Noein

jethroskull

Noein
(a.k.a. Noein: Mo Hitori no Kimi e)

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I got ep 1 by Shinsen subs, I wonder is someone could tell me what is this series really about? Certainly the first action sequency is cool, and then what? ¿Weird kids (also cowards) on phantom hunting? The drawings are also not conventional. Discuss please.

Last edited by a moderator:
from having seen the first three episodes, i give it high marks all around. i like the animation style and character design, especially when it gets more "sketchy" during high-intensity scenes; music isn't memorable but unintrusive, and i enjoy the juxtaposition of humor and seriousness -- unlike another new series, black cat, it never seems overdone. as for the story, i'm a sucker for these kinds of things: time travel, dimensional rips, alternate realities, self-realization, possible love story forming from childhood friendship.

I've only watched ep 1. and breif infos on the series ive read give a somehwat interesting story to what its going to be. but like previously said its the unique animation thats bringing me in.

So I heard about the animation and decided to give it a shot(can't just watch 20 different shows at all once these days). And I must say, I reall like it. Dunno about the show yet, but the art is pretty nice.

I wouldn't say that the "sketchy action scenes" are original, but they definitely have a uniqueness to them. It kinda helps offset the "perfect looking" cg.

Prisoner1138 said:
So I heard about the animation and decided to give it a shot(can't just watch 20 different shows at all once these days). And I must say, I reall like it. Dunno about the show yet, but the art is pretty nice.

I wouldn't say that the "sketchy action scenes" are original, but they definitely have a uniqueness to them. It kinda helps offset the "perfect looking" cg.

i agree, it's not necessarily "unique," but they are a nice touch.

I like the animation too, but I really like the plot and characters so far. It's different from most of the stuff I've watched and seen out recently. Though I wouldn't mind a tad bit more explanation as to what the heck is going on.

I watched eps 1-5 and i don't remember any anime giving me this kind of vibe since Rahxephon: many WTF? moments, but really developing well in each chapter, cool action and characters, well, i hope great things about it.

does this one finish at 23? or is it really 24 eps like everything says? i have not seen another release for this one in a long time now and it's getting kind of frustrating...

24. The last episode has been out in French for a while now. And someone did a babelfish tl to English based on that, so if you're really desperate... ^^;

seen all off the series now and well its certainly unique and alot of WTF moment defently among my top 5 anime series if you like fuckt up or just plain weird /strange you will love it

hmmm well, im not sure what to think yet. im on episode 13 and there are definite merits to this anime... i just am a little disappointed so far. the animation is awesome, especially the little kids... and the fight scenes... and the back grounds, well thats about everything really so all around good animation :)

the story so far is ok, i especially liked some of the character development early on with the kids, but the possibilities of where this story can go is what has me hooked right now, no pun intended. only time will tell if they can deliver...

I own the first two DVD's and MAN, is it an amazing series.

One of my favorite things is the animation. It's nop notch, unique, and it fits quite nicely.
I like the plot of the story and the characters are great too. It's so packed full of action and emotion. I really love Karasu <3 He's so cool. And even when he doesnt seem human, there's that little part of him that shows he cares.
How he shows love and protectiveness for Haruka, even dispite the differences in dimensions and age.

I do like how it makes you think. But it's one of those series where you have to see every episode and really follow along in it. Or you're screwed.

Setting for Noein

Does anyone know if Noein is set in a real place in Japan? It's a really beautiful place, and I'd like to see pictures of the real city if it exists.

Re: Setting for Noein

Noein is set in the Japanese port city of Hakodate on the northern island of Hokkaido. The animators took great care to recreate a lot of details of Hakodate, its buildings, port and environs look exactly like the actual city.

That from wikipedia.

Re: Setting for Noein

Thanks. I looked over the Wikipedia article, but I didn't look in the Plot Summary section because I haven't finished it and didn't want to give away anything.

Episode 1:

Well, I'm captivated and ready for more. I don't have much to say about the first episode beside that it's interesting and had really cool presentation. Even though the shit ton of stuff that hits at something happened, I'll rather avoid any speculation for now. Although, I have to say that it kind of hints at coming of age story...

It looks amazing. Design is funky and it definitely stands out. Also... that motion... mmm.

^ Apologies for taking a while, Naga.. watched episode 1 and 2 on Monday but didn't have enough time to post properly. Going to watch ep3 and possibly 4 (if I can spare the time) now, my first impression of the series is similar to yours.. it's a little confusing in concept (Dragon torq..?) but the artwork is pretty sweet, and I'm loving the fantasy element.. interesting ^.^

We can slow down to 1 episode a day if you're having difficulties. It's not a problem to fix it when you are good again. I'll probably watch episode 2 today, maybe even ep 3.

Back