Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo

Episode 1:

I'm placing my bet that the rest of the anime will not be as on the edge and drama filled as this episode. That said I didn't hate it but knowing that it leads to skimpily dressed women flying mecha is rather...

Well there was another anime like this and that didn't exactly hold much to garner any faith in this. The fact that I am mostly disinterested in Mecha anime is probably not helping.

If this turns into a pointless ecchi fest the first episode will forever weight heavily on my mind. Looking at the score on AP also makes me think people don't actually feel fooled by this obvious drama and very awkward writing around plotholes.

I remember seeing the PV for this and thinking "wow, cool" for the first few seconds, then "meh" during the rest. Probably won't watch.

I was going to watch this because mechs plus dragons sounded interesting but then Tents told me to look closer at the cover image.

That was the end of my interest.

Obviously Taek, you watched, fanservice, fanservice, a dumbass protagonist, cliche cartoonish discrimination bullshit, cringey dialogue and of course the best part, the "physical" inspection where someone probably got violated up the ass. That whole scene was so gratuitous and rape fantasy like that I feel so fucking offended right now.

Fuck this nonsense.

Obviously Taek, you watched, fanservice, fanservice, a dumbass protagonist, cliche cartoonish discrimination bullshit, cringey dialogue and of course the best part, the "physical" inspection where someone probably got violated up the ass. That whole scene was so gratuitous and rape fantasy like that I feel so fucking offended right now.

Fuck this nonsense.

That last scene made me sick. Even without the fanservice the episode was full of shitty exposition and some completely idiotic storytelling.

Why did we need to see her panties through her nightgown? Why did we need the close ups on the thong on the battle suit? Why does this exist?

Oh, and apparently the anal rape is never brought up again in later episodes according to some people who've seen a pre-screening or whatever it was.
The character goes back to being exactly like before, and nothing happened.

I'm not convinced it was just anal. And I say that without any humour implied at all.

I'm not convinced it was just anal. And I say that without any humour implied at all.

Yet I am laughing, Smiling and grinning (in utter disgust at that scene)

There is no use for my mind in this world anyway, nothing was lost.

That episode has utterly upset me. Not to mention how quickly they went from a naked woman groping another woman to a violated Ange in a span of a second. Besides you see blood out of all the wrong places.

I need a hug.

Episode 1:

At first, I had just hoped that this was just gonna be less sucky than Sidonia, but that vain hope was shot down in flames in one episode.

Pro tip: if you want me to actually believe that you want to portray rape and systematic abuse of power in a negative light, don't put it in your ecchi "Freezing meets Nanoha StrikerS but with mechabikes" turd of an anime, and don't have it in the middle of your superecchi ending. Fuck me, this was horrible. Up until the prison scene, this was just a tedious watch, but now I am actually enraged. That was some real Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS kind of horribleness (at least I think so, since I haven't watched it).

Seriously, they could just have showed the body search to be dehumanizing and degrading in other ways, like most other prison media does, but noooooo, gotta have rape for the knuckledraggers out there.

Seriously, shit like this is why I generally don't tell people that I am into anime.

There were other things in this anime that I could write about as well, but seriously, who cares?

Last edited:
Episode 1:

This is a foul and disgusting piece of shit.
I could complain about the rushed set up full of sloppy exposition. I could explain the half assed social commentary they are going for with taking the normas away. I could point out the pedo brother seizing power like that makes no sense or the billion of other things that this episode did wrong. The horrible dialogue and bad writing, but fuck that.

This piece of shit was all built up to for the shock at the end. To see the princess humiliated and dehumanized. Just violently stripping her was enough, but the rape is stepping it to the next level. It is crass and tasteless and doesn't add anything to the anime but shock value. To see her completely violated right next to the fanservice shots while she bleeds from her butt really did turn my stomach and sends a mixed message. I'm obviously supposed to be shocked, but then I am immediately supposed to titillated right after and it is absolutely disgusting and degrading .

This anime is a burning pile of offensive shit.

Haha, I don't think I'll be watching any more of this. I only picked up the first episode because of Tents' trauma from it and I have a morbid curiosity.

So first off, ignoring the crappy fight and sports match, Angelise is a trans-humanist fascist who believes under-evolved humans are scum. I don't quite get where Norma are stigmatized except for them not possessing magic or being weak in it. Just seems like a religiously fanatic nation full of lunatics.

And yeah, that ending...

To hell with this anime.

wtf.

Normally I'll just skip through the first episode of a show before I actually watch it, so I have an idea of what I'm actually going to be watching rather than trying to rely on a paragraph from a website. So I'm skipping though scenes, not impressed(planning on not bothering to even watch this at all), then get to the end and WTF. First thing I think is "did someone splice some hentai into this as some lame troll attempt?" nope. If you want to make a hentai anal rape with a screwdriver show, then make that, but ffs don't just randomly and unnecessarily toss that into something else.

Like HasseRovdjur said, crap like this is why it's almost embarrassing to tell people that I watch anime.

What's sad is someone probably thought that was mature story telling. To show the princess torn down to her lowest point in detail. It's not mature though, it's exploitative and just there for shock value. Then you combine it with ecchi fanservice minute later and it gets plain toxic.

Back