News about the site skin

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
You may have noticed we have a new site skin showing - this is for Negima, sponsored by Funimation. It will be up for approximately one month. Because I know people are going to ask, eventually we will have more skins again; for right now, we don't have the bandwidth to program it. For full v3 we will potentially have the ability to switch skins again (will depend on time/budget). Thank you.

ya, saw it just a few seconds ago "hmm, somethings different... oh new colors!" lol like it a lot! Certainly an improved look.

Somewhat better than the former skin, but the boxes on the right, the user stats box & the bar behind the search field are still friggin ugly colors (slightly better than the extremely fugly colors of the old skin, but not by much).

The promo is actually a very good one, because it has a huge list of free streaming episodes. ;)

Ooh, looks good. I prefer these colours a lot more to the green, as much of a green fan I am.

If its sponsored by Funimation does that mean you are getting some money towards the site for it?

Last edited:
Don't you actually have to click on the link and visit the site before A-P gets any revenue?

With a site makeover kind of thing like this, I would assume that she gets some revenue merely from having it there and/or a per-view payment. Of course, clicks would get more cash. It's one promo that's actually worth a click, if for no other reason than to watch the episodes they have.

I do like it a lot, but the only criticism I would have is that the Negima! is much bigger than the A-P logo.

H.

yeah, we didn't have a ton of control over how it looked... for the new design of the site the themes will work differently and won't fully overshadow the logo anymore ^_^

as a side note i found out that i need to change the link for the entire top image to funimation.com/negima2, so if you're curious about the series till i get home tonight, check out that link :D

and it's impression-based, not clicks... but of course, if you are interested in the series you're encouraged to click, as then funimation can tell people are interested ^_^

Hmm... forum looked fucked up for a minute there. It still had the old skin for the most part, but an oversized & misplaced link to funimation & a big gap under the banner. Had to do a forced refresh to clear it up & get the new skin.

The new skin looks great on the forum, with the single exception of the reddish~orangish links on the grey toolbars. It'd look better/be easier to read if those were replaced with the lighter orange color from the banner. (Dunno if you can do that without also affecting the links on the pale backgrounds though.)

The new skin looks great on the forum, with the single exception of the reddish~orangish links on the grey toolbars. It'd look better/be easier to read if those were replaced with the lighter orange color from the banner. (Dunno if you can do that without also affecting the links on the pale backgrounds though.)

yeah, i dont think we can easily. i noticed it as well but frankly i dont care enough to spend hours trying to fix it - that time would be better spent with v3 planning :)

Heh. The peach colour looks bizarre, and I agree that against the grey it's not fantastic. But the change in itself is quite nice. And hey, whatever gets the site a bit more cash, although I imagine it's far from in the thousands. :(

Yeah, the orangy~reddish on grey isn't a major issue. It's readable without squintint too much, and really only worth fixing if it's an easy fix (or if the skin were permanent).

Header is cool, but those links are disaster. I am unable to look at forums and force myself to keep my tearing eyes on threads names :-) If that could be fixed it would be like mega awesome.

Other than that great idea for funds rising!

Back