The site will be down for at least a day

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hi guys, once again our hosting company (Serverbeach) has utterly failed us, had a major communication breakdown and are now costing the site a day of downtime. I am very angry right now as this happens every time we do a major server upgrade (something goes wrong, they don't respond quickly, there end up being a lot of problems, etc). I'm sorry, because of this we won't be able to try fixing the server again until tomorrow (as both of us have day jobs and we're already going to get no sleep now).

We kicked off a process this morning to fix things, hoping we can get the site up by tonight.

Will start looking for a new host shortly after.

If we had dislike feature I'm sure this thread would have gotten some thumbs down haha

Just kidding.. Hope everything goes ok!

not your fault your mightiness.... you always do your best and more for all of us ...i wish i could do more....

We kicked off a process this morning to fix things, hoping we can get the site up by tonight.

Will start looking for a new host shortly after.

Don't be a fool, don't you dare sacrifice your sleep baka! Make sure you get your rest. ;)

With my little lecture out of the way, I will say this sucks. This server has been way too problematic lately. It's ridiculous how slow it gets or how it'll crash randomly.

But there isn't much me or the members can say, as we certainly can't fork the cost of a beefier server. >.>;

Back