The Steven Universe Thread

randomredneck

latest

Cause this show rules, I wanna talk about it on Thursdays, and Tumblr is full of dicks.

I remember when it was just some goofy show about a half-alien kid. Then it got all serious. Every week now it steps on your heart. Jeez.

Anyway, thread! Enjoy.

Ahh, this is the one you got that gif from. The one where the grey chick has her special sized hole in the wall or something.

I'm going to check it out

She's purple. She just looked gray cause of the lighting.

It's kinda eh at the start. It starts hitting its stride during "Bubble Buddies".

Well, that was...whoa.

"The Return/Jailbreak"
I never put any merit in the "Garnet is a fusion" theory. But like Gravity Falls, the most insane theory turned out to be the right one. And damn, I thought Laips went evil for a second. But she just dragged that striped bitch under the sea. Frigging awesome.

Good stuff.

I remember watching the first episode, the ending bit with the giant cannon laser thing to that music was stunning. Teletoon had it a while back, an episode a week or so and then they dropped it like they did with Regular Show, to replace it with something lesser.

A quirky little series that turns dark on you rather quickly and easily tears your heart into itty-bitty pieces? Sounds like me and my relationship with Welcome to Night Vale.

Also like me and WtNV in that I'm about a million episodes behind. Only just polished off "Lion 2: The Movie" last night, so I'm not into the nitty-gritty sad bits yet. :sweat:

I'm loving what I've watched so far, particularly the dynamics between each of the Crystal Gems and Steven. The kinship between Amethyst and Steven especially warms my icy heart. :laugh:

You're at a good spot. Lion 2 is when the whole myth arc starts taking shape. Just wait til you get to "Coach Steven".

Connie-centric and sword-fighting focused. Which makes me think
sword and shield wielding Stevonnie
could be a thing someday.

Sword To The Sword Spoilers
And like the previous Stevenbomb, we begin with Pearl tearing your heart out. That episode was mood whiplash incarnate. Funny, then awesome, then serious, then funny again, then damn sad when she called him Rose...yeesh.

Also.
Connie got to sing finally! And the new theme looks so anime!

"Sworn to the Sword" was absolutely wonderful. Connie-centric, a really good song, great drama.
Loved it!

I'm curious/nervous to see where StevenBomb 2.0 goes from here
1.gif

S1E37 Rewatch
01:32-01:36
You sneaky fuckers...
:cereal:

S2E09
Oh man, that was pretty damn great. Mood whiplash all about.
One of the things I love about this show is how an issue isn't necessarily "over" just because an episode addressed it. You don't get over stuff like traumatic pasts just because you had a peptalk.
Sure, one's line of thought can be steered into something more positive, and a character getting stuff into the air can help alleviate mental pressure, but it isn't fixed.
Amethyst doesn't suddenly love herself just because her suspicions of being resented were alleviated, and Pearl isn't "getting over" Rose just yet either.

On another note, this episode pretty much confirms the Stevonnie shieldmaiden prediction even without any fusion happening.

S2E10
Some simple fun. Probably the best Renaldo-focused episode, actually.

Well, the next episode is apparently going to involve
The Kindergarten...
xaJpvhM.gif

That explains why episode 10 is so light-hearted...

Back