The donate button is back up!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
I've added the paypal donate button to the bottom of all pages, just underneath the ad. It looks sort of bad right now, but it works for now.

Why should I donate?

Currently the site makes little to no revenue, and anything we do get from the ads is only a fraction of what's being spent on both the monthly server cost, and (far more costly) the development of the site you see now, and full V3. At the moment all of the development costs are coming from the severely depleted savings account of yours truly, with a lot more needed in the future.

Eventually we'll be at a point where ad revenue will cover any costs needed, but right now given we recoded the site from scratch and are still adding a few MAJOR features for full v3 in the next 1-2 months, donations would be greatly, greatly appreciated by your humble leader.

So if you have a few bucks, please consider donating. Odds are I won't have time to respond to each person individually, but anything helps. Your donation will go directly to:

-the monthly server cost (dedicated server, $170 a month)
-development costs (exponentially more than $170 a month) for your favorite or upcoming features, including:
*the manga database
*custom top lists
*enhanced signature options
*ability to mark brand new anime, even if there's no info
*yet another enhanced new design and new profile (coming soon!)
*and a lot more! we have some secret features in store as well.

:love: thanks!

Can you donate by mail?

-Btw - just wondering if you're adding Browsing by Most watched.
That usually helps me find anime the best.

Well Paypal has recently made me able to put money on my account by using my bank account (I don't have a credit card, and I do'nt want one either.). So there's some chance I'll be sending some your way soon, depending on the cost of these last 3 books I need for college >.<

I know one website allows you to donate via amazon.com

Could that also be a an alternate possibility to donate for A-P users who can't/won't/? use PayPal?

sothis you forgot my costs in there add another $100.

P.S. to all the kids using paypal, use your credit card it's MUCH safer and never link your account!

If someone screws you basically paypal can take money out of your account and never return it. But with a CC you can do a cash back and get your money refunded as long as you prove the screwing.

But what if you don't want a credit card / cant afford one with the monthly costs that are connected to it?

i'm not sure of another way right now to donate except paypal, so what i'd say is for those people, you can 'donate' by helping add titles that aren't in the database, or go tell all your friends/anime lovers about the site too! ^_^

But what if you don't want a credit card / cant afford one with the monthly costs that are connected to it?

???

Sorry, I'll be blunt with this. That statement makes no sense what so ever.

There are no charges for purchases as long as you pay your entire bill on time (I mean the entire amount for that month, not the minimum required payment). However, if you do go purchase happy then, yes you can mess yourself up. I've seen it happen to friends and it's not good.

One way to beat that is to put your card away in your secret hiding place out of sight. That way you aren't as tempted to use it all the time. Or learn to be smart with your finances.

Having a credit card is essential nowadays. It establishes a credit history. So, let's say you graduate and want to buy a car or house. You'll need financing or loan from the bank. Bank is going to say nowai because there is no credit history. How do they know you're going to pay on time or pay at all. You can get a loan but the interest rate will be much higher than anything you could get with a credit card.

Other advantages: cash back, points for stuff, etc... I've been using my credit card for almost every single purchase. I was surprised that I had over $17,000 of purchases this year (not a shopping spree, most of these were wise purchases). I have 1% cash back so on new yrs I get $170.00. Don't bother wait air miles it's gay and scam, by the time you build it up they'll expire since they don't carry over.

Build up your credit history because it can follow you to another country. You could kill someone or marry 20 women, but when you enter another country they don't know about it (for a while). But they'll know about your credit history. It's been centralized for most of the G8 countries to prevent terrorism funding etc... We do international checks in our banks.

Lastly, you do get a lot of protection from your credit card. If a product is not what it seems upon receipt of product and you paid in cash, only way to get your money back is thru small claims. But if you used a credit card, you can do a cash back. They credit the money to your card right away while they investigate and do most of the work for you.

Edit: forgot to add that, you can have a max limit imposed on your card for like $100 or $500 or $1000. Try applying for a student card they usually offer discounts on stuff with a limit.

Don't buy their insurance or w/e extra stuff they offer with cards that's a scam too.

I've added the paypal donate button to the bottom of all pages, just underneath the ad. It looks sort of bad right now, but it works for now.

Why should I donate?

Currently the site makes little to no revenue, and anything we do get from the ads is only a fraction of what's being spent on both the monthly server cost, and (far more costly) the development of the site you see now, and full V3. At the moment all of the development costs are coming from the severely depleted savings account of yours truly, with a lot more needed in the future.

Eventually we'll be at a point where ad revenue will cover any costs needed, but right now given we recoded the site from scratch and are still adding a few MAJOR features for full v3 in the next 1-2 months, donations would be greatly, greatly appreciated by your humble leader.

So if you have a few bucks, please consider donating. Odds are I won't have time to respond to each person individually, but anything helps. Your donation will go directly to:

-the monthly server cost (dedicated server, $170 a month)
-development costs (exponentially more than $170 a month) for your favorite or upcoming features, including:
*the manga database
*custom top lists
*enhanced signature options
*ability to mark brand new anime, even if there's no info
*yet another enhanced new design and new profile (coming soon!)
*and a lot more! we have some secret features in store as well.

:love: thanks!

Donation done. :drinking: This is only natural after using/enjoying such a great website. Good luck for the future.

Would love to donate, maybe I am being blind but I don't see the button. I don't see ads at the bottom of the page either... I do have adblock but I don't think I ever redlisted anything here let alone used it at all for about a year now.

The ads come out at the top of the pages, not the bottom, I believe, and the donate button should be on the right side column right below the "user activity" on the main page. It says: "Like This Site? Make A Donation!"

I remember I had trouble finding it a while back too, so it may not just be you.

This is where I see it:
Donate.jpg

Last edited:
Would love to donate, maybe I am being blind but I don't see the button. I don't see ads at the bottom of the page either... I do have adblock but I don't think I ever redlisted anything here let alone used it at all for about a year now.
Well, the thread is about two years old, but if you want to donate (which I'm sure is always very welcome), there's a button on the Users homepage.

it's always very welcome - we're doing projects nonstop (even if i don't do a donation drive) and they all cost $ :)

Well, the thread is about two years old, but if you want to donate (which I'm sure is always very welcome), there's a button on the Users homepage.
haha totally didn't notice it! At least it still exists though! Cheers. (donated just now)

Back