Newly launched design changes

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
We've launched some subtle design changes to the top of the site skin. This is one step of many that we'll be taking to simplify the design of the site and home/entry pages moving forward.

REFRESH YOUR BROWSER IF THE LAYOUT LOOKS MESSED UP, DUE TO CACHING ISSUES, AND IF YOU USE THE JING THEME AS AN IMAGE HAS CHANGED.

oldnewheader.jpg

(that's my horrible red fake arrow, I know, I rule!)

-The box behind the 'sign up' panel has changed from a raised image box with a gradient to a simplistic style - we'll start using this style in various places on the site in the near future as well.

-The sides were removed from the big skin image to make it feel more expansive.

-Changed padding and spacing on the top header image so it takes up less space - also removed the top rounded corners and strip of color to save space

Hope you like it, more changes coming!

Last edited:
I swear, I looked at the top of my page for 5 minutes trying to remember if there were sides to the image before.
I am now less confused :)

Well we have plenty of talented members here.

Maybe you could select a few trusted ones to help you out with graphics.

since the update if i go to this page (New posts)
rXuYt.png
That happens, Didnt happen before, I'm using Google chrome

Its consistent but other pages are fine

as mentioned in bold in the first post, you need to refresh your browser if you see pages like that.

ive now made it caps lock and red to be even more noticable.

I like the change. Before, when I was contemplating making a skin for the site, I thought it was a small banner image. Now with the sides of the "box" removed, it's nearly impossible not to see that it's a much bigger image than just a banner.

in the future, expect that a lot of the image-style styles will change to be more simplistic, like the simple box behind the 'sign up' stuff. we'll roll out the changes slowly so people get used to them without it seeming like a mega v4 upgrade :)

I like it. I'll be honest. I didn't like the Haruhi theme how it was before. I thought the sides made it look bad. It made it look like there was supposed to be a normal rectangular banner, but the banner itself was made accidentally too big. Now that simple change makes it look good.

I thought my computer was messing up, but now I know what's up. Thanks for the nice improvement and my confusion. =P

Back