Walking Dead

Anyone watch it Sunday? Cause I did and thought it was AMAZING!!! I was wondering how you guys felt about it and the things they did compared to the graphic novel.

Expanding on the father, son, mother aspect was so good. Really well done, especially the sniper scene. Beautiful.

I thought it was awesome.

how long was he in the hospital? I don't see how he could of stayed alive for that long. The IV would have run out a long time ago.

I thought it was really well done, and seemed very cinematic. These zombies seemed a little odd. Their intelligence seems to fluctuate
the zombie mother knew how to open doors
, and they seem to go after any kind of meat.

Is this the thing with Simon from teachers in it?

By the way when is the zombie bubble going to burst? I mean, seriously. It's nowhere near as annoying as the vampire fad, but jesus.

I love anything with zombies in it, and as long as they stay zombies, I'll be happy with every movie that comes out.

I was going to make a thread on this show, forgot to, but see someone else did. Loved the first episode. The makeup was awesome for the zombies, and that one zombie with just the torso was fucking creepy as all hell. I am going to be a little skeptical with this show however. I hope it still keeps zombies and surviving as the main focus, I'm worried it might lose track of that.

As far as the zombies intelligence goes, I don't believe it was them learning, it was them just retaining their primal memories. I believe they even said that as well. If you notice with the little girl on the highway, she was looking for her little bunny, and the mother was trying to get into her home. They're like Shaun of the Dead zombies.

how long was he in the hospital? I don't see how he could of stayed alive for that long. The IV would have run out a long time ago.

I thought it was really well done, and seemed very cinematic. These zombies seemed a little odd. Their intelligence seems to fluctuate

As far as your first spoiler goes,
Hospital survival, an IV isn't necessarily the thing keeping him alive while in the hospital, they also never say how long he was under for after people stopped taking care of him. It's easy to assume that it was a few weeks, but do you have the same qualms with 28 days later?

The second spoiler about the intelligence level, yeah they seem to just hold on to the last things they really did, innate primal reaction type stuff. Not really intelligent as far as like land of the dead or anything. The meat thing, yup in the books they do just go after any non decayed meat which is cool.

Is this the thing with Simon from teachers in it?

By the way when is the zombie bubble going to burst? I mean, seriously. It's nowhere near as annoying as the vampire fad, but jesus.

Idk about the simon from teachers thing, but this fad isn't going to end for a while. Not that this just hit, as long as it stays true to the comic zombies are only going to get bigger. This guy started this comic in 2003 so he was well before zombies became a fad at all, and his fan base love him for what he's done for zombies. If the show stays true to that then expect it to be around a long time.

As far as your first spoiler goes,
Hospital survival, an IV isn't necessarily the thing keeping him alive while in the hospital, they also never say how long he was under for after people stopped taking care of him. It's easy to assume that it was a few weeks, but do you have the same qualms with 28 days later?

The second spoiler about the intelligence level, yeah they seem to just hold on to the last things they really did, innate primal reaction type stuff. Not really intelligent as far as like land of the dead or anything. The meat thing, yup in the books they do just go after any non decayed meat which is cool.

The wilted flowers seem that it might show that he might have been unattended for a while. You can only live without water a few days. It also seems weird that his room was the only untouched room in the building. It just seems like the memories that they retain are based on the story. Some zombies will remember more things to make the scene more dramatic.

I don't like how they call them "walkers". Why are so many zombie movies (or series in this case) so against calling them zombies? The only thing I've seen recently that called them zombies was Zombieland.

BTW I'm not a fan of 28 Days Later.

I don't like how they call them "walkers". Why are so many zombie movies (or series in this case) so against calling them zombies? The only thing I've seen recently that called them zombies was Zombieland.

BTW I'm not a fan of 28 Days Later.[/QUOTE]

Do you like any zombie related mediums? Also they do call them zombies in the books. Those side characters just didn't but that's only a third of the first TPB so there is much more to come so my guess if they continue to follow the books then they will start to call them zombies. They also use the terms undead and living dead. They cover pretty much everything as the story goes on.

BTW I'm not a fan of 28 Days Later.

