Magi

Damias

[sadht]Magi[/sadht][sadhl]Magi[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

We ought to have one that I believe has a very popular manga though I didn't read the manga nor had I watched the episode, yet. The episode was released earlier, so go watch and discuss already.

EDIT : I really enjoyed this. The setting is unique, Aladdin is awesome and I do like the humor very much, the segments with him being chibi and such.

Last edited:
I liked it.
The characters seem cool and Aladin's magic powers seem like they'll be fun. :D

That. Was. Weird. The kind of weird only a Japanese, anime version of Aladdin can be...and I like it. Cracked up at
Aladdin motorboating fat guy's moobs.
Classic.

I loved this silly version, Aladdin has wining personality in this (even though it's the rip of Ralo) and the whole thing got me interested. Comedy was nicely done and kept me entertained through the whole episode; I swear I was not bored for a single second. I liked the designs, but animation is generally well done… music has that Aladin-ish style… no complains there… everything was pretty much nicely done so this could turn out to be quite awesome. For now it’s my favorite of the season… looking forward for some dungeon clearing...

In the intro, when ghost asked him for a whish and offered him immortality did anyone hear Vegeta's voice… 'first the immortality and then the bitches'... or just me... judging by the kid's personality I wouldn't even be surprised if he did say so...

One complain though, why didn’t they take the pink girl with them… or is the journey bros exclusive…

Curious about this, i'll go watch the first episode. Here's hoping there is an actual plot to it.

Edit: Not great, but i guess i'll watch it.
I'm not really a fan of the 'GIANT dude comes out of a flute'-thing, but the arms turning red and showing something of shyness upon seeing a beautiful girl makes it easier to live with somehow. Second half of the episode was better and the dungeons thing is kind of interesting. I'm hoping to see some action other than the jinn because the OP makes it look nice.
I'll give it a few episodes to grow on me.

Last edited:
Should be fun.
As for the girl, she'll join them later on. I'd take bets on that.

Yeah the'll probably raid the dungeon and bust her out the legal way, by paying her ass off...

The OP gives some clues to the girl traveling with them, and isn't she the same girl who can be seen fighting those tigers in the OP? I'll side with gin on this.

Ep. 01

biggthumpup.gif

I rather enjoyed the first episode.
It reminds me a lot of the GetBackers series, in the chibi comedy/shounen type way, which I also rather enjoyed.
Here's to hoping they stay similar!

So, my initial 5 seconds into the show impression was Shounen-ai. Aladdin sounds and behaves a lot like a girl. Alibaba seemed submissive enough to follow suit. Then ten minutes into the show it's established both characters like boobs. They really drove that point home. Hooray for not Shounen-ai! Maybe? I hope...

For all the "be true to yourself" stuff Aladdin was trying to teach Alibaba, they didn't do a damn thing to help those slaves after they saved them from the monster. The red-haired girl is obviously going to join them if the opening is anything to go by and the fact they didn't take at least her with them was sort of disappointing.

The djinn powers are interesting and the concept of raiding dungeons around the world intrigues me.

It was a decent first episode.

I'll keep watching.

Episode 2.
So, Ugo is powered by the kids stomach...that's a new one. Rather amusing too. And big shocker, Sharif is a sadistic asshole, who likes to use his big slave as a pin cushion. What a douche.

On a secondary note
they weren't kidding about her having a kick! I mean...damn. She didn't just run up that wall, she left dents in it!

Episode 2
Woo, another antagonist that pisses me off. :)
I hope mask guy goes on multiple adventures with Aladdin and Alibaba as well. It's a sure thing Mori (Morgiana, her name is too long) will be with the group.

This first few episodes are tough for Morgiana, seeing my favorite character treated the way she is T^T

I'm liking the differences between the manga and anime, they aren't huge but they aren't tiny, just a little tweak here and there. God I hate the Shafar or w/e he's called, such a spic. This is definitely one of my favorite animes for the season ^_____^

Morgiana <3

So it's another Fairy Tail huh? Way too childish and easy going.

Yes, childish. Slaves, pits fulls of dead treasure hunters,
a kid nearly dying first episode, a guy who uses his slave like a stabbing toy...
Oh, and blood. Something Fairy Tail doesn't have. So, ha.

Episode 2:

Since I liked the first episode and this one was even better... ughh I like this show. There is that duche antagonist that will hopefully suffer an painful death... My first reaction on Morigana's legs was: fuck they are huge... and then they explained that she is fucking prinsess of Persia... so everything is good. I look forward to see their adventure, they remind me of Simon, Yoko and Kamina... just a little bit...

FINALLY got a chance to watch the second episode. This show has surprised the living hell out of me. I was expecting some little kid's show, similar to Hunter x Hunter in style, but this has truly been magnificent.

Also, I'm pretending that Ali baba is actually young Gilgamesh of the Fate series and pretending this is his earliest adventures.

Back