Shiki

captaincrunch

[sadht]Shiki[/sadht][sadhl=3136]Shiki[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Thoughts?
Comments?

Well, I'm not sure what to make of this after only one episode. It's at the very least interesting in terms of atmosphere, and I'm a fan of the genre. The only thing that annoyed me was/is the character designs. The styles seem to be mishmashed from different types and not very uniform.

It really felt a lot like some mix of Dance in the Vampire Bund and Higurashi/Ookami Kakushi, but seems be a bit more artsy than those.

Seems like something I'm willing to follow for the season though.

I've read the manga and it gets better. The character designs look better on paper than on TV.
Megumi is more annoying than I remember. Good thing she serves a better purpose dead than alive.

I wouldn't say that I hated the animation but it isn't completely something I'm use to either. I haven't read the manga but it is currently on my what to read list. Though really the only reason I want to read it is because I want some idea of what is going on the series. The main characters were hard to get a hold of in a lot of aspects mainly because you really didn't get to know any of them expect for megumi, so it kind of made it hard to relate to any of them. Really I don't really know if I'm going to stick with the series I'll watch a couple more episodes to see if I will or not.

Very intriguing. I like how most of the anime this time around are pretty dark. Shiki is something I'll be keeping my eye on.

I've read the manga and it gets better. The character designs look better on paper than on TV.
Megumi is more annoying than I remember. Good thing she serves a better purpose dead than alive.

Is it a finished or ongoing manga?

The first episode was kind of "meh" for me, but I'm probably gonna stick with this one for its entirety, in part because it's noitaminA and I have yet to be disappointed by anything they've done. The animation of the main characters isn't really to my taste, but I'm enjoying the designs of the background characters.

Is it a finished or ongoing manga?

The manga is still being published, but it's based on a novel, which is completed, so I have a feeling that whatever isn't in the manga will be pulled from the novel.

The first episode was kind of "meh" for me, but I'm probably gonna stick with this one for its entirety, in part because it's noitaminA and I have yet to be disappointed by anything they've done. The animation of the main characters isn't really to my taste, but I'm enjoying the designs of the background characters.

The manga is still being published, but it's based on a novel, which is completed, so I have a feeling that whatever isn't in the manga will be pulled from the novel.

At the very least, that means it'll have an ending :) I'm watching it for the same reason, both noitaminA shows last season were good.

I didn't find it as anything exciting.. the only thing that even makes me wanna watch more is curiosity.

Maybe my expectations were too high but I waited for something better. This can go anywhere from this point so it could turn out as something enjoyable. We'll see.

(Thumbs down for unnatural hairstyles.)

I found it a rather enjoyable,
Killing off a character I find to be the second most annoying (the main character taking that spot for his character type) Also It gives off a Higurashi feeling while having likable animation quality.

Anime News Network's synopsis of the show sucks. I think it is full of spoilers. It totally killed the mystery of the first episode as it kind of explained the ending of the first episode.

Anime News Network's synopsis of the show sucks. I think it is full of spoilers. It totally killed the mystery of the first episode as it kind of explained the ending of the first episode.

I'm glad I never read it, then:D

It's weird, because when watching the anime I thought they were completely out of place, but you just can't tell from the anime that the manga was done by Fujisaki Ryu. Looking at the manga it's apparent right off the bat, and the contrast he creates with all the black in his character designs makes it much more effective (although the lines he puts on the cheeks and such make it look too much like Hoshin Engi ^^; ).

It wasn't a bad first episode per se, but I just can't really get over the idea that the character designs really aren't suited to a horror anime. HIgurashi pulled it off by have a sort of split between the happy-go-lucky scenes and the zomg-wtf-killer-loli scenes. This seems to be going for straight horror with character designs that looked like they we pulled out of an H-game and touched up a bit.

I'm glad I never read it, then:D

I looked again, and it appears that they put up another synopsis. The problem is, they never got rid of the old one. So there are two on there. Is ANN like AP where anybody can write a synopsis? Sometimes their quality isn't that good.

I really liked this - the animation style (what's wrong with it?), the character designs, the gore, the story... Looking forward to ep. 2!

Ep 2: It seems like things are getting moving. If done well, it could end up being pretty good.... hopefully. The ED reminds me slightly of Higurashi's first OP

I keep wanting to give up on this series, but the mystery has me captured. I don't like the animation style, though. Did that blue haired truck driver have cat ears?? Is that a hair style?
Anyway, I'm sticking with it for now. I do like how they seem to be bringing the whole town into the story.

Good second episode was enough to keep me interested in the anime though after watching the first episode I went and read all the manga chapters available so I pretty much know what's happening and going to happen so far. But I'm definitely going to continue watching the series. Though there are still a few points I'm confused about but that deals more with the manga and this isn't the place to talk about it.

Back