Dragon Ball Z

gboichris

[sadht]Dragon Ball Z[/sadht][sadhl=140]dragon-ball-z[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Number 12
MouthBlast.gif

12. Dodoria Chase
Episode-36.Escape from Dodoria
Summary-Dodoria is about to kill poor little Dende, until Gohan jumped in and knocked Dodoria through a namek house. Then Gohan and Krillin take Dende and fly off only to be chased by Dodoria. Soon Krillin uses the Solar Flare technique so they can get away.
Why is it Memorable-It shows the growth of courage Gohan compared to the fight with the Saiyans when he was afraid to take action. Also from this moment forward Gohan wasn't afraid of no one.
Number 11
buuk.jpg

11.Buu's Hunger
Episode-245.Feeding Frenzy
Summary-After escaping from the hyperbolic time chamber, Buu turned everyone on the lookout(including Chi Chi, Bulma, Mr. Popo and etc.)into chocolate candy and ate them.
Why is it Memorable-This is a very gruesome scene that shows that no one is safe. It's so painful that it's kind of hard to forget.
Number 10
180px-Porunga.jpg

10.Calling Porunga
Episode-61.Password is Porunga
Summary-Dende came back to give Gohan and Krillin the password to summon the dragon while Frieza and Vegeta were not around.
Why is it Memorable-This was the first time Porunga was shown. The way the whole scene went was sneaky and deceiving as Gohan and Krillin did it all behind Vegeta's back. Also the look on Freiza's face was hilarious.
Number 9
gove.jpg

9.Saiyan's Team Up
Episode-260.Visions of Deadly
Summary-While inside Buu's body Goku and Vegeta finally put all their differences aside when Buu finds out they're still alive inside of him. The two saiyans team up and put a blast together to destroy Buu although it doesn't work, but come on them two actually teaming up.
Why is it Memorable-Look above...need I say more.
Number 8
2630079.jpg

8.Gohan's Return
Episode-85.Gohan Returns
Summary-After thinking Goku's dead Gohan tells Bulma to head out without him because he wasn't leaving without his dad. He returns to the fight to fight Frieza or at least stall him until the planet blows up. Soon Goku comes from out of the water and tells Gohan to leave.
Why is it Memorable-Just like I said before the growth of courage Gohan goes through while on Namek. This is the greatest example of that.
Number 7
Piccolo%20death.jpg

7.Piccolo's Sacrifice
Episode-20.Time's Up!
Summary-Piccolo sacrifice his life to save Gohan from Nappa's attack.
Why is it Memorable-The main Villain of Dragon Ball actually atoned for all his wrong doings and gave up his life for Gohan. Very emotional scene.
Number 6
1147652.jpg

6.Vegita in Tears
Episode-71.The End of Vegeta
Summary-Right before he die Vegeta tells Goku that it really was Frieza who destroyed planet Namek and that he was reponsible for why he became so evil. It seems Frieza made him into a ruthless villain;another very emotional scene.
Why is it Memorable-Come on Vegeta crying...what else is there to say.
Number 5
175-49.jpg

5.Gohan Kills Cell
Episode
-176.Saving The Earth
Summary-After Goku gave up his own life and everything, Cell was still alive. That's when a final battle emerged with Goku guiding Gohan to destroying Cell for good.
Why is it Memorable-A emotional father and son scene...nuff said. Also the fact that the second biggest villain of DBZ finally defeated...wouldn't that be memorable.
Number 4
DeathBall.gif

4.He Just Wouldn't Give Up
Episode-89.Frieza Defeated!!
Summary-After giving Frieza some of his energy Goku let's Frieza live and decides to get out of there, but before he can go anywhere Frieza tries to kill Goku with the energy he gave him. His whole plan backfired in his face with Frieza being defeated.
Why is it Memorable-Just like the Cell thing...nuff said.
Number 3
um_89375-103764-VegetasRespect-1179468844_thumb29.jpg

3.You're The Best Kakarot
Episode-265.Vegeta's Respect
Summary-Vegeta finally admits that Goku's the best during Goku's fight with Kid Buu.
Why is it Memorable-Vegeta finally saying that Goku's the best...that's one of the best and heartwarming moments in the entire series. Vegeta's road to becoming a good guy was a long one, but it got there eventually.
Number 2
angry%20gohan.jpg

