Mai-Otome

Aydan

Mai-Otome

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I've starting to watch the first episodes of the new season,
First up is My-ZHime.

I really liked the first episode, very fun to watch. I also like the personality of the main character she is the bubbly type girl. Most if not all of the characters for My-Hime are back, but one must note that My-ZHime takes place in a different universe, so all the My-Hime characters have different roles. I like this setting/universe a modern/fairytale world. No sight of Mai or Mikoto but they'll probably make appearances as the mystery Hime's. I'm looking forward to seeing Haruka, Nagi and Aoi. Sizuru is so cool and kickass. ^_^ I believe that Yuichi got a level up too. Nice animation, they're also using the same type of music as in My-Hime but its a bit more fairytale like.

Only minor things that I didn't like was in the opening, not the OP, but the scene taken from the bible. A Minor, minor detail, the rest is pretty good, I found it to be a very fun episode to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: My-ZHime

I suspected it at first, and am somewhat reinforced about it now that Mai Hime -> Mai Otome is like a Tenchi Muyo! -> Pretty Sammy transference. ^^b We've got girls changing into battle unifroms with big weapons instead of the summoning weapons and creatures battles here, and the feeling of comparison just reminds me of Tenchi Muyoo! -> Pretty Sammy. ^^b

(for those of you who don't know, Pretty Sammy is a magical girl spin off of Tenchi Muyo, centered on Sasami as the main character)

I would've rather prefered a continuation of the original story but it does look somewhat interesting, though I agree, it may be a spin off though it does have new main characters.

I really like Natsuki's new hair style though, makes her look much older and more beautiful.

It is somewhat awkward to see these characters in different roles though. Eh, we'll see where it goes. The Mai-Otome manga seems similar to the Mai-Hime manga in that it has a very different story line from the anime. Not 100% sure though since I only have chapters 1-10 (minus 4) in raw format.

I believe it they're just talking about Mai-Otome correct me if I'm wrong tho, but ya I'm gonna watch this series as well I did like the 1st season so might as well watch the 2nd season hopefully its not like GSD :P

HellaSueV said:
hopefully its not like GSD :P
Amen to that.

Despite how I may have sounded in my first post, I see potential for this series and like it a bit as well. (I was a Pretty Sammy fan XD )

The name confusion is great. It's currently known as Mai Otome, Mai ZHiME, Mai HiME 2 and Mai Maid, with or without dashes, and wherever one says Mai, someone else says My.

Official web: http://www.my-zhime.net/

For an official name: 舞-乙HiME, but I guess people will make of it what they will.
Take your pick
Anonymous on IIchan said:
乙女(OTOME)= Maiden
乙(otsu)=It is young and lovely.
女(me / onna)=Woman
乙姫(otohime)
Anonymous on IIchan said:
may-hime2 ≒ 乙hime

Rotation180° 2 → 乙

"乙" also has the meaning of second in an old way to count Japan.
first=甲(kou)
second=乙(otsu)
The third=丙(hei)
The fourth=丁(tei)
The fifth=戊(bo)

Of course, there might be a meaning etc. called maiden and Otohime(Princess in palace of the sea goddess castle) as saying previously, too.

There is always this:
1128756610091.jpg

Last edited:

honestly this has dubious written all over it.
1st wtf is up with sailor moon transformations? Shizuru's is pretty neat, but everyone else looks idiotic. also wtf with the cat with a star on the forhead, also sailor moon reference.
2nd Main character is WAAAaY to giddy. Makes me feel like im watching pokemon everytime she speaks, but you also have cool characters like Shizuru and the girl with the wolf from original. ( forgot her name )

Overall, i got a big GSD feeling from it, only here you get it from 1st episode.... >_>

Well, they have the same name.... so.... I guess the cat is....
Mikoto. Mikoto always acted like a cat in My-Hime so... I guess they turned her into the show's pet cat. A big fat cat at that.

maybe she is a werecat? As in, she turns into a cat on a full moon?
Thats soo stupid imo.... >_>

but Kerghan arent you like a cat fan at that? ^^ since your avatar is a cat hybird and ur sig have little cute cat hybirds as well ^^

its Catgirl!!!! not Hybrid.... >_<
plus the whole point of a catgirl is that it is both at the same time. not one or another at different times.
hmm this reminds me... I need a new sig. =D

I am wondering though, it seems from the manga and from what we've seen, most of the HiMEs have remained "HiME"s, except for Natsuki who is now the headmaster of the school (where Mashiro used to be). Any guesses on if Natsuki still retains some of her powers? *prays that she does*

I don't really like how they changed Mashiro's personality though, it is the complete opposite of what it was in the original. Eh, its a judgement call though.

She does... she has the "Otohime" earring and a gold wing emblem.

Last edited:
Back