama" being brought back instead of a whole new season, well I dunno... but at least it'd make the thread's title closer to the anime entry.

Also I just got confirmation that CrunchyRoll is subbing this. It was to be expected, but anyways thank god they're actually doing it. If we had to wait for a fansub this would be a Winter 2012 show at best for us non-Japanese speakers. =P

Maybe it's because I'm hung over (damn booze argh!) but... What do you mean? ^^'

The day has arrived! April 4 is now here (Tokyo time). ( ̄ー ̄)

We should merge the thread, or rename the title of the thread as greg suggested.

I'd prefer Gintama II: electric boogaloo. :P

I'm so excited for this that it will be one of the rare occasions that I will be watching a show week to week as it's airing instead of waiting for it to end its run before watching it. :smile:

Finally... Gintama is back. Watching the movie satisfied my hunger only slightly, so I'm happy tomorrow will finally be the day I will able to feed myself. XD

The first episode, however, will not be filler (I think). After all, they have been running HD reruns of the original series.

The first episode, however, will not be filler (I think). After all, they have been running HD reruns of the original series.

I just think it might be a little abrupt to start a new season with one of the episodic stories. It kind of lacks a re-introduction feel. Well, I guess we'll know soon enough what they're planning to do, but if not a filler episode for starters I'm very sure we'll be getting the usual ''Yorozuya Talk'' goodness. =P

The first episode is already up! :love: While it downloads I'm going to get myself some Gilgamesh.

I've watched the episode!!

I couldn't get it this morning as it aired at 6am here, I was working at 7:30 and no subs were available.
I had to wait until I was back from work... But it was worth the wait!!

I was like "what the fuck???!!!" all the way!

So EP 202 (it HAS to be ep 202 I know as it's the only one right now but it's not to spoil anything for the "future generations" lol)
Wtf @ Gintoki grew long hair and got scars! Ok that was didn't shock me that much... But... Big wtf @ Kagura who grew up and now she's simply my dream girl! :drool:
HUGE wtf @ Otae and Isao married and they're going to have a baby!
Insanely huge wtf @ Kyube having a...
Wtf @ everyone being a wart!

OK too much emotions for me in just one episode, I'm about to faint! :@_@:
I bet it's just Sinpachi having a nightmare or high on drugs... It better be that reason or else I won't accept any of those changements... Except Kagura! :love: I might be disappointed to see her as she was before lol.

kag110.jpg

kag210.jpg

And yeah! I'm the first one to post after watching EP 202. ^^

Lol. We need to merge the thread or rename the title to Gintama' or Gintama (2011)
Gintama II just sounds wrong. No alternatives for HorribleSubs either..hmm no choice.

Good ol' Gintama is back!
Episode 1 (or 202):
I had to watch that ep twice. Too many funny things going on at once.
I'll probably remember that Dragon Ball reference and Gintoki's description of Yamcha for a long time :laugh:
lol @ Kyuubei and Katsura.
I'm pretty sure it all will end up being Shinpachi's nightmare or something, because judging from the OP and ED they'll stick with the manga.

Good ol' Gintama is back!
Episode 1 (or 202):
I had to watch that ep twice. Too many funny things going on at once.
I'll probably remember that Dragon Ball reference and Gintoki's description of Yamcha for a long time :laugh:
lol @ Kyuubei and Katsura.
I'm pretty sure it all will end up being Shinpachi's nightmare or something, because judging from the OP and ED they'll stick with the manga.

Exactly what I thought, I noticed the OP and ED too. Still it's just TOO MUCH! :o
Awesome music for the OP, I didn't really like the ED though... Unlike in "Gintama I" (just sounds SO WRONG ^^'), I can't remember any ED I didn't like.

Eh?! Actually I like the ED more than the OP.

WTF @ Kyuubei!!
So they didn't stop the construction of the babel tower?! LOL!

the corrupt tower of babel!

roflol... oh man that episode was hilarious. i really missed gintama. that was perfect.

Exactly what I thought, I noticed the OP and ED too. Still it's just TOO MUCH! :o
Awesome music for the OP, I didn't really like the ED though... Unlike in "Gintama I" (just sounds SO WRONG ^^'), I can't remember any ED I didn't like.

Yeah, same here. ED music isn't that bad but compared to the OP song it's just... Well, let's just say I like the OP better ;p

This was the perfect episode for Gintama to come back in. A decent showing of all the characters for newcomers, but with that hilarious twist for the veterans of the show.

Hilarious. And while I'm sure we all know that they are going to change back, Kagura looks cool and wouldn't mind her staying. Hahaha...

Kyubei was hilarious, expected Otae + Isao, but Tama and the others beings warts was just plain WTF.
Welcome back, Gintama.

Sunrise trolled me for good this time. :laugh:
Instead of starting with any of the arcs/episodes shown in the trailer, they went and chose one of the most recent gag arcs in the manga (one which I haven't read by the way). And looking at the result I think this was the best pick ever to restart the anime.

IT WAS FUUUUUUCKING HILARIOUS!!! :laugh: It had me laughing to tears throughout, oh my god how much I've missed this show.

Kagura is grown up and Gin-san has become the coolest/funniest version of Yamcha that any human could think of. Sadaharu, Otose, Catherine and Tama-chan have all turned into the ''Wartio Brothers'', Kyuubei has a goddamn Babel Tower, Katsura ja nai Zurako da, and TAE IS MARRIED TO KONDO AHAHAHAHAHAHA SOMEONE STOP ME I CAN'T BREATHE!!! And that's ony this episode, we have yet to see Madao, Tsukuyo, Hijikata, Sougo, the Idiot Prince, Sacchan and the rest of the bunch.

THIS. ARC. IS. SO. MADE. OF. WIN.

Talking about the jokes that made me laugh would be pretty much describe the entire episode so I'll hold off on that for the sake of my sanity and my free time.

So I'll just say I loved all the goddamn One Piece references. :laugh: :laugh:

''We'll meet up at Jabaody Archipelago in two years!!!''
''There was a two year jump during the one year break like in One Piece...''
''It's Bon Voyage to the New World with the Blue Beard Pirates!!''

And many more!! Ahahah oh god those were priceless. Also lots of Dragon Ball goodness!

A sidesplitting beginning to the best show of the year, period. I can't wait to watch the next. Oh man my ribs, they're gonna ache...

Both the OP and the ED were awesome. If I had to choose regarding to my tastes in the song I'd say the ending wins (the video in it is great too), I must get that song asap. But really I loved the opening more all in all as it captioned the essence of the show just great. The part with everyone running like crazy across the streets is hilarious and the sudden change to a serious atmosphere is pulled off great, just like in the anime itself!!

It's nearly impossible to improve this comeback. Gintama, Sorachi, Sunrise, I love you guys.

Back