Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

Masakari

Grumpy Twenty-something Old Timer
[sadht=Gundam SEED Destiny, Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny, Gundam SEED 2]Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny[/sadht][sadhl=784]mobile-suit-gundam-seed-destiny[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

According to reports from ANN, the sequel to Gundam Seed, entitled Gundam Seed Destiny, will start airing on Japanese TV in October, when Full Metal Alchemist ends (which, if I'm counting right, should air its last episode on the last week of September).

Gundam Seed Destiny is supposed to take place two years after the war, but there aren't a lot of details on the plot yet. ANN also has a picture of GSD's new Gundam, the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam, along with a few pictures of major characters in what looks like a scan from Newtype:

Last edited by a moderator:
oh boy, i hope you all are ready for my gundam fanboy attack, because otherwise you will be forced to kill me...or ban me :sweat:

I dunno, I was never all that impressed with GSeed, but lots of people seemed to like it. It had nice battles and some good character conflicts set up, but seemed awfully slow and repetitive to me. It didnt help that by the time any decent groups got to the episodes where it was starting to get interesting (the 30s), Bandai made the reputable groups stop subbing it, so currently if you want to watch past that point, you have to watch AJ subs or A-Kingdom subs which at that point really weren't that much better. However, unless you're willing to wait for the DVD rips to start coming out, that's likely as good as you're getting...

Wow, that's one generic looking gundam. I mean sure, the main hero has to have the white, red, blue, and yellow gundam, but come on.

granted i like naruto dbz and yu yu hakusho, i dont understand why people like gundam... it annoys the hell out of me.

Rubicon said:
granted i like naruto dbz and yu yu hakusho, i dont understand why people like gundam... it annoys the hell out of me.

gundam seed had far more depth then DBZ and yu yu hakusho combined :!!:

gundam seed had far more depth then DBZ and yu yu hakusho combined

U're wrong!
Since 0+0=0, U are claiming that Seed completly lacks depth!
This also states that Seed has equal depth 2 DBZ and yu yu hakusho, since 0=0.

This I base on absolutley nothing :smile:

lol to the previous post...

anyways

can't wait for GS2 to come out

yes i'm looking foward to it...

lol to the pointless talk

I don't get why people don't like generic gundams to START the story. Save the ultimate weapons until later. You know the main character won't be inside Impulse's cockpit when episode 40 of Seed Destiny airs. And right now, we don't even know the specs or specialties of Impulse.

You want details?

Here's what I found from Gunota Headlines:

Info and scans come from the ongoing Seed Netbare thread on 2ch. A new clear scan of the characters and Impulse can be seen right here.

C.E. 73. 2 years have gone by since the war ended. Gilbert Durandal leads ZAFT after the death of Patrick Zala. An Orb-born Coordinator, Shin Asuka, becomes the newest topgun of ZAFT after Athrun's departure. His eyes reflects sorrow perhaps because he is lonely and lost his family. He himself represents the "War's Tragedy". Why did he join ZAFT and participate in the battlefield? Revenge? A mission? No one knows. Meanwhile, Athrun is part of Orb and right beside Cagalli. He worries both about the heavy burden of protecting Cagalli and the feeling to do something about the world.

One who joined ZAFT and one who left. The story begins when the two cross.

Shin Asuka - Protagonist. A Coordinator born in Orb. After losing his parents and younger sister during the Orb invasion of C.E. 71, he moved to PLANT and enlisted in ZAFT. Durandal finds him and he becomes a pilot of the Impulse Gundam. Very talented 16-year-old pilot. Wears the red uniform meaning he belonged in the top class of his military cadet school.

Lunamaria Hawk - A crew member of the battleship Minerva, which becomes the mothership of the Impulse. Wears the red uniform, elite pilot uniform identical to Shin's.

Athrun Zala - Now 18-years-old. Retired from ZAFT and defected to Orb. Doesn't use his real name, going by a pseudonym instead and serves as Cagalli's personal bodyguard. He was able to make acquaintance with Shin and others when he attended the secret conference between Cagalli and Durandal at PLANT.

Gilbert Durandal - After signing the Treaty of Junius (the Armistice Treaty) as the successor of the Temporary Council, he becomes the Supreme Chairman of the Council. He pushes forward with Clyne's political ideals and is deeply trusted by the common people. Currently seeking reconciliation with the Naturals.

ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam - ZAFT's newest Gundam. Relies on batteries instead of nuclear power. Since its energy can be replenished from a long distance by its mothership, the PS (Phase Shift) armor can operate a lot longer. The cockpit area can transformed into a fighter called the Core Splender. The Impulse can be broken up into 3 separate units. Like the Strike Gundam, the Impulse can be further equipped with 3 different packs (or mode). It is called the Force Impulse Gundam (ZGMF-X56S/α) when it's in the aile-mode. Additionally, the backpack systems are referred to as "Silhouettes", with the one pictured known as the "Force Silhouette".

Enjoy,
-Knight

Vic_Viper said:
lol to the pointless talk

I don't get why people don't like generic gundams to START the story. Save the ultimate weapons until later. You know the main character won't be inside Impulse's cockpit when episode 40 of Seed Destiny airs. And right now, we don't even know the specs or specialties of Impulse.

Because i don't want to see a gundam that looks like a stereotypical gundam from any other series for 30 episodes. I'm not saying that it has to be some uber turbo gundam looking thing, but there's nothing original looking about it at all. Considering that this already takes place after the first gundam seed, i was expecting the first ones in the show to have looked a little "evolved" compared to the ones from the first show. Instead it's like a volkswagen.

@Prisoner1138

maybe you could review Z-Gundam, which took place 7 years after the first Gundam. Gundam Mk-II obviously doesn't look too much different than RX-78, nor in any way special. Weapon wise they had the same thing too - beam rifle, bazooka, and beam saber. But we all know MkII is much greater spec wise. Like I said, you don't even know what Impulse is capable of. I suppose you're expecting something like Wing Gundam or Gundam X, but personally a Gundam looking like an Angel - kinda not fitting for a military weapon if you ask me.

Besides, it's the story about the person inside the cockpit, not the mech.

I was kind of hoping you guys could also talk about the characters (AHEM girl)

I thought Shin Asuka was Kira when I first sa the art..horray for diversity. Will be confusing if kira and shin are ever in the same room in the show..

Vic_Viper said:
@Prisoner1138

maybe you could review Z-Gundam, which took place 7 years after the first Gundam. Gundam Mk-II obviously doesn't look too much different than RX-78, nor in any way special. Weapon wise they had the same thing too - beam rifle, bazooka, and beam saber. But we all know MkII is much greater spec wise. Like I said, you don't even know what Impulse is capable of. I suppose you're expecting something like Wing Gundam or Gundam X, but personally a Gundam looking like an Angel - kinda not fitting for a military weapon if you ask me.

Besides, it's the story about the person inside the cockpit, not the mech.

I was kind of hoping you guys could also talk about the characters (AHEM girl)

That's still not what i'm talking about. And no, i'm not saying it has to look like something out of gundam wing. I'm saying that whoever designed that particular gundam either intentionally made it generic as possible, or has no imagination at all. The only reason why i even know that one is from this show is because that's what it's labeled as. As big a role as gundams play in the show, they're pretty much characters. Characters shouldn't be looking alike, so there's no reason gundams should either.

Back