Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)

Oehr

[sadht=Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009)]Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (2009)[/sadht][sadhl=2492]the-melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-2009[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

The first ep was great, though it doesnt beat seasons ones first episode :D
The show is already damn great. cant wait for the next ep!

P.S. new thread? or should it be merged with the old one?

EDIT: im confused - reairing s1? yet with other episodes? 28eps overall but still only 8? no next episode sheduled? hu?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2

Eh, that's hard to call given how they're broadcasting it.

I agree, great episode.

It was a good episode but i hate the way they are airing the new episodes lol it seems kind of pointless putting them in between the old ones.

It's good to see Haruhi again... but i thought it's going to be whole new series, not just reair with few more episodes, I'm really disapointed.

Very good episode though ;]

It's good to see Haruhi again... but i thought it's going to be whole new series, not just reair with few more episodes, I'm really disapointed.

Well it is a whole new series but they are airing it with S1 in a strange order

they're airing 14 new episodes.. that's the same length as season 1... they're just airing season 1 and 2 at the same time and in chronological order...

so they're mixed up a bit.

S2 seems to take place within S1. Going to be interesting how they release S2 to dvd.

They're doing it in chronological order is all, last episode happened to fall 8th chronologically, so it was the 8th episode played. At least that's what I've heard...so at this rate I think there will be progressively more new episodes towards the end of airing.

The first ep was good...I was very worried that they wouldn't be able to live up to expectations. Good ol haruhi is back...I might have to kick it out of my #1 slot for being so ridiculous with the marketing for s2 though.....

OMG! Crap, I loose my net for one week and TMOHS S2 airs!? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Gotta watch it ASAP!

great way to make me watch the old show again.
Pretty cool episode, for new
I dig the paradox created, of haruhi now going to North High because of that night 3 years previous.
Think about this though, he has 'slept' with Asahina for 3 full years now :P

Episode list:
01. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part I
02. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part II
03. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part III
04. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part IV
05. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part V
06. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya part VI
07. The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
08. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody part I
09. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody part II

10. Mysterique Sign
11. Endless Eight part I
12. Endless Eight part II

13. Remote Island Syndrome part I
14. Remote Island Syndrome part II
15. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya part I
16. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya part II
17. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya part III
18. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya part IV

19. The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
20. Live Alive
21. The Day of Sagittarius
22. Someday in the Rain
23. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya part I
24. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya part II
25. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya part III
26. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya part IV
27. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya part V
28. The Disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya part VI

Episode was great.I hope some quality fansub group subs the new and old episodes. It would make a rewatch much more easier.

that list isn't accurate.

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, was 1 episode, not 2... the episode they showed last week was the whole of the story in the books. since we know that's the whole story.. that list isn't correct.

All that list is, is an "educated" guess... it's been a rumor that they were doing the book "the disappearance of haruhi suzumiya"... for the last few years... and once it became obvious that they had a 28 ep run on japanese tv (which means 14 new eps) then they started the run in chronological order... it was easy to "create" a fake tv schedule.

all that person did was take the stories from the start of the series that weren't animated, up to the disappearance story (book 4 i think) and filled them in chronologically.

It's a clever fake... but a fake none the less.

it does raise a question though... about what they animated for the 14 new episodes.. most of the unanimated books, you could probably get 4 episodes out of... maybe... maybe as many as 6... but no more...

will they wrap the season with the "disappearance of haruhi suzumiya"? because i don't see how they get 14 new eps out of animating everything that wasn't animated through book 4... they probably will have to animate some stories from later books as well, to get 14 eps out of it.

the new haruhi op song is meh... not bad... not great, but the animation of it is great... i like the "colors" assigned (a little super sentai reference i guess)... lol.

Season 2, Ep 2, "Endless Eight" is out raw ATM. my GF is watching it for the 2nd straight time... I'm refraining... I'll wait for the subs (my experience with bamboo leaf rhapsody has convinced me to do that)

All I've seen is the first episode of S2.. I'm waiting for a sub as well and my golly, that list scares me, it was already enough of a mind game watching the aired version of S1 :laugh: I wonder if this'll take a more serious role this time around, especially with the last 6 episodes.

This is exciting the hell out of me. Last summer I watched the first season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and when this summer started, I decided to do everything I did last summer because I loved it so much. When TMoHS came to mind and I searched for it, season 2 popped up and I freaked out. This is great! :laugh:

I've only watched the first episode so far, but I'm about to watch the second in a bit. What's the episode... "Endless Eight", isn't it?

EDIT: Also, the first episode of the second season tied up some loose ends. Like when Kyon first met Haruhi in the first season, she asked him if she knew him from somewhere. Pretty cool, in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

heh.. finally watched it (endless eight) dubbed...

very cute and pointless... kyon of course takes the show with his hilarious running commentary... my gf.. who's read the books insists this will be a 2 parter, so we get to see the 2nd half next week i guess! new haruhi in back to back weeks. sounds like fun.

the new OP theme really grew on me... i like it.

Blah, Haruhi's ending will never be the same without Hare Hare Yukai. :crying:

Blah, Haruhi's ending will never be the same without Hare Hare Yukai. :crying:

I know :\

Endless 8 was enjoyable enough but I felt like the music didn't match the show at times, which sort of ruined the "Haruhi" feel for me. I didn't enjoy it as much as last episode but I can't complain about more Haruhi! :drink:

Endless Eight was good, but not jaw-dropping. I think I feel the same about the new episodes so far as I did about the old: Good, quality anime, I can understand why other people find it amazing, but it doesn't ring all of my bells. Not sure why.

I did love the OP, though.

Hey guys. I know I'm probably not really supposed to ask this, but does anyone know of a fansub who is subbing this in High Quality (740p, .mkv)? I've been looking forward to Haruchi season 2 for ages now, but I wanted to watch it in a high quality format. I watch all my anime on a 26" HD monitor, so that's why.

Back