The Anime-Planet Art Gallery

captaincrunch

- The Anime-Planet Art Gallery -
kW2cQ.jpg

After making a gazillion posts in my own "first fanart" thread I figured it was time to upgrade to something more applicable, and something everyone can contribute to.

So, without further ado, I hereby start the "Anime-Planet Art Gallery"

Please feel free to use this thread to post whatever artistic creation you've come up with recently or in the past.

Doodles, Sketches, Paintings, Vectors, Graffiti, Sculptures, model-painting, photography, whatever.

If it's a visual art and not signature-related (there's a forum for that) and you created it, post it here for everyone to see.

Some rules:

1. No signatures. There is a signature forum already and we'd be more than happy for you to post there.
  2. Please only post art you've created yourself, or in collaboration with others. There are other threads to post your favorite artwork.
  3. Criticisms are welcome, but insults will not be tolerated.
  4. If your image is huge, please place it in spoiler tags.
  5. ... ???
  6. Profit.
Please try to follow the above. I'm sure some better rules can be thought of later.

I made a new banner for this thread to get more views and hopefully more posts. Please feel free to use it to promote the thread if you'd like.

h7LGC.png

Last edited:
I've already posted a ton of stuff in my old thread, so if you want to take a gander at my doodles and sketches and stuff so far please go ahead and check out the link in my signature.

Here's something I did today. I'm still not great at drawing moe-style, but I'm trying to get better.

As you can see I left out the bottom left because my proportioning of Sae's chest was getting ridiculous on earlier attempts :)

That's some nice art there, if you draw Morishima or Kaoru too, please be kind to share :D.

Crunchy- quick question- If you draw so awesome why dont you ever ink in illustrator? It'd probably look professional level with a good ink job.

Anyway, on the same topic, for those of us who can only draw stick figures can we post sketches from other people that we inked for them? Or no?

Cut for many images.

SailorAnubis_vs_SailorMoon_by_AnarchicQ.jpg

Sailor Moon and my original senshi character

Annlee__No_Ghost_Just_a_Shell_by_AnarchicQ.jpg

Annlee, the chick in my sig

Jan_Valentine_coloured_by_AnarchicQ.jpg

Jan from Hellsing

Devil_Hunter_Yohko_by_AnarchicQ.jpg

Devil Hunter Yohko from Devil Hunter Yohko

Q__s_Fetish.jpg

Jan from Hellsing again

The_Rape_of_Alucard__s_mouth.jpg

Alucard from Hellsing

Alita_Under_Glass.jpg

Alita from Battle Angel Alita

Alita.jpg

Alita from Battle Angel Alita again

@AnarchicQ

What do you use to paint/color?

Crunchy- quick question- If you draw so awesome why dont you ever ink in illustrator? It'd probably look professional level with a good ink job.

Anyway, on the same topic, for those of us who can only draw stick figures can we post sketches from other people that we inked for them? Or no?

Because I have no idea how to use illustrator? :)

I managed to do these in SAI, but I've been too lazy to bother painting them. Is this what you mean?

Also, sure, inking is fine. Vectors of images are also fine, so are wallpapers created using other peoples stuff so long as credit is given where credit is due.

Last edited:
@captaincrunch - you're art is getting really good, but you still have a problem with hands. I suggest you spend a few hours drawing only feet/hands/fingers to get more comfortable

@captaincrunch - you're art is getting really good, but you still have a problem with hands. I suggest you spend a few hours drawing only feet/hands/fingers to get more comfortable

I know, you're right. I'm actually not bad, well at least better than I appear, if all I'm drawing is a hand. Its just that I tend to wing it when I'm drawing a full person or portrait instead of focusing on getting it right. It's a bad habit of mine.

I'm thinking of taking some art/drawing classes at my local CC, well, at least if they offer them on Saturdays and evenings.

Here's a work in progress at the sketch phase. I might just take this one all the way to inked/painted/finished fanart. Any pointers, or anything that seems off? (hands/guns notwithstanding)

(the back of the head is hard, because there's no references to work on. I have no idea what he looks like from behind :-/ )

If you don't know, these are the main characters of Persona 3 Portable.

Also, I got some decent medium-weight sketch paper instead of the heavy stuff I was using. It makes a big difference :)

Here's a work in progress at the sketch phase. I might just take this one all the way to inked/painted/finished fanart. Any pointers, or anything that seems off? (hands/guns notwithstanding)

Well maybe Im not seeing it correct, but I think his thumb on his left hand is on the wrong side.. Looking at it the way it is now, it's just not possible

Lol. That's why it's helpful to ask. Thank you.

Derp. :sweat:

I draw a little myself (but I try to draw realistic non manga) and when I look at it the next day for example im like.. What thats so wrong! you just don't see it anymore when you're busy with it ^^

Don't know if this topic also includes non manga related drawings etc?
But still gonna show it =P
n2d6jb.jpg

It's my first drawingthingie I made with a wacom tablet (still not finished)

Last edited:
Any art is fine, even photography.

That's a really good portrait.

I like my tablet but for some reason I still think it's far easier to sketch with a pencil and do the rest with the tablet (I have a cheaper Bamboo though).

Bamboo is from Wacom right?.. because I have a bamboo fun and touche and a genius a4 sized one.. don't use de genius anymore because the bamboo is more handy

but I will show some more drawings when I get back home again.. ^^

Some more big drawings :P
All made in Photoshop

I know that the last 2 are easier to make in Illustrator.. but well
an other realistic portrait (well.. tried to be realistic ofcourse)
nmyfci.jpg

and some vector thingies (I entered a radio competition with these)
2s15d91.jpg

ra9eo9.jpg

Didn't win anything tho ^^

I love Illustrator, I use Adobe Creative suite 4 on my mac to do my part time work.

Lately I only use it to make customs sets of pictures.. nothing a 5 year old could not do.

I limited the size of it, so its a bit hard to read the subs, but it was a funny scene in my opinion.
5247595848_09191fdab0_b.jpg

Back