Do you like any zombie related mediums? Also they do call them zombies in the books. Those side characters just didn't but that's only a third of the first TPB so there is much more to come so my guess if they continue to follow the books then they will start to call them zombies. They also use the terms undead and living dead. They cover pretty much everything as the story goes on.[/QUOTE]

About calling them zombies
In the books the characters actually have that conversation. They mention how it sounded strange at first but eventually end up saying "fuck it", we're dealing with zombies. They end up having nicknames for the different types of zombies too, "walkers" become the more dangerous, more active ones.

Fun Fact: The horse from the pilot episode of The Walking Dead is the same fucking horse from Survival of the Dead. That must be one unlucky/tasty horse.

This is one of the few times where I thought the things that were added to the story were all well done and helped to enhance the story.

Do you like any zombie related mediums? Also they do call them zombies in the books. Those side characters just didn't but that's only a third of the first TPB so there is much more to come so my guess if they continue to follow the books then they will start to call them zombies. They also use the terms undead and living dead. They cover pretty much everything as the story goes on.

About calling them zombies
In the books the characters actually have that conversation. They mention how it sounded strange at first but eventually end up saying "fuck it", we're dealing with zombies. They end up having nicknames for the different types of zombies too, "walkers" become the more dangerous, more active ones.

I haven't read the comic books, but I thought that just as much. They know they are dealing with zombies, they just nicknamed them walkers because they become very active at night and walk around.

Actually, did they call them walkers or roamers? I thought I heard roamers.

Also, technically they weren't zombies in 28 days later. They were bitten and the rage virus was transmitted to them. Gotta be an undead to qualify as a zombie.

Fun Fact: The horse from the pilot episode of The Walking Dead is the same fucking horse from Survival of the Dead. That must be one unlucky/tasty horse.

This is one of the few times where I thought the things that were added to the story were all well done and helped to enhance the story.[/QUOTE]

THAT'S SO COOL! I didn't know that, haha. That horse was awesome in Survival of the Dead, though the movie as a whole was quite mediocre. I feel like Romero has really lost his touch. I also agree that it did totally help to enhance the story, though it seems the show is set at a much slower pace than the graphic novel due to that.

Yeah, I saw it, loved it. The changes that have been made so far do add to the show. I'm really interested to see the changes made to the main characters. I remember reading how they were going to change things up here and there so those of us that have been reading the comics couldn't predict everything that happens on the show.

Also, I'm willing to give Robert Kirkman a couple of logic passes. He made me laugh my ass off from Battle Pope.

Saw it, enjoyed it. Should be a good distraction until more Breaking Bad.

By the way the first ep had the highest ratings in the network's history.

Every so often the comic fandom comes together to make shit happen.

Most Definitely. I am a little upset that they will change things up, mostly because the books have been nearly perfect. Though it will be cool to not be able to predict everything, I'll have to think of it as a really big what if or something.

You know that same thing came to my mind........
The hospital looks like it was deserted for a while and some of that equipment wasn't working....how the hell did he go for that long?!?!

It felt like I was watching Left 4 Dead, without the special zombies and if they had followed the zombie survival guide, even a little bit. The first two episodes were pretty good, actually better then most zombie related movies or what not.

I expect more of this epic amazing, but to be fair I shall keep an open and skeptical mind when it comes to the wishy washy behavior so many shows tend to have when it comes to plot and story.

Well this entire episode wasn't part of the books and I've got to say you named the racist asshole Merle Dixon... really? And could you have made him a worse human being? What an awful character. And then you make the black guy a bumbling scardey cat named T-Dog. Now thats some lackluster character creation.
On a serperate note Glenn was pretty awesome, more of a smart ass than in the books but he deserves it seeing as he does all the nasty shit and the last scene with him in the car was awesome.
Also I think the actress playing Andrea looks too old. Oh well it was still a good episode but I am iffy on the new characters.

My favorite moment of the 2nd ep was after Rick does his little speach about the body and passes the drivers liscence around, Glenn points out the guy was an organ donor. Also: "You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news." "Is there any good news?" "No."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back