Witch Hunter Robin

Worosei

Witch Hunter Robin

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations ~ Add Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here; reviews and final impressions should be posted in the Anime Reviews Forum. Post format and full rules can be found here.

I didnt see any discussion thread for this...

dunno if this is the right place to ask, but
how do i get the ending song (that funky instrumental version of Shell) at the end of ep 15.

I really like that version, but i dont think the Witch Hunter Robin sountrack has it on it, and i dont know where to find if Shell was released as a single by Bana, and if that single has that version of the song on it, rather than just a vocal-off track...

also I havent finished the series yet, but im a little confused by the role of witch/witch hunter
I thought that at the beggining they only hunted witches who abused their powers, but now it seems that so long as anyone displays a sign of witch powers they're meant to be hunted? I thought the database was there to monitor witches and to see if they do anything bad... because now it seems that witch hunters all hunt witches and that all witches are meant to be hunted...

Last edited by a moderator:
:'(
meanie, i really like it atm... i think its a little inconsistent atm, but overall i like the series..

I also found out about the guitar version of Shell, its the last song on the second OST
http://www.amazon.com/Witch-Hunter-Robin-Taku-Iwasaki/dp/tracks/B00006S2O7/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

So im happy, the OP song is really quite awesome

So im happy, the OP song is really quite awesome
Yes. Yes it is.

I'll take ur word for it...
Won't take mine? I think it's great.

Right. I may be the only person who thinks that, and I'll concede the show is far from flawless, but I think Robin is one of those accomplished shows whose virtues far outshine its problems.

With likeable characters, a mature, brooding tone, an interesting plot and a visual aesthetic to die for, Witch Hunter Robin is an anime series I strongly recommend.

I dropped it at like episode 15 or something. It was just too generic for me. Kinda meh animation, meh characters, meh episodic stories. I agree that the soundtrack isn't bad at all, though.

I quite liked the show, but it never rose above the level of "just good" for me. As vaondar commented, the aesthetics are fantastic. Great music and animation combine to make excellent atmospheres. What let it down was the characters, which were rather dull, cardboard cutouts that I couldn't bring myself to give a damn about, and a plot that seemed all over the place, with the last few episodes particularly, seeming rushed.

Worosei: It is a pretty good show and I enjoyed it a lot. Was it perfect? Probably not, but if you liked it, then that is all that matters.

I have found in my limited experience that no matter what it is there will always be 10 times the critics with negative opinions as those with positive opinions. It is easier to drag something down after all. ;)

yeah, i actually did enjoy the series, i found a lot of plot points rather incongruous, but it was enjoyable. And i'd still recommend this, but its easy to see why its not for some people...

And yeah its true about negative opinions over positive ones. If i listened to everything people said here, i'd never have watched ergo proxy darker than black, hayate no gotoku or clannad all of which are my favourite animes...

I really like the series, it was the series that brought me back to anime. I hadn't watched any in three years or so when I found Robin, and now I haven't stopped watching it. I liked it for it's "grown up" tone. It wasn't a cheeky romance, nor a show that the main characters did nothing but "power up" for the entirety of the episode, nor did it feature giant mech.. (for the most part I am not a fan of the mech genera, there are a few exceptions though) It showed me that there was more to anime than just that.

its true, there's nothing 'cheesy' even when there are the 'powerups',

For example when Robin gets the glassess, its more of a 'factual' sort of quirk that whilst your innerself screams out in protest you somehow digest it ok...

and then when she 'realises' she is the hidden knowledge of the Craft, and can 'suddenly' see Satre's air attacks, it feels right... its quite bizzare,
Robin had a slight apathetic approach to 'powering up'... i cant remember what she said but i remember it was like, 'oh.. i geddit... hmm...<burns guy to ash>... so... guys...sup? <passes out>'

I too enjoyed this show. My brother and I both got this one many moons ago and we both enjoyed it.

Personally, I found Witch Hunter Robin an enjoyable show. It has numerous flaws, some of which have already been mentioned (rather uneven pacing, shallow characters) but the atmosphere, original style and fairly likable (in spite of their shallowness) characters made me enjoy the show enough to finish it.

yeah, at least it wasnt a truly annoying ending. As i kinda discussed earlier, the last scene gives you something to postulate on...

I wish there was a witch hunter robin manga to go on with though

i watch the show over the space of about 4 days just after watching ghost inthe shell sac and sac2 ,and i really enjoyed it
i really felt for robin and the guys at times and the over all plot was kinda interesting!
use a thing to catch a thing (weather that thing is a witch ,criminal or a junkie ect) in the real world many ppl/organizations do exactly that and hate having to do it !

but yeah i really liked it and would recommend it

Episode 1:

Nice OP.

It was an okay start. We're shown the witch hunter agency and the important characters along with the general gist of the plot. I don't really have much to say as it was just that, the usual setting presentation in most shows, from this point onwards it can get very good, bad or just meh.

I was expecting a somewhat darker tone, maybe because this is from Ergo Proxy's director too.

I like it that the ''witches'' are men as well.

Episode 1:
I thought it was a decent first episode. It was a little generic but competently done. To me Robin looks older than 15, when I first saw her I thought she was closer to Re-l age 19. None of the character stood out as particularly interesting, but I liked Robin's fire magic.

One thing that stuck out as strange is when they went into the warehouse they ran right through the sand circle trap. These guys are supposed to be professionals and yet they didn't recognize a pretty obvious trap, even if they didn't know it was a trap they should have been a bit more cautious.

I did like the OP though.

Episode 2:
Boring episode that didn't really tell us anything new about witches or the organization. Robin's character is very flat and uninteresting so far. From the episode's title addicted to magic I would think they could have made the story much more interesting and darker, instead it was generic and dull.

Also they were bitching at Emon for shooting a few extra bullets in the first episode so I don't see why they don't get on Robin for setting shit on fire all the time. Robin didn't seem to do anything useful during the fight all she did was set the chapel on fire while everyone else did the work. It looked like they stuck the guy they captured in some kind of coffin, I think I'd rather deal with the judical system than have the organization take me into custody.

Back