Request: Top favourite anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalOss

Database Moderator
It would be nice to have an option to see or filter on anime on the amount of watched/watching users. To be able to see the most popular anime on the site. Most popular as in status not rating.

Just as MAL has.

Okay, but that still only shows the most popular of the day and week.
It would be nice to have this function for all time aswell. And even nicer to have more as a top 100 so you would be able to arrange the lists on this filter.

Im speaking about this (if the links are not allowed, please remove them)

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=bypopularity

And this is the regular top 100 based on rating.
http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php
www.anime-planet.com/anime/top-anime

PS
I prefer AP above MAL because of it looks, being more user friendly and AP has webtoons. Not that this is seen as advertising ;p
The only thing good about MAL is its bigger userbase.

we used to have a browse by status page, but it was barely ever used and we wanted to reduce some of the zillions of ways people could browse when launching v4. there aren't plans to bring back the page at this time but we'll consider if it makes sense to roll it into the popular pages somehow

the today/this week pages are a little different indeed, but they're based on how often someone has updated the entry, versus 'see which anime have been watched the most', that sort of thing

Ah, thought that would be a nice touch but apparantly not many others think the same.
Well ive got patience, maybe in a few years time that has changed ;p

we used to have a browse by status page, but it was barely ever used and we wanted to reduce some of the zillions of ways people could browse when launching v4.

I rarely used the browse by status page because it took too many clicks to get there (and I didn't want to bookmark 2 different browse pages). Also you couldn't filter on that page, if I remember correctly. I would prefer to have it as one of the sorting options on the browse anime page. If it was on the browse anime page, I would have used it more often. There could be either a tab or a drop-down menu with all of the sorting options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back