The Ambition of Oda Nobuna

Nihatclodra

The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Alt title: Oda Nobuna no Yabou

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

==================================================================

There are many shows like it... but this show is still entertaining enough to watch.

Edit: ... so I'm the only one here watching this? ... alrighty then.

Last edited:
<------------------ see this pic. this is the mon of the Oda family; i use this as my avatar pretty much everywhere.

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE japanese history and i played Nobunaga's Ambition on the original NES like legitimately a thousand times. i'm watching this series, good or bad.

episode 1.... it's decent. it's part hard core history and part silly fluffy romcom. i'm wonder how far forward their gonna go? until Oda dies and "Hideyoshi" unites japan? i also wonder if their even gonna delve into how he got there, or gets back home (it's not like he's even talked about figuring how to get back ever, either). it's not truly a harem series, and i don't think it really will be, not the direction it seems to be heading.

i love the character design of Ieyasu, making her a glasses girl with her fox tail obi sash and little animal ear green hoop hair buns. i normally hate the animal looking girls, but i think because it Ieyasu it compelled me to fall for her.

it is unapologetically historical, and does not explain the future ramifications because everyone in japan is expected to know this part of history like americans would know "1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue" or british would know the bombing of London during WWII; it's rote memory... so it's gonna probably not cater to the gaijin viewers as much (except the ones who have studied a lot of japanese history, like me).

^That's a real game...? I must play it.

and I have enough interest and knowledge in Japanese History to understand this series. A fair bit of references will likely fly straight over my head though.

also, Oni, can you suggest any good series (anime or manga) that is funny and covers this period of time (or is at least loosely based on it)?

^That's a real game...? I must play it.

and I have enough interest and knowledge in Japanese History to understand this series. A fair bit of references will likely fly straight over my head though.

also, Oni, can you suggest any good series (anime or manga) that is funny and covers this period of time (or is at least loosely based on it)?

Here I can chime in, 'Hyouge Mono' should fit the bill. Unfortunately subbing has stalled at ep 14 atm.

Never played nor heard of Nobunaga's Ambition!? How is that possible!?

I was very confused for a minute or 2, not what I was expecting from this. The girl kinda looked like a long haired Ed Elric... Kinda enjoyed the comedy, that could be because I didn't think comedy would be a main point to this show. Still entertained me enough to want to watch more... Ugh I'm watching too many shows.
Oh good, Hanzou is still a guy. Didn't want everyone to be a girl version of the Ambition's game characters. I was wondering If he'd use his knowledge from the future (and the game) to help out, glad he did and he's not a complete idiot.

So Is his revealing the future gonna change how things turn out later? Also, when is he gonna freak out that he's no longer in his time...

The girl kinda looked like a long haired Ed Elric...

I had the EXACT same thought as soon as i saw her. the long blond/gold hair, gold eyes, a red coat, being tiny in stature but massive in ego - in all honesty i feel that they just took ed and gender bended him for this

:laugh:
I actually thought she looked like Ayame from Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi!).

ayame2.jpg

I like Drifters.
Is watching this version of Oda Nobunaga going to dirty my view of the version in Drifters?

^... I feel stupid for asking this... but Oda Nobunaga is in Drifters? -.-' I should really pay more attention to names...

i feel the story is very un-original. this makes it a bit of a buzz kill even though i'll probably continue watching it. wasn't it just a little while ago another series had the same plot and idea of a high school kid going back in time to the nobunaga time period and lo and behold, nobunaga is a woman? not to mention in both series the cell phone took the centre of attention right at the start?

^... I feel stupid for asking this... but Oda Nobunaga is in Drifters? -.-' I should really pay more attention to names...
Well, yes. He's one of the main characters. The guy with the eyepatch.
329946-nobunaga.jpg

On the same note, people here speak of traps... Drifters has that too...
169173.jpg

I didn't even notice Yoichi was a dude before quite a while into the story...

i feel the story is very un-original. this makes it a bit of a buzz kill even though i'll probably continue watching it. wasn't it just a little while ago another series had the same plot and idea of a high school kid going back in time to the nobunaga time period and lo and behold, nobunaga is a woman? not to mention in both series the cell phone took the centre of attention right at the start?

You're thinking of Otome Paradox. That was all females though. At least this one has some males, and the male lead isn't that bad though.

I was really looking forward to this but saw the ad/preview for it and I got the impression it is shounen with some harem stuff. Am I wrong?
I thought this anime was a documentary at first lol

Back