Nobunagun

Sormat

[sadht]Nobunagun.[/sadht]

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

Trailer.

I read the synopsis ("Nobunaga in the corpse of a school girl") and I thought this is so stupid that only can work if it's stylish mindless fun action shit. Granted, that's what the trailer showed up, so in appreciation I'll check it out, it can be fun.

The color palette reminds me to JoJo btw, that's a plus :megusta:

Episode 1:
This was one of the worst premiers I've seen. The plot's dull and makes no sense that I fell asleep. If crazy action's the selling point it doesn't help that the animation's horribly choppy and messy in certain areas. Not even exciting in the brainless fun way, just fucking horrid and action scenes I can only call laughably boring. The character's are also all so generic and flat as cardboard with dry dialogue to accompany them that it makes it feel worse than it already is. And when it comes to the end in my opinion it barely did anything to redeem this.

There's not one positive thing I can say about this, everything was bland and it was stupid beyond all recognition. The OST wasn't even memorable and it's as if the director barely even tried. But it's not surprising consider what else he's done, all of which are pretty lacklustre.

Just run away while you still can from this because shows like Kill la Kill, Needless and Space Dandy's first episode accomplish much more in being crazy fun, fuck this show. It's less entertaining than watching paint dry on my wall.

Last edited:
Makes no sense? The plot seems pretty simple. It doesn't look like this episode was meant to show you what the action will be like. It just introduced the characters, and a basic intro to the plot.

wasn't impressed or disapointed, so still on fence will stick with it for 1-3 more episodes then decide if it's worth finishing.

Makes no sense? The plot seems pretty simple. It doesn't look like this episode was meant to show you what the action will be like. It just introduced the characters, and a basic intro to the plot.

When I said that I meant the whole entire premise seems incredibly dumb and the way it handled telling the plot wasn't particularly all that interesting imo even if it's just basic setup. At least not from other hundreds of generic cliched action-oriented series I've seen. I worded that a bit poorly but personally didn't think it was anything special was more along the lines of what I was thinking.

Reincarnation+Giant monsters+ Black Rock Shooer + Scyed.
Well, that is what I got out of this.
EP1

They sure shoehorned a lot in a single episode.
she is a loner, a military vehicle junky, and seems to not flinch when giant M60 tanks land near her.
She did finally show some signs of fear when she was upended by the invaders.
I am not so sure the character she became is a stable individual. Her Gun is big and ridiculous, but being a girl with a giant spiritual mini gun might be fun.
Overall I found the show frantic, but passable. They definitely tried to hook you with a lot of boom.
The animation was a bit stiff but not ugly. The character designs are paint by number, but Jack was unique. In fact I got a Soul Eater vibe from him for some reason. I am thinking later characters will look fresh too. (or I hope so)

It's cool. Ghandi's about to show up and whup some serious ass. His super weapon is probably some kind of self-starvation beam or something. It makes him look emaciated to the enemy and they get depressed and leave.

If that doesn't work then Newton can chime in with 'RINGO MOGIRE BEAM!'

tumblr_m5a87rrIQA1ry14qgo1_400.gif

Just from reading the premise and watching the PV, I thought this show was going to be retarded. It looks like my instincts were right. So glad I didn't watch this one out of curiosity.

Episode 1:

It wasn't really that bad, the setting is interesting even if its a bit overused so if they played it right this might be good for some mindless fun.

Eeeem... the premise is screaming "we know this is dumb" and the same with all the general style, so acussing it of that it's like complaining that TTGL is over the top.

Episode 1:

It was just "eh", the show kind of knows what it is but it took too long in showing the action and we had too much of the main character just being still and with her cliche life set up, and it ends just when the selling point was going to start. It looks in the next episode we still be in the same place so I hope that means more action (I'm not sure if it will be good or bad, but with this episode we can't say that much about it). But it's not a show that tries to be smart or interesting, just mindless fun (with this premise you can't do anything else) and that's what I'm going to expect. And I found the animation fine and at par with the mindless stupid style of the show, so I have no problem.

Just from reading the premise and watching the PV, I thought this show was going to be retarded. It looks like my instincts were right. So glad I didn't watch this one out of curiosity.

Reactions are diverse, so I think you're better of watching to have an opinion.

Edit: I liked it, the pacing felt quite natural, the seemingly personality charge seemed sudden but still within an expectable range of movement.

All in all, it seems promising.

Last edited:
Episode 1

I usually like when things get out of hand really fast, but this just seemed like a big mess. It wasn't bad, but it leaves a lot to be desired. The reincarnation thing was kinda cool and I like the concept, but the show just didn't really deliver.

Episode 1

Brain-off, enjoying the ride. It was obvious in many ways but so far I actually really like everything but the weapon/combat designs. I hope the next episode will get some good action in.

the show , mainly by the use of colors and just basic absurdity reminds me a lot on that samurai huge bug exterminating show 2 3 seasons ago
might stick for a while to see what kind of weapon Gandhi has, i just hope he doesn't sit there and starve.

episode 1..... looking forward to this, but i'm really biased towards anything Oda based.
i completely loved it! it's a purposefully wrong animation style for both a high school series and an action show. the manically laughter put me over the top, i'm gonna be preaching the joys of this show to all i meet! of course the 3 minute power up speech and transformation sequence when the things were right next to hot popular (lesbian) girl was ridiculous of course, but i don't care.

i'm gonna love this show and hug it and name it george... george nobunagun!

Episode 1
Woah mixed reviews with everyone here!
Hm,I can't say much about the show since there was no plot given out,and if there was I missed it big time.I guess the show wanted to get straight to the action so that's why they didn't explain anything,but the again,there was nothing to explain with the episodes structure.
I prefer the MC Nobunaguns self a bit more than her original attitude and I think the show will also lean on her character development from outcast probably.Seems like episode 2 will continue the fighting and probably explain a plot?I'll have a better idea of the show on the second or third episode.For now I'll just enjoy the ride.

Episode 2:

Really boring and overdone motivational talk at the end, but aside of that a decent one, this time it showed action and even if it's not very good or creative (the effect of the shootings in the enemies are very sloppy) it's entertaining enough and it went to the point, and it was a lot of info-dump but advancing the stupid-but-entertaining plot. The second half was more tiring because of the typical motivational talk, but it wasn't terrible and it's already done so I hope it gets more silly and dynamic from now on.

Episode 2:

The fight was cool but the second half was boring and generic to the core, lets just hope they stick with the battle part from now on.

Episode 2

The machine gun in my soul is powered by yuri. Now I can join dog doo and fight outer space's pokemans!

Back