[QUESTION] anime feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first glance, I didn't realize how big the problem is...
I don't know if it is a minor or a major issue...
Here are the facts :

Apparently the problem appeared on July the 16th between 8 h 30 AM and 11 h AM (at least for the Princess Tutu entry).

Since then there are something like 13 pages of feed entries for the last 2 days.

If your look closely, the feeds began in February 2013 (page 167 ie last page) and the feeds for February 2014 are around page 50.
So, if you round counts there are something like 120 feed pages for a year.
This gives something like 3 days feed for one page.

The comparison is easier this way :
before : 1 day = 0.333 page
now : 1 day = 7.5 pages

There definitely is a problem here.
The weird part is that many entries seems to be duplicates (same user, same event, same date, same time).
I have seen something like 20 or 30 times the same entry...

I don't now if this is a bug or not but considering the feed rate increase ratio, I thought that I should bring this to your attention.

Regards,
M

I don't see 1 day = 7.5 pages. But the feed system has gone through a couple of different updates and iterations up to now. That is probably why when you go to the last page:
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/princess-tutu/feed?entry_type=anime&page=167

The formating is different than the first:
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/princess-tutu/feed?entry_type=anime&page=1

The data was probably not parsing the same. Is this a bug? Not sure if it is a bug, or more a relic of the former problems that were caused by the feature.

I don't see 1 day = 7.5 pages. But the feed system has gone through a couple of different updates and iterations up to now.

Well, it seems that the traffic is back to normal, but when I opened this thread there was a problem. Now that the pages are shifted, you can get an idea of the problem by looking at what happened to different users on pages 25 to 38 :
many entries that definitely look like duplicate entries.

there's something duplicating the feed items when importing - we have an internal bug filed so im moving this to the finished section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back