Toshokan Sensou

VivisQueen

[sadht=Library War]Toshokan Sensou[/sadht][sadhl=1899]toshokan-sensou[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Anybody watching this? What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, and i think it is very watchable. Strange having gunfights over books but i've seen stranger plots.

Yep, feels a bit like Moyashimon to me, for some reason. Can't quite figure out why, though.

Not too sure how I feel about this anime so far. It's pretty funny, and watchable
like above said. It's like a light snack between meals, or something like that (hope someone gets that metaphor D:)

I planned on watching this one, but it was late on getting subbed and I kinda forgot about it, but Im getting the episodes now. It looks very interesting.

I'm watching the R.O.D TV series right now, and granted I've only seen 1 episode of Library Wars, but it's kind of funny to me how both these series' kind of forget the importance of the internet as far as information goes.

That's a stupid gripe, since forgetting the internet is probably one of the less ridiculous pieces of fantasy in either series. I don't know why I can't get over it.

This series reminds me of Planetes, just with a little more comedy. The animation quality is very good for a TV series. I hope it's not just first episode, as is often the case. I would have liked those blunt "character file" introductions omitted though.

I watched the first three episodes yesterday.This show has some very nice characters to watch.The end of the second episode was kinda unexpected since in most anime these things take seasons to happen.I love the ending song and animation.The plot is weird ,yes, and it is hard to believe it but I am in for the characters and the whole military thing.

I watched the first three episodes yesterday.This show has some very nice characters to watch.The end of the second episode was kinda unexpected since in most anime these things take seasons to happen.I love the ending song and animation.The plot is weird ,yes, and it is hard to believe it but I am in for the characters and the whole military thing.

Think the main relationship will be between the girl and the trainer dojo, just going to have to wait till the end of the season for it to happen lol. Also, the one thing I liked going into it was that it was a military/comedy/romance, one of the reasons why I love FMP so much. But, unlike FMP the military part is pretty much crap.

I was posting with FMP on my mind.Still waiting for a fourth season!LoL
I don't agree the whole military thing is crap.It is just that its hard to believe that a 'war' is raging about books.If it was for information in general it wouldn't be that hard.Also libraries are a state within Japan ? What does the central government support ,libraries or the Media Cleansing thing ? Too many questions...but I hope they will answer all of them in the course of the series.I don't want another Samurai Seven anime.

I was posting with FMP on my mind.Still waiting for a fourth season!LoL
I don't agree the whole military thing is crap.It is just that its hard to believe that a 'war' is raging about books.If it was for information in general it wouldn't be that hard.Also libraries are a state within Japan ? What does the central government support ,libraries or the Media Cleansing thing ? Too many questions...but I hope they will answer all of them in the course of the series.I don't want another Samurai Seven anime.

I can sorta understand the war, but I'm talking more about there tactics and strategies. It is like there playing a game with guns. Fighting a war and there worried about not killing the enemy. Plus, I don't think a single one can aim. But i'm not too worried, because it isn't a pure war show, if it was though, think it'd be in trouble.

Uh, this one makes my brain hurt. They should have made the first episode just entirely on how the war started and the rules, because this is just confusing.

Episode 6, there in the middle of a gunfight, the bad guys fire a warning shot at a kid (who idiotically runs out into the middle of the gunfight because he wants to give carrots to someone?), so Doujou jumps out of cover, runs into the open field, says who fired the shot, then charges them, without a single one shooting at him. Uhh! this one hurts me, no matter how much I want to like it.

Also, why is everyone in japan willing to die to read a book. Theres a gunfight going on, and you just see civilians all hanging around outside the library gate. Why the fuck don't they run? There not shooting paintballs.

Yeah it's just as you said the war-part is pretty much ftd.The should keep this more character-oriented and limit the action to a minimum.

This is a great show. I just love how weird the story line is, and reminds me a lot of the novel Fahrenheit 451 with the story. The atmosphere of the show reminds me a lot of Pumpkin Scissors. Does this show only coverage the first light novel? If it doesn't, will there be a second season?

This was a pretty good series. One of those shows were it doesn't quite know what to be in the beginning , but towards the end it finds out and turns into a great show. Very good ending too, although one thing bugged me.
Who became the chief after the resigned? It doesn't tell us.

This was a pretty good series. One of those shows were it doesn't quite know what to be in the beginning , but towards the end it finds out and turns into a great show. Very good ending too, although one thing bugged me.
Who became the chief after the resigned? It doesn't tell us.
maybe the girl(forgot her name) did?!

Just finished Ep. 2 I am liking the series so far. And the characters a re really enjoyable. It looks like our protagonists seem very similar to Chikai and Nodame in Nodame Cantabile

Uhm, I saw this anime last week. I find that several characters are quite similar to Planetes (and worse than it, of course) like ace said above. I found it quite naive and didn't like it (moreover it has face faults, which I dislike). Anyway the story is indeed weird and unlikely (and too stupid/simple to accept it for imagination).

I just finished ep 3 and so far this series is ending up way better than I thought it would from the synopsis. I agree with Dues the characters are enjoyable which is good for a short 12 ep series like this.

This series was pretty good. I have been meaning to watch it forever now and I'm glade I did. Overall a really good series packed into 12 episodes.

Back