Amagami SS

Bakumatsu

[sadht]Amagami SS[/sadht][sadhl=3101]amagami-ss[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Thoughts?
Comments?
Rate?

I saw this new anime on the site I use and was like "OOH YEAH I MAKE NEW THREAD!" :smile:

I'll post/edit this thread after I watch this episode/while I watch it. x]

Episode 1;
Well, the start of it makes it seem like a really sad anime, let's keep going...
The OP didn't hit me as anything amazing... it was kinda boring so I skipped the ending of it.

So basically... it goes on with this random girl who we have no idea who she is fixing her hair, then running down stairs to seem to talk to somebody, but is REALLY talking to themselves.. they say the name "nii nii" which is a first for me in an anime, and start to run up the stairs again then you get sucked into a space void of a guy obsessing over a girl who didn't show up for his date 2 YEARS AGO.
So now you're led on to the main character [I assume] being emo.. which is alright with me, I can relate.. and his sister waking him up while holding in he pee.
I REALLY like the closet idea.. it's amazing.

How come in some anime.. people are massive perverts? lol... is their no internet in anime?!? >.<

Walking up the hill to class and they see the "popular girl" and he's like "SHES AMAZING, ect ect... after obsession over a date he got stood up on two years ago?.. MAKE UP YOUR MIND!! (Maybe she stood him up?)
Woop, another girl he is checking out... leads me to believe this anime will be a huge story of this one kid getting popular with the ladies.
Woop, another one at the bread counter.. is it just me, or something?
Does anyone else find it completely strange that they eat BREAD for lunch in so many animes?
Oh my, another girl... wish I was this popular. -.- [Actually, this is the "Popular girl" but she is checking him out!]
Another one... "Annoyed at his popularity"
Look, another girl...
So so far we've met 5? 6? girls.. and 1 guy other then the main character.
Sexist anime -.-'
We have a name!!! Tachibana Junichi!

LOL, so basically.. he see's this girl who's the idol of the school, it's pretty much love at first site, then he tells her how he feels after she "teased/lead him on" and she was like "NO DEAL!"
Oh man, that sucks.
Then he goes home and crawls back into the closet he came outta!

Id rate it so far 4/5, the plot is a little off at times but it is just the first episode, maybe we'll get filled in more as it goes on..

In the future I will try to make my posts shorter, lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very impressed by it. I have a feeling it will be structured similar to Bakemonogatari. And it has some of my fav voice actresses thrown in the mix :D

Anyways, I have a really good felling about this one.

Ohh I so do hate you >.< Glory stealer... ANYWHO!

Episode 1

I enjoyed this thoroughly from start to finish. Kaoru is win, she is officially a part of my harem now. The girls are really cute overall and I liked the subtle humor that was tacked on. I could careless for the Nii-nii calling from Miya but other then that, a solid first episode and a sticker for me to stick with it for the rest of the season. Thus far, the best first ep of the summer season.

Ah I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy this series. Junichi's closet is awesome lol. Pretty much all of the girls are cute, but I think Rihoko may become my fav (even though she only had a couple lines)

And I wasn't sure what was going on at first during that game of leapfrog XD

I posted my "thoughts" on my first post, haha!
Feel free to check them out, I should really sum things up more. x]

I thought Amagami was really well done! When it first started I was almost ready to cry, it was so sad. Then, only a few minutes later, not even, I was giggling at the sarcasm and inside jokes. I really feel like this anime is going to keep me on my toes :D

Haha Bakumatsu I see what you're saying. I guess the anime is based on a dating sim called Amagami so that would explain all of da ladies (Junichi has got it goin on. Freal.)
Junichi left for space after being turned down lol (she likes older men...?). And I know one of the main girls hasn't been introduced yet. They show her for a second standing by the pool. So there's like 6 main girls... Lucky man, Junichi-kun

Yeah, I think it'll turn out to be an alright anime... I will indeed keep watching it, because once I start something I like to finish no matter how long it'll take me... unless it is utterly stupid, then I ditch it.
Anyway, I'll check in tomorrow sometime, it's bedtime for me, peace all!

I get the feeling he loses at rock paper scissors alot.

From the first episode I think it's going to be good.

First episode was okay. I would've preferred a stronger male lead, but he's better than most of them in that he's actually trying to get out of his slump. Looking forward to more.

Good first episode. The male lead seems kind of weak to me.
To still be mopping about after something that happened two years ago is just plain weak
Hoping to see him develop more in the future.

Good first episode. The male lead seems kind of weak to me.
To still be mopping about after something that happened two years ago is just plain weak
Hoping to see him develop more in the future.
To be fair, at that age an event like that can kinda screw you up. Which makes it even more sad that
he got rejected the very first time he got enough balls to ask someone else again, though I'm sure there's more to the story.

To be fair, at that age an event like that can kinda screw you up. Which makes it even more sad that
he got rejected the very first time he got enough balls to ask someone else again, though I'm sure there's more to the story.

I hope there is more to the story..
I mean to sum up the first episode.. he obsessed over this one girl who stood him up for two years, he went to school... fell in love at first sight, most likely just to have somebody to fill that void, then he got turned down so he crawled back into the closest he came outta, maybe he should just go gay.. then he will TRULY "Come outta the closest" wahahaaaa

Weak male lead? In terms of anime, he is relatively strong. He can talk comfortably with any girl on the show, and
This guy confesses to the girl he likes in the first episode. Though he was shy to her at first, it only took half an episode to get over the shyness. In other shows, it takes the guy the whole series to confess.

I like the animation in the show, especially the locations. This guy's house is pretty detailed on the inside. It actually feels like a modern house. It's not boring like a lot of animes'. I don't know. I get this feeling that the school is big. It feels like there are a lot of people there, and there are many halls. In other animes, it just seemed like the character's class was the only class. They're doing a pretty good job with the atmosphere even though it is just a slice-of-life show IMO.

I really liked the first episode.

I feel like this anime will be similar to Kimikiss Pure Rouge.

The animation is very good in my opinion. The characters are really well drawn, the enviroment is detailed too.
I expected a bunch of girls and I was correct, this is an adaptation of a galge after all. The story looks promising. There are many possibilites because of the number of the girls, the formation of a love polygon is likely. I was quite surprised that the male lead confessed his love and got rejected right away :D (btw that girl is smokin!).

Back