Joshiraku

randomredneck

Joshiraku

Synoposis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

Real dialogue heavy show, but decided to check it out anyhow.

Episode 1.
Loved the starting bit. Taking a pot shot at anime adaptions, and the people who tend to watch them for free(I felt kinda guilty there for a second...) I even managed a giggle at that weird Japanese comedy they do. The rest was alright as well. Even the ending theme made me laugh.
I sense a promising show.

Last edited:
This 4th wall breaking first episode got me hooked. I'm looking forward to more of this.

Episode 2.
Lesson to learn: Punch a door to door religious chick, and her son will bean you with a hammer. And that sleepyhead chick is loopy. And a trifle bit scary too.

Realy nice show:megusta:
Saw it and after a minute it reminded me of Zetsubou Sensei and i found out its the same author :)

episode 2
religious people can smell money.... so true :pokerface:

Ep 2:
Way better than the first episode. I wonder if we are eventually gonna see the face of the mask girl. More importantly, why the hell is she wearing a lucha libre mask!???
And the blonde "innocent" girl is my favorite character already. She is simply awesome :love:

Cute side :love:

Dark side :smile:

Atheist punch!!!

I'm sure the picture below is a reference to some famous and probably old anime but I don't know which one. Does anybody here knows?

Episode 3.
I think I enjoyed the final bit best. Tetora's endless good fortune at the expense of those around her...it's like Binbogami Gai, only funnier. Especially the exploding television, and the smack fight.

Episode 4
This is too much for me to handle, I'm literally dying of laughter. :frustrat:
The last bit about the rabbit and the moon is pure GENIUS. The drum singing session was my favorite.
We also get to see the girls in...:love:
Till the rabbit went insane... :yunoguy:
One last mention, we also got some cameos from some anime...
Its time to play Guess that Character from What Anime :smile:
Have fun guessing :balloon: Dondokodokodoko dondokodokodoko...:pokerface:
Fear the violence of people with glasses.

Episode 4.
Yes, never underestimate the violent potential of us glasses wearers of the world. I never thought about hesitation thing, but it makes sense. Marii just getting endlessly slugged was hilarious, as was the sumo nipple missile. The last segment...I have zero clue what was going on, but it was hilarious.

Episode 4

Quite a bit of parodies here. Even a Mangaka connection when they make fun of the three brothers wearing glasses from SZS whose mangaka also wrote Joshiraku. The last segment was pretty priceless too in terms of slapstick comedy.

Episode 5
The daijoubu da jingle was catchy...just don't interrupt Gankyou when she's singing...

Episode 5.
...I have zero clue what the hell I just watched. Like...zero.
Something about Kukuru being crazy, ass bruises, crepes, Harajuku...my head hurts.

Last edited:
Episode 6
A follow up to the last skit from episode 5, the one where Gan "graduates."
Gan is one violent person...
Must be the glasses...

Episode 6.
And I thought episode 5 was weird...it's official. Gan is off her rocker. That whole bit in space was....something. Not sure what specifically, but it was something. That whole bit about fours and fives was oddly intriguing. And Mari...poor girl can't make it one episode, with being exposed in someway. Oh well, her fault for carrying the clippers.

I don't find this show to be very laugh out loud funny but it's entertaining as hell. I really think more people should be checking it out.

Episode 7
It's official, that room is haunted. Who you gonna call... :!!:

Last edited:
Back