[filed][bug?] Underlining function not working on profile page comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianeka

A friend on the site pointed out that the Underlining feature isn't working for site comments left on the profile page. I checked it out and it isn't working for me either. Neither using the U icon in the Edit Menu nor using BBtags "[ u] [ /u]" work to underline text in comments left.

I realize this would be a very low priority fix to make, but maybe it would be an easy/quick thing to fix?

Re: Underlining function not working on profile page comments

Did it ever work?
I suspect that bold/underline/etc was never intended to work in comments, and that it simply got overlooked when it came time to remove unused buttons from the interface.

Re: [bug?] Underlining function not working on profile page comments

Bold has worked for me in past. And you KNOW I use italics ALL the time!!! *grin* So why would just the underline feature not be working?

eta: Just checked to verify: Bold and italics are working on the comments submitted on the profile pages. Underline is not. (It underlines the text when you type it but once submitted the underline goes away. Bolded text stays bolded, though and italicized text stays in italics.

eta2: These features are MOST welcome additions, as the ability to differentiate blocks of text helps in ease of reading for long walls of text conversations back and forth between members.

Last edited:

It never worked, it's been a known issue for a long time.

yeah - we've had a bug filed for thsi forever, the problem is it'll be a really nasty/difficult thing to fix. we plan to do it eventually but it's low priority for now

Understandably! If it was easy to fix, it prolly WOULD be fixed already, eh?! *smile* I just didn't see the bug reported (didn't show up when I did a search on the word Underline in the Bug Reporting thread) so I reported it. Again, apparently. Sorry for the duplication, but it doesn't come up in the Search I described.

It's obviously not meant to be a priority issue!

Being a known bug doesn't inherantly mean that there was ever a thread posted for it. It might be something that the developement team noticed when they were first doing it, but which no users noticed until now. *shrug*

yeah, it was filed internally, not externally

i'm going to move this to the completed section since this will probably be a long term/slow fix, but it's filed/we'll get to it eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back