What are badges?

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
What are badges?
--------------------------------------------
You earn badges by doing various things on the site - contributing content, posting comments, or just plain old building up your anime and manga lists. For example, you can earn badges for watching several series in certain franchises and for adding loved and hated characters.

Some badges, such as 'member of the site for [x] years', are permanent. Others can be earned and lost.

What are all of the badges I can earn?
You can see a full list of badges HERE. We're always working towards adding new badges. If you'd like to donate towards the cause (as the more funds we have from ad money and donations, the more we can add!) CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

Do these badges replace TACO?
No! Badges will work in parallel with TACO on some issues. Coming soon, we'll have sets of special TACO badges that can be manually awarded to users by TACO moderators (and TACO moderators, you'll have a special moderator badge, too ^_^). You'll be able to trade in your TACO points for these badges. Not to mention, if you do things on the site like add reviews and earn badges, you can also get TACO points to trade in for more badges!

Who designed the badges?
Badge images were designed by cassiesheepgirl. Like them? Drop by her profile to say hello.

Last edited:
what about the animes you have watched like getting a badge for seeing more then 100 anime or 150 and so on or any of these Watched, Dropped or won't watch? I mean I think we should get at lest one badge fro the Dropped or Won't Watch ya know if that is what people have? just saying

what about the anime you have watched like getting a badge for seeing more then 100 anime or 150 and so on or any of these Watched, Dropped or won't watch? I mean I think we should get at lest one badge fro the Dropped or Won't Watch ya know if that is what people have? just saying

If you have some badge ideas, you could post them in the Post badge ideas here! thread. This one is an introduction to the badges for those that need it. :drink:

what is a TACO? Do we hold mexican food parties here?
yuukisaki.gif

I think there should be an clear explanation on how to achieve the badges. I am really clueless about may of them.

What are badges?
You earn badges by doing various things on the site - contributing content, posting comments, or just plain old building up your anime and manga lists. For example, you can earn badges for watching several series in certain franchises and for adding loved and hated characters.

Some badges, such as 'member of the site for [x] years', are permanent. Others can be earned and lost.

What are all of the badges I can earn?
You can see a full list of badges HERE. We're always working towards adding new badges. If you'd like to donate towards the cause (as the more funds we have from ad money and donations, the more we can add!) CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

Do these badges replace TACO?
No! Badges will work in parallel with TACO on some issues. Coming soon, we'll have sets of special TACO badges that can be manually awarded to users by TACO moderators (and TACO moderators, you'll have a special moderator badge, too ^_^). You'll be able to trade in your TACO points for these badges. Not to mention, if you do things on the site like add reviews and earn badges, you can also get TACO points to trade in for more badges!

Who designed the badges?
Badge images were designed by cassiesheepgirl. Like them? Drop by her profile to say hello.
what is the life on anime badge???

what is the life on anime badge???

There are different ones for how much time you've spent watching anime. If you watched one episode, your life on amie would be 20-ish minutes. The more you watch, the higher your "Life on Anime" is.
If you look on your profile, it says you've watched 2 weeks and 18 hours. At certain milestones you get a badge as a reward :)

So what happened to TACO badges? The link leads to an error. Was that feature just removed?

The link is just to the TACO thread in General, link probably just broke when the thread was moved years ago. TACO badges never happened (just badges for activities TACO promoted) and we have kind of ended TACO-specific updates due to inactivity. But you can still get badges for doing TACO related things like writing reviews, making recs, etc. We're hoping to have another user-reward system someday in the future, but we don't have anything active at the moment.

Back