New features: Share on Pinterest, better Twitter updates, new text editor

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hi all,

We've released another small batch of updates:

Pin images on Pinterest

You can now pin images from anime, manga, character and people entries - specifically the main image for the entry (the small version, as well as the big version when you click it). For anime entries, you can pin screenshots as well.

5JLbGNl.png

eMoiVnr.png

We've set up Rich Pin functionality for movies on Anime-Planet as well - I'm not a PInterest user so I'm not sure if it's working correctly, but in theory movies you pin from A-P will have a more interesting section on your board such as Director info and rating.

Updated Twitter sharing

We've updated some things so that Anime-Planet links you share on Twitter will now look more interesting some of the time. I'm not sure of the wizardry involved in when you see these prettier updates (it's sometimes, not always), but still, the new versions are an improvement.

Old version:
svU3RU1.png

New version:
iIX1DOG.png

These updates aren't limited to just Twitter auto-sharing (which you can set up on your Edit Profile page) - if you simply tweet any link for an Anime-Planet anime or manga entry, the result will sometimes look nicer.

We'll get this set up for other types of pages in the future, as well.

Updated text editor

The text editor you use to add your bio, comments, recommendations and other content has finally been updated. The editor is TinyMCE, and the version we were using was... wait for it... about 7 years old @_@. We've updated the software to the current version, which fixed a few issues and also we've been able to more easily update it to fix the following.

sFmgtxJ.png

• Underline now works everywhere, for the first time in a zillion years

• Strikethrough text now works outside of the bio

• That issue where the "I agree" box couldn't be used in Firefox is now fixed

• The editor now looks different visually (due to the software's updated styles), but should work the same as before

We've had to do some special magic to get the conversion to work when you cut and paste into the editor. We technically launched this update a day ago, and noticed that sometimes rogue HTML tags were showing up in people's posts, which we've in theory since fixed. That being said, if starting at the time of this thread, if you've seen HTML tags outputting when you've inputted content somewhere, please let us know so we can fix it.

Thanks as always for your continuing support of Anime-Planet! :love:

Back