Can't Decide What to Watch Next? Post Here!

Veev hates polls

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Go watch Skip Beat!

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VivisQueen

This is NOT a thread to ask for random anime recommendations. For recommendations, please use the Anime Recommendation Database. :)

However, if you've already got a list of anime you want to watch next but can't decide which one to watch first, then let the next person to post in this thread decide for you! Basically you post a selection of anime and ask them to put them in viewing order OR you can offer a selection and ask the next poster to choose one. Remember, whatever the next poster chooses, you have to stick to it!

What movie should I watch first: 5cm Per Second or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete?

Last edited:
Finally, got this damn thread to work. >_<

As for those movies they both have their upsides. Though it really depends on what type of mood your in whether it be an action fighting mood or a slower down to earth anime.

Looking at your top 5 I would say go for 5cm Per Second first.

Now as for me I have no idea of what to watch next. A few of the anime I'm looking into are: Full Metal Panic!, Xam'd: Lost Memories, Bakuretsu Tenshi, and GANTZ.

Any suggestions on which to watch next?

As for those movies they both have their upsides. Though it really depends on what type of mood your in whether it be an action fighting mood or a slower down to earth anime.

Now as for me I have no idea of what to watch next. A few of the anime I'm looking into are: Full Metal Panic!, Xam'd: Lost Memories, Bakuretsu Tenshi, and GANTZ.

Xam'd. Watch it, love it.

Wow, was that 20 minutes of pure trial and error? It's really odd that this is the first time the issue has come up, considering how loose it was being with the autolinking.

Anyway, I'd say go with FMP if you want something simple, Xam'd if you want something that's generally better but may make your head hurt. (it's one of those shows where they don't really bother to explain anything)

With Xam'd, they don't explain everything, they leave most of it up to the viewer. You have to think when watching Xam'd, but not a lot. It's not like watching Lain, or Paranoia Agent, or any other mind fuck, they just don't baby you.

True, it's not a mindscrew or anything, but there is a definite lack of basic background information on the world it takes place in. It takes a while to get even a vague understanding of it, and since pretty much all you ever have to go on are brief lines/implications/mentions intermixed in conversations about other things, if you miss those particular details or forget them it's even harder. Not that you need to understand everything about the world to more or less know what's going on or to enjoy the series, but it can be kinda annoying.

True, it's not a mindscrew or anything, but there is a definite lack of basic background information on the world it takes place in. It takes a while to get even a vague understanding of it, and since pretty much all you ever have to go on are brief lines/implications/mentions intermixed in conversations about other things, if you miss those particular details or forget them it's even harder. Not that you need to understand everything about the world to more or less know what's going on or to enjoy the series, but it can be kinda annoying.

at the end I wanted to understand certain things like you say about the world they live in, the politics, and certain circumstances. that said it is still an amazing ride that I believe is well worth the ticket price.

You also have to realize the war is not the focal point. Each country is not the focal point. The focus of the story is Akiyuki's journey.

I do realize that -.-' I never said it was a bad anime, I really enjoyed it. Just saying that particular aspect bothered me a bit.

Ok, well, i've seen 8 eps of Soul Eater and either want to continue that, or start Clannad After Story, which should i go with first?

Ok, well, i've seen 8 eps of Soul Eater and either want to continue that, or start Clannad After Story, which should i go with first?

Soul Eater :D

Do I want to watch some more Brigadoon, or go a little less headfuck and get some more Shaman King in?

H.

I haven't seen soul Eater yet, but Clannad After Story is heavy drama :laugh:

I find After Story to be one of the better anime i've watched so far, so I can definately suggest you should watch it. But if you already watched some episodes from soul eater ... finish that one first

Do I want to watch some more Brigadoon, or go a little less headfuck and get some more Shaman King in?

H.

Soul Eater it is, After Story, after :D

Hmmmmm from what i've seen of Shaman King before i dropped it, was not good impressions (around episode 50) some might love it though

From your comments on Brigadoon, they seemed positive and despite not having seen it, i'd say go with that, it's probably alot better than Shaman King

H.

I liked Shaman King for a straight up shounen romp... when I first got heavily into anime I watched it so maybe my memory is clouded. I seem to remember it getting darker and better about halfway through.

I assumed you've already watched Clannad (1st season)? If not I strongly suggest watching that first. After Story is not as good overall but there is some seriously meat in the last 2/3 of the series that kind of makes it worth it.

Soul Eater is retarded but in a fun way.

:baka:

Back