Cowboy Bebop

lagore

Cowboy Bebop

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

My god, people! Did you realize that there isn't a thread for Cowboy Bebop!?

Well, anyways... this has been one of my favorite series since I first really got into anime. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
O_O

Cowboy Bebop is probably the only uber popular anime that most people don't consider overrated (poor Evangelion)
It really is a well made anime (not to mention some amazing music)
It's a must see for anybody who calls themselves an anime fan imo so if you haven't seen it yet what the heck are you waiting for?

I must say I was not a fan of this anime. I understand why it's liked, but I certainly did not get the same appeal many did. I felt that most episodes were episodic and filler-like, progressing the characters and story much too awkwardly for my taste. I didn't like many of the characters, I either disliked their personalities (in the case of Jett, Julia, and Faye) or was sad that they were so shallow (Ed).

By no means do I think this was a bad anime, but I for one certainly did not enjoy it as most seemed to have.

It was one of the first anime I saw and of course I loved it. Still rewatch it when its on tv...

Hmm, wasn|t impressed too much about it the first time I watched it, but after having rewatched it now after a few zears it went up consideralz in mz rating. Sure, the first 3 episodes are a little slow, but after that the pacing is just fine.
I now even like the episodes that seemed onlz to be fillers in mz valuation, like |Mushroom Hunting|.

SignorRossi.

Arghh, whz is mz kezmap english now__

I liked Bebop but it was slightly average for me, i just didn't think it was anything special and the only character i liked was Spike.

Says the person with H20 and DBZ in there top 5! Shun him! Shun the non-believer!

Lol we all have different tastes :P and i loved them shows (although my top 5 will be changing significantly when i add in Black Lagoon, TTGL and a few others)

Only speakin my mind ;)

Lol i think i touched a nerv there ;)

I dropped this first time I checked it out. And, honestly, a couple of the episodes are plain bad - like that one about goofy environmental terrorists. That combined with the often invasive attitude of the music, and Ed, really turned me off.

Granted at that point I had higher standards. These days I'm more than happy to trawl through a couple of obnoxious, tiresome episodes in the vague hope that it'll get better. Speaking of which:

The only show that I've seen that comes close to this one in rewatchability is Azumanga Daioh.
I'd never rewatch Azumanga Daioh, but that's just me. Bebop, sure.

In the end, though, I eventually gave Bebop another chance and I'm quite glad I did. Sure, it's predictable, style-over-substance, and what-have-you: but it's a lot of fun and superbly executed. All told I've found it to be one of the best and most rewarding anime out there.

:drink:

For al those people that didn't like Bebop, when watching it, did you (and this is key) have your eyes open?

Unfortunately. They are now permanently damaged.

But, in all seriousness, I struggled to get through it. It felt like I was watching on 2 levels, and wasn't finding either that likable.

The first being entertainment level, some of the side stories were certainly interesting, but on the whole, you could expect spike to get into some sort of fight, some people have some issues, they lose the bounty, and the cycle renews. I didn't feel much emotion for the characters other then the main 4 or 5, and even those times for the main characters were sparse (namely, the last 3 episodes).

The second being the "artsy" level, there were a lot of very intriguing aspects of this show, such as the music, style, love story, and character back stories. It gives off a certain feeling very well. Unfortunately, I wasn't very satisfied with that feeling. It was a sort of laid back, western cowboy, traveling carefree feeling. It got really stale, really fast for me, and didn't make for a very thrilling feel. The characters never really seemed in danger, and always just sort of mellowed out back on the ship.

I liked CB but I wouldn't put it in my top 5, ever. Personally I need character development, I need a gripping story and most of all I need an anime that could teach me something along the way, Cowboy Bebop had none. I'm not saying it was a bad anime, far from it, it just could've shined with maybe a few more main story episodes and a few less 'cannon' as it were.

Back