sneak peek of new design

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
it's not finished (the color bar is way too tall, spacing of the status bar is weird, tag line isn't done, etc). not to mention this is only a small part of the new anime entry page ;)

but just to give you guys a taste of the last 3 weeks of work:

samplepageuo9.jpg

and a sneak peek at a home page search:

searchsampleqk9.jpg

positive comments gladly appreciated given how soul crushing this redesign has been.

(eta maybe a week - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AND ASK OR SAY "I HOPE IT'S DONE SOON" as i will then close the thread in an irritated manner.)

and i will not be answering further questions about other features/functionality, so please dont ask

Ooo, looks nice and clean (and I LOOOOVE green so the side makes me happy!). Can't wait to see the finished thing (but don't worry I'll happily wait as long as it takes)

I definately like the idea of having the user stats visible, since I tend to click on that a lot :) and the screenshot bit looks very cool! Ooo I'm all excited now :D

Thanks for the sneek peek and keep up the good work (without giving youself a breakdown of course :) we don't want a broken sothis!)

Last edited:
yeah we are moving almost fully away from the idea of hidden panels... with the exception of the recommendation reasons as those can get hugely long. instead, all information will be visible on screen (or at least, a sample selection and then 'see all' type link)

also: the green is the ninja scroll theme; for launch we'll only have one theme done, with others added as time permits for the new look

i love the sneak peek the site will be great thx for the hard work
i can waited for months now
damm the site you will make will be soo crazy

Keep up the good work, so far it looks awesome. Doing that in 3 weeks is an amazing feat in and of itself so there is no need to rush it out the door. When its up its up. I have no problem with the people working on it taking their time to make sure everything works out the way it should. As they say, do it right the first time. :smile:

I have developed a phobia of any new looks or changes when it comes to websites I visit, because in the past a lot of sites that I frequent have changed for the worse. Thank you for convincing me that it's actually possible to improve on a good thing - I like what I see. Great work!

I have the same issue too. So many sites I stopped using cause of that. But this looks awesome! Thanks Sothis! Keep up the good work!

Well, i'm just glad that the angel with the fluffy animal in her hands remained as a logo or whateever it is, on the main page:), Looks nice btw.

[/quote] positive comments gladly appreciated given how soul crushing this redesign has been.

(eta maybe a week - PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND AND ASK OR SAY "I HOPE IT'S DONE SOON" as i will then close the thread in an irritated manner.)

and i will not be answering further questions about other features/functionality, so please dont ask[/quote]

This is really cool! It's not easy having a hobby that is more like a second
job! Thank You Lady Otaku, Mistress of Anime Magic, and programmer supreme and all the hands that helped. Although it is not a meal it looks like
a feast for the eyes. I'm sure that all will see it and say "Itadakimasu"

Wow, looks pretty spiffy. I like the cycling screenshot box, since a lot of random perusers probably didn't notice that there's more than just the main one.

Back