AKB0048

Etue

[sadht]AKB0048[/sadht][sadhl]AKB0048[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Initial thoughts:
I enjoyed the first episode more than I thought I would, the show appears pretty dark grapically with the main girls really not fitting in with the grey and brown world they are in, which is kind of what they were going for I can see. Also; all characters have hearts in their eyes and some have heartshaped highlights on their hair, that's just overkill. :smile:

Damn you Okarin!

Episode 1
Wait, was that "No Idols" logo on the nose of the missiles too?

At the very least I plan to keep watching this until I find out what happened to that Chieri girl.
Episode 1
Same, I really was confused as to why they were only with the three of them instead of the four that were shown at the beginning. If she ends up having turned into the big bad I'll just groan, though...

I doubt this anime will be a popular anime to pick up, but at least the first episode showed promise of a very interesting show.

Last edited:
Episode 1
Same, I really was confused as to why they were only with the three of them instead of the four that were shown at the beginning. If she ends up having turned into the big bad I'll just groan, though...

It isn't just that she is missing, but also the fact that they never talk about her that is strange.

It isn't just that she is missing, but also the fact that they never talk about her that is strange.

Indeed, I fully agree on that. Albeit one does not bring up tragedies as such perhaps it is related to such a thing.

This show was like a commercial for the real idol group it's based on. I lasted 3 minutes before I stopped the feed.

Maybe if they based an anime on Baby Metal I would watch it.

Wow...that was complete and utter CRAP. Stupid premise, horrible music, bland and annoying characters, Vocaloid grade CG dancing, characters that have hearts drawn in their hair and on their eyes...no. Hell no. 1 and done.

Wow...that was complete and utter CRAP. Stupid premise, horrible music, bland and annoying characters, Vocaloid grade CG dancing, characters that have hearts drawn in their hair and on their eyes...no. Hell no. 1 and done.

So we'll see you next week? :troll:

Anyway, I need back story to this show. I don't understand an entertainment ban outside of the government trying to take complete control of the people.

Also, I was kinda for the background combat at the concert, but once the idols started fighting, it seemed kind of awkward.

I'll give it a couple of episodes I guess. Everyone needs some moe in my life, right?

The concept of this is horrible and the only reason I tuned in the first episode was simply because it's related to AKB48.

That being said, I did tune in and was very surprised about a couple things.

The art, when being used of the outside world, is actually pretty incredible looking. It really does capture the concept of a police state and of a bleak, unhappy future. Conversely, the main characters are moe'd up the fucking core. The idols who embarked on "entertaining" weren't even built so moe, which is weird since they're FUCKING ANIME IDOLS, they should be making my heart melt with kawaii. I'm done with my random Japanese spam that makes me sound like a retard, fyi.

Anyways, the art is nice for the most part. Th small bits of CGI were a tad abysmal, but they aren't anything that really breaks it (considering most CGI in anime is bad).

The concept of "entertainment" being banned and Idols essentially being revolutionaries is a bizarre concept that's so stupid, that I can't do anything but laugh. Which, in itself, is a reason to watch. It's like those cheesy horror movies, they're incredibly stupid and cheesy, but because of such they're horribly entertaining.

Also, I really freaked out at "Shoujotachi yo" being used in the show. There are very few AKB48 song s I'd say I love, but damn they sold me the show with that.

It's not really that "good," but it's still entertaining and I'll definitely be catching it every week.

This show was like a commercial for the real idol group it's based on. I lasted 3 minutes before I stopped the feed.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be.

Just like how Tiger & Bunny was made as a commercial for the various brands the Heroes were advertising.

Oddly enough, episode two is far more action packed than I expected.

Indeed,

Episode 2 spoilers:
We finally learned who the fourth girl was, she drops her disguise very quickly and for this episode acts like a ice-queen. It seems the whole ''new'' team of idols has been introduced in this episode ( beside the main 4 ) The return of girl 4 was unexpectedly weak, though however the episode was still fairly enjoyable regardless and the visuals were once again pleasing enough. The heart hair and eyes are starting to go unnoticed for me, I hope I can look over them in the future, since it's just a tad too far...

Episode 2
"Once we find her, out the airlock she goes!"
Holy hell, they'll kill a minor because she didn't buy a ticket?

Wait, two of them actually forgot about Chieri? Ah okay, that makes sense, they were only together for one summer, and haven't seen her or spoken to her in any of the years since she went back to her homeworld. Well that wasn't much of a mystery.

Sonata might be the only character in this episode interesting enough to bother with learning her name.

I'm rather liking this show.

The CGI is still terribad.

Them dancing to "Beginner" has me believing that the majority of Koko ni Ita Koto will be used on the soundtrack, lol.

The plot is getting easier to stomach by the episodes. And, I really liked the parts with all the girls fighting the robots.

Also, I was surprised at how they put the cast in battle like they did. I REALLY thought Cherri was gonna die for a second there.

well except for lain i did not care for those other anime...but it is all subjective...one persons trash is another's treasure...

Final ep:
Yay! Cliffhanger ending! Fuck this -.-"
Now I have to wait a year to watch the second season...

Back