Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

TheCoffeeGod

[sadht=Puella Magi Madoka Magica]Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica[/sadht][sadhl=3477]mahou-shoujo-madoka-magika[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

biggthumpup.gif

I figured I'd make it now since it starts in a couple days.
Mostly because I wanted to be the one to make the thread for this though. :laugh:

I'm soooo looking forward to this one!

Last edited:
Re: Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica

I am excite. Never thought I'd say that about a magical girl show... then again, it's Shaft so :banana:

yup I'm stoked. Shaft can do no wrong.... unless of course you watch Arcade Gamer Fubuki.... which sucks.

magic girls ....idk i never really got into the genre....i mean i watched all 200 o so eps of sailor moon and the movies .....but i was never moved by it....

yup I'm stoked. Shaft can do no wrong.... unless of course you watch Arcade Gamer Fubuki.... which sucks.
Or Dance in the Vampire Bund.

But hey, when they get it right, they really get it right.

I've never watched a magical girl anime, but I'm gonna give this a shot. I hope its funny.

Really not a fan of the magical girl genre, so despite this being from Shaft, gonna have to skip this.

For the non-magical girl anime fans who look forward to this, what is it that you expect, precisely?

Good shojo-ish fights? Some kind of appeal to a more mature audience?

Sure, ''it's Shaft'', but to me that only means nice, flashy animation and dynamic comedy - and this is not a comedy...

For the non-magical girl anime fans who look forward to this, what is it that you expect, precisely?

Though I'm a magical girl fan, I'll still answer this question...

It boils down to two words for me...

Yuki... Kajiura...

I'm gonna give this one a shot too. I don't really know anything about it though, so I don't have any expectations about how it will be. But it looked interesting enough from the trailers. ^^;

Good shojo-ish fights? Some kind of appeal to a more mature audience?

Sure, ''it's Shaft'', but to me that only means nice, flashy animation and dynamic comedy - and this is not a comedy...

I'm hoping for shaft-esque sarcastic/parody humor with lots of moe. I'll accept mild humor with lots of moe so long as it doesn't take itself too seriously. If that's not what this is I may drop it quickly.

Are you sure it's not a comedy (or at least comedic)? Everywhere I've looked is missing tags.

I don't see how they'd advertise the series during Arakawa if it wasn't funny.

Or Dance in the Vampire Bund.

I liked Dance in the Vampire Bund. I don't remember WHY though... :...:

I'm not expecting a lot. I haven't watched any magical girl shows so I figured I would watch one by a studio I like.
And I expect there to be SOME comedy at the very least. I don't expect magical girls to be srs bizness 24/7. I may be mistaken though.

It kept showing in the middle of Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge so I'll give it a shot, if only for that.

And I expect there to be SOME comedy at the very least. I don't expect magical girls to be srs bizness 24/7. I may be mistaken though.

I thought it was obvious I meant comedy-focused anime, such as Arakawa, Maria Holic or Soredemo - which Madoka is probably not.

I'm basing this guess just on a few commercials displayed at the end of some Fall anime, though. Looking at those it didn't seem a comedy(-focused) show, or a parody.

Of course it would have some comedy, lol.

captaincrunch said:
I don't see how they'd advertise the series during Arakawa if it wasn't funny.

Haha. You see, I actually saw those commercials attached to episodes of Togainu no Chi, and you can trust my word that the only way Togainu could be considered funny is due to its being hilariously awful.

Huh. I have the opposite reaction to most of you. I love mahou shoujo, but loathe SHAFT. The characters designs look like Hidamari Sketch, so I'm vaguely hoping this'll be like that (as I found almost all of the rest of SHAFT's shows irritating).

Air...............you hate Shaft? I actually find their style refreshing compared to the usual run of the mill, but each to their own I guess. You're still a so called "internet fox" in my book, but your hate of Shaft is disconcerting.

I'm going to watch this, and I don't actually care much for the magical girl genre in general. To be fair I haven't really seen many animu in that vein. From what I can tell about this, the manga is going to be produced along side the anime so there's no telling what this is going to be like until it happens. I just hope it's absurd and funny.

wow... you know... that anime is clearly the result of Tim Burton on a week long acid trip.

shaft went into overdrive with this one. that was like watching a freaking acid trip. holy crap. This wasn't shaft being shaft... this was shaft taking much more hardcore drugs then usual... then going wild.

unreal

I don't know what the aim is but it's definitely dark and weird. Definitely NOT a comedy, though there were a few moments that were sorta funny.

Back