Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

Aydan

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Alt title: Seirei no Moribito

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

---​

Oh my, the visuals are so beautiful I could cry. The opening says it all, it gives a good overview. It looks like it is going to depend in its own strengths, without the aid of cheap service (low angle shots). It might appeal to only a few select fans because of this, mostly the GITS type fans, who like mature characters. Hey, it's not a moe or cute anime. It just tells a story while trying to be as close to reality as an anime can come or for lack of better words, it look like something you would expect from studio Ghibli. The setting is most definitely not Japan, more main land Asia, like China/Korea/Tibet.

The anime is being produced by Production IG (which is a big plus in my book) and it's being directed by Kenji Kamiyama (who did GITS). So that's why I thought it kinda had the same feel as GITS.

I almost cried when I saw the main character, at last, a female fighter who is NOT half naked or cute and she acts her age. T_T it's been so long. A spear fighter simple and clear, no bouncy, bouncy, my pantsu are showing. She does have a manly voice, well kinda, but I’m ok with that.

Oh, this one gets very high marks in my book. I just hope the story holds up and they keep the quality as high as it is in the first episode.

ps: trying to take screenshots, but it doesn't seem to work T_T

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Seirei no Maribito

Right, right, if a mod can change the title of the thread I'll be happy.

Re: Seirei no Maribito

of the new shows this season (excluding possibly dennou coil, which hasn't aired yet), seirei definitely has the most potential. the first episode showcases an amazing attention to detail not usually seen in anime, along with extremely strong characterization, a great soundtrack (excluding the OP/ED songs), and amazing production values.

if seirei delivers on the promise of the first episode, it'll be a very strong contender for series of the year.

if someone could help m e add that would be great. i would need screenshots tho :)

I can after the series reaches ep5 or so, just so I can get a better sense of the anime adaptation. Oh right, I said I'll help you add Ergo Proxy too... x_x hmm

JEEEEESUS! Look at the animation on this baby!

Well impressed. Story at the mo seems very basic - but then I've literally just watched the first episode. However, we have an original character in Balsa, and I can't wait to see what they do with that. It's interesting because she's not bubbly and high-pitched, nor is she some sex vixen, nor is she the silent killer type. PLUS she's 30, which makes her older than the usual dish we're served. She's simply intelligent, has a sense of humour, well-rounded and damned skilled. Normal yet awesome.

I just hope the storyline itself hots up quick. For some reason it's reminding me of Seven Samurai, and that one didn't go well at all.

Episode 2 was brilliant. I love the natural-ness of all the acting and animation. But damnit, what a cliff-hanger!

runpsi: no worries on ergo proxy, i'm at episode 19 and can add it once i'm done :)

Episode 3: *ORGASM* *ORGASM* *ORGASM*

Did you see it? Did you see the fighting? Did you? Did you? Did you see the fighting?! OH MY GOD! Balsa RULES!

Me too. So many good ones. Seirei no Moribito took me quite by surprise because I thought the story seemed a bit generic. But there's something special about Balsa. She's got a spark, a kind of star quality to her personality that I've never seen in animation before. Like, she could be quite real. She's... well rounded. And when you combine that with that kind of action, I mean my God.

This show is definitly something interesting to be following :P I guess its mainly because of the main character and how she will have to fend of most of the enemies by herself to defend the kid ^^

Hmm, I have to admit I really like that CGI (can't wait for BD release for this one)...

Well, I hope there will be some funky animal transforming stuff (phear the furry ^_~). I would prefer shapeshifting, but oh well.

Back