Beyond the Boundary

TheCoffeeGod

Beyond the Boundary
Alt title: Kyoukai no Kanata

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Seeing as how it looks like this is probably one of the Fall TBS series, I might as well make a thread on it, as that just about guarantees I'll watch it since it'll probably be a Sentai license.

PV 1

Kyoukai no Kanata PV1

PV 2

Kyoukai no Kanata PV2

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Kyoukai no Kanata

In the end, I've decided I'll follow this one.
It does seem pretty good from the PVs, although I'm going to go in with moderate expectations.

Hmm. *sees KyotoAni* ... well, they did have Hyouka.... shrugs.

The sub is up already but the main character gives out blood-c's saya vibes so i dare not watch it till i get some confirmation.

Episode 1:

Meh...

I'm not exactly the the biggest KyoAni fan, and I'm already bored from their generic design. This one looks like all others, all moe, with only exception of having much more motion. Action was very entertaining, tbh, but nothing really felt fresh. That bandage monster looked cool, though.

That reason for stabbing him was... urghh... whatever. I know I would flip after only 1 time. And I wasn't really into all that "s-senpai noticed me" vibe I was getting. I would trade it any day for more MC/black haired childhood friend dialogues; those were entertaining as hell, and I'd sail with that boat. Bespectacled girl didn't appeal to me at all. She practically told her whole life story... and it's the same thing as all school/fantasy things... there's always that weird story about being the part of a clan and yada yada... there are even few shows in current season that will have the same thing... meh.

Op was usual KyotoAni style; completely stoppable for me. I liked the ED a lot more.

I did enjoy it. And I'll continue watching this just too see if it will take some other route instead of usual "high schoolers fighting monsters from time to time" most of these types of shows take. I have some hopes... some...

Episode 1
The bits of action were very appealing, as I expected. And while this series does still have that KyoAni feel with character interactions and behaviors, it still has a different tone to it. And even if the latter goes away I'll probably be fine, considering I'm also a fan of their work in general.
Mirai's unique and interesting as expected. And Akihito seems like he'll do an adequate job as her foil from what we've seen.
I'm cool with them being in the Literary Club too; I have a penchant for those.
Solid start I'd say.

Episode 1

JINBEI?! What happened?
Well that beginning was interesting. Love the art but that is usually my feeling with KyoAni. Well this certainly has potential; let’s see how it plays out.

Episode 1:

Meh, the whole guy finds quirky gal doing a weird thing which triggers some odd interactions just feels insanely overused to me. Same with the KyoAni character design. I would have loved it if they made it look more like the characters in Free. I found Mirai's clumsy moe antics to be severly grating as well. The fact that her weapon-summoning power is very similar to that of Sasha from Seikon no Qwaser gave me the creeps. I'm not really intrigued by the premise either, but at least it's not bad.

Well, at least it has stellar production values, but I'm not expecting much from this.

Episode 01
well i quite enjoyed that, yeah some generic feels from other stuff are there but really, after god knows how many anime has been made it would be pretty difficult to be 100% original with everything so as long as it's interesting and what not who cares?

Anyway thus far im quite likeing it, some decent action scenes, i quite liked Mirai's clumsy side, kind of common trait sadly but it still went quite nice. Thus far characters seem decent enough but developments will say it all later.
for now, a promising start for me.

Episode 1 was nice enough. It's got a good amount of potential if they actually intend to make it darker instead of an action comedy of sorts with moeish elements. The two main characters were alright (as ridiculous as their relationship is, that's part of it too) and the little action bits were very well done. I especially liked

the bit where Kanbara throws the bucket at Mirai and she splits it in two.

Oh, the monster designs are also nice so far - particularly the second. As for KyoAni's staple human designs, I don't really care that they all look essentially the same... It's still a much better style than that of most generic anime nowadays. And Mirai's still stands out for a KyoAni design.

NoMatter said:
JINBEI?! What happened?

Heh. The worst thing about the episode is that it reminded me I need to finish that borefest.

Naga said:
Op was usual KyotoAni style; completely stoppable for me. I liked the ED a lot more.

Agreed.

Back