2.Leave My Daddy Alone
Episode-3.Gohan's Hidden Powers
Summary-Gohan gets angry and attacks Raditz to save his Daddy from getting killed.
Why is it Memorable-This not only shows that Gohan is stronger than Goku at this point, but it gives out many hints that Gohan has a lot of potential. It was the very first memorable moment in the series and is still one of the greatest.
Number 1
Gokuface.jpg

1.Krillin Nooooo!...Super Saiyan Time
Episode-80.Transformed At Last
Summary-Frieza kills Goku's best friend Krillin, by blowing him to smithereens. Krillin's death is too much for Goku to bear, the loss of his friends through their radical acts of unselfishness causes a transformation in Goku, that of which he has never experienced before, but what does the golden transformation mean, and finally the legendary Super Saiyan has emerged.
Why is it Memorable-Goku finally turning Super Saiyan and poor Krillin dying for the second time. Krillin's death reminds me of the first time he died, which is when Dragon Ball became a more serious anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Top 12 Most Memorable DBZ Moments

i can't believe death of goku was not #1

...you should probably spoiler tag just about all of that. Something like

Number 12
Pic and text
Number 11

etc.

If you don't know how to do them, just type [noparse]
before the spoiler and
after.[/noparse]

I can.
The whole super Saiyan thing was like a major moment in DBZ. Although, I think the death of Goku when he dies fighting Cell should be in there cause it was so emotional, but the fight between Gohan/Goku against Cell when they defeat him is in there so that makes up for it. Not to mention, dying in DBZ isn't really a final thing. Seems like they always find a way to bring them back. =D

Last edited by a moderator:

how you did not have
the first time Goku goes ss3
in that list is a mystery really.

Yeah the SS3 should've been in there...I just forgot it. But do you guys like the list.

Also I tried to resize the pics so there all about even, but when I saved changes it went back to it's regular size. What did I do wrong?

That was a pretty good list maybe it should have been longer, I just think 12 is a weird number. Anyways I was expecting something like
Vegeta's sacrifice when he was fighting Buu

The most memorable moment of my DBZ experience was the feeling of relief that washed over me when I stopped watching it forever.

Piccolo's sacrifice was my most memorable moment :)

I'm going to have to make my top 10 SAILOR MOON MOMENTS

How bout the time when goku powered up for 25 minutes ... oh wait that happens all the time

Some you don't have that I think are good moments:
Future Trunks transforms for the first time
Gohan transforms into ssj2
Vegeta's sacrifice against Buu

Fusion of Trunks and Gohan I think it was... You know the whole fusion thing. It was so funny... This isnt number one but it was just memorable.

Lets see here.... there was that time it was on TV and I turned it. Then I remember this other time I was flipping through the channels and saw a cool fight for about 5 seconds, then it cut away to a mom cooking in a kitchen before I turned it. OH! And this one time, I caught them talking about how cool their moves were going to be but then they didn't do them and I turned the channel...

lol i love the bit when they go
"OMG look at his powerlevel its 10000"

or how bout
"look ... hes going into super saiyan times ten"

Or how about the time Deeper Kyo got into a fight and it was so great no one bothered to animate it.

Oh wait, that's half the series.

Oops, sorry wrong anime.

Don't want to stir a pot, but you could at least contribute to the thread rather than prove you're a card carrying member of the "We hate DBZ" club.

ingrey said:
Yeah, the whole power up thing in DBZ is beyond ludicrous.

You, too. You made your point on the first page of the thread, you hate the series. Great, we're all thrilled.

I'm tired of people thinking how cool it is to hate an anime (or ANYTHING for that matter)just because they think it's overrated. I'm sick of seeing it for DBZ, just like I am for Naruto, and Inuyasha. I don't even LIKE Inuyasha, so I don't watch it.

Look if you were forced to watch it because you where babysitting, it's what the rest of the anime club voted for, your s.o. LOVES it, or you had to make a review, fine. But at least state how you had to watch the show against your will rather than spout off some flaw in the show and wait around for someone to come along and do the same thing so guys can sit around and muse how great it is to hate the same thing. It's called an OFF switch, unless your T.V. or Computer is broken, it HAS one.

And to contribute
I think Goku's first death should have been #1, Krillian's scream still haunts me to this day. Fantastic, classic anime death, man mortally wounded, gets off a few dying words, and every one acts like they're never going to see him again (they ARE, but at least they act accoringly).

#2 Vegita's sacrifice against Buu, the announcer’s speech at his death is perhaps one of the best written parts of dbz.

Last edited:
Back