Pupa

sortitus

[sadht]Pupa[/sadht][sadhl]pupa[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Based on the poster and synopsis, I was looking forward to this more than anything else this season. Then I looked at who's making it. Maybe it won't be the serious, dark horror I was hoping for.

Well, we could be optimistic and say at least Deen did Higurashi, but that was years ago. Either way, I can't miss a new horror series even if it's most likely going to be terrible.

I read about 4-5 chapters of the manga before giving up on it. It'll be fun to see how DEEN makes it worse.

... That is, if it is actually airing this season. As far as I know there's still no clear-cut date for it to begin, which is weird as heck.

... Oh, and in some other forum I read that these might be short episodes instead of full-length ones. :troll:

well, i can't really see how you can ruin a horror story about little girl eating people but then again you can't underestimate deen.

I read about 4-5 chapters of the manga before giving up on it. It'll be fun to see how DEEN makes it worse.

... That is, if it is actually airing this season. As far as I know there's still no clear-cut date for it to begin, which is weird as heck.

... Oh, and in some other forum I read that these might be short episodes instead of full-length ones. :troll:

Oh good so another Savanna Game. That one still irritates me because other than that I have watched every other high stakes game anime.

As for Pupa, you managed to kill my already very low expectations for it. Ah well, maybe if it does start then shorter episodes would be better as I'd rather not have to sit full length episodes of garbage.

With that said, somehow Deen's hope this season seems to be a funny SHAFT ripoff about bishies with glasses....

They could censor it beyond belief.

Then it may as well be dropped, because without the gore it's nothing worth watching really.

Ah, so it's the weakest form of horror anyway. With Deens usual shit animation I'm not sure they could make the gore all that fun.

Wow, that's quite the weak track record for something like this.

Fits quite nicely I'd say.

Taking a quick look at the list, the best thing Tomomi has done is House of Five Leaves, and even then that show wasn't the best thing under the sun.

Oh good so another Savanna Game. That one still irritates me because other than that I have watched every other high stakes game anime.

Goddamn, now that you reminded me I'm mad again about that not being heard of again. :crying:

Also, yeah Pupa is the weakest kind of horror, and even amongst its kind it's nothing special. You should check out some chapters, it's quite the exercise in amateur writing. =P

They could censor it beyond belief.

Then it may as well be dropped, because without the gore it's nothing worth watching really.
*pft*
If I wanted artful gore I'd just go read Franken Fran again.
Franken Fran, however, has interesting stories, characters and Aesops that may meaningfully challenge your intelligence rather than only gore.

People are overstating how bad the manga is. It's just a gory horror, nothing more, going in expecting more, then being butthurt when it doesn't deliver seems silly to me.

Sounds good.

I do think that a plot like a brother trying to save his sister from her eating disease or whatever could have some psychological themes and a real tragedy like manga instead of just kill kill and kill. But it's all good either way because I love senseless gore anyways ^^

People are overstating how bad the manga is. It's just a gory horror, nothing more, going in expecting more, then being butthurt when it doesn't deliver seems silly to me.

Hey, no need to start with the butthurt talk. The thing is Pupa isn't even good for gore. The level of graphic content is very weak and since everything else about the work is so mediocre it is even less entertaining to see.

Saying a manga is awful doesn't mean people are butthurt just because in this one case you enjoyed it for this or that reason.

Back