You can now 'block user' from leaving you comments

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
given the childish spam of a certain 15 year old idiot recently on the site, i've implemented some functionality that will be useful.

you can now 'block user' on your profile in the comments area - this will block the user from leaving you a comment,and will delete all comments by that user in your profile. while we can implement a ban on spammers as needed,this will provide you an instantaneous way of stopping the spam.

Nice one sothis! And so continues the neverending fight against spammers. But we shall prevail dammit! >.<

we're still ironing out the kinks of banning quickly and disallowing access, but at least this is a quick way users can take power into their own hands.

the lovely german?

Indeed. You. Haha.

To be fair, I can't see comments which have left my profile so I can't technically block him. Sothis able to sort this out for me by any chance? And just in case, I didn't actually mean Oehr.

EDIT: LOLOLOLOL @ Sandbar's sig! Oh Christ that's silly!

question: if you ban someone personally - it only blocks him from writing messages on your site and doesnt delete his/her posts before the ban, right?

deletes the posts too.

this feature was created mostly for the purpose of the spammer that's been showing up, leaving 100 spam msgs, and they need to be cleaned up.

i would like to see and additional popup asking you "delete posts too?" or something like that. glad i didnt test it with vivisqueen >:3

the popup tells you that it will remove posts - you are clearly warned :p

Back