Kuroshitsuji

xeiya13

Kuroshitsuji
Alt title: Black Butler

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

:love:guyz!!!! try this one out! it's soooo.... well how can i say it?!...
hmmhhh...... " not-UR-jUz-OrdiNary-aNime..."
:love::laugh:

oh well... it's cute i think...:duck:

Last edited by a moderator:
I absolutely LOVE this series so far, though cute isn't exactly the word I'd use for it hee hee.

I just love the mix of comedy and plots, which are actually quite dark and surprisingly that mix actually works! It has such a beautiful style to it as well :D

:love:guyz!!!! try this one out! it's soooo.... well how can i say it?!...
hmmhhh...... " not-UR-jUz-OrdiNary-aNime..."
:love::laugh:

:smile:oh well... it's cute i think...:smile:

Re: Kuro Shitsuji

lol this anime is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad, but I've seen every episode anyhow. I hear the manga is better as the anime is already in the midst of some fillers.

but I have to say. Sebastian is just about the prettiest character I have ever seen in an anime. That's probably why I watch it. lol

but infairness... all the characters are cute

yet i can't take my eyes off "Sebby" hehehehh...~_~

I love Finny! His wild super strength really comes in handy, and he's so sweet. Although, I do find it weird that the staff is made up of the worst workers ever. How have they not been fired? LOL.

I actually really enjoy this anime, the stories are fairly solid, and the characters work together very nicely. Surprised it isn't generally more well liked.

It wasn't what I expected, but I'm officially addicted. I love the mix between the darker plot and the lighthearted atmosphere that is usually going on. They've balanced it really well so far.

It wasn't what I expected, but I'm officially addicted. I love the mix between the darker plot and the lighthearted atmosphere that is usually going on. They've balanced it really well so far.

Yeah they really have! I think that's what's impressed me most about this series. I'm utterly hooked and can't wait for the next episode to be subbed!

I love this anime. I love it because of Sebastian. Teehee.

wow, going to have to swim upstream here and let it be known that i totally hate this anime. i read a synopsis on it, and thought that it would be pretty cool, but dropped it after a few very predictable "follow the formula" episodes. not to say that i can't enjoy a mindless, predictable, and shallow storyline; i just can't enjoy *this* mindless, predictable, shallow storyline.

I dropped this too at some point. It had some merit to it, but just got way too boring.

Now...I have heard there are 24 episodes...but from what I can tell, there are 22. Can anyone confirm that there are actually 24?

i absolutly love this anime i especially love sebastian!!!!! I think it has a great story line, good animation, and great character development. When i read the description and watched the first episode i was instantly hooked and no other anime did that with me with the exception of Vampire Knight

this show was great for the first 3rd, sucked in the middle, and picked back up again near the end. overall it was decent to great at times imo. Sebastian was pretty much the main selling point of the series. He's such a cool character fighting with silverware and whatnot.
it could have been an excellent short series (13 or 14 episodes) had they cut the fat in the middle.

Last edited:

though sebastian kept that annoying "i'm a devil of a butler" thing going on too much, i was hooked after the first three eps. i can't say i felt much of ciel's suffering - i plan to read the manga to see what it was really he was feeling so vindictive for - but the last few eps redeemed the what was becoming a run-of-the-mill-plus-bishounen-devil anime, and hit me really hard. i actually went in a daze for a day or two trying to come even with it.

i can't say i would watch it over again - or not too soon anyway - but ohh the memory of it will last. how could sebastian?!:crying:

but the music - oh, lacrimosa is heartbreaking. beautiful voices, beautiful song.

The series is basically Hellsing with a facelift, something I'm all for and utterly love it :D
I mean really.
Sebastian = Alucard
Ciel = Integral (replace tea with cigars lol)
Bard = Pip Bernadotte
Jack the Ripper = Rip Van Winkle (the smile :O)
Tanaka = Walter (same occupation even :S)
Probably find more as I keep going. Though I'll at a stretch say Maylene = Seras

Can't comment on the middle cause I'm just starting the anime but I really enjoy it so far.

Major props to the sub translators as well though, puns are usually obscure in English, never mind when translated out of a particularly obscure language and then trying to find an english equivalent. Even the "pro" dubbing studios fail at it. Cowderpie anyone?

I enjoy it too. It's so amusing. Actually, I've started in december but the fansub was so slow that I dropped it. Now, I took up this again and love the insane Grell.

Back