Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

Wright

[sadht]Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~[/sadht][sadhl=2369]phantom-requiem-for-the-phantom[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Seems pretty cool so far, got some crazy assassin stuff happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom

Like I said in the Just Started thread it reminds me of Noir a little bit. The first episode was really slow for me though.

I'm actually a little disappointed. It seems a bit typical to me. While it's all fine and dandy action right now, I'm afraid it'll get tedious really fast.

Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom

[sadht]Phantom: Requiem For The Phantom[/sadht][sadhl]phantom-requiem-for-the-phantom[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

I guess we should probably stick one of these in here since this will be the thread for Phantom as people start watching it.

Pretty cool first episode. I like the music and well..... I guess that's all I can really say for now.

I seriously had no idea what this show was about before watching it. It looked like it would have some pretty good animation, so I checked it out.

After watching it.. I have about as much of an idea of whats going on as I did before watching it. That doesn't mean its bad, but it just might be that type of anime.

I also got a sorta Darker than Black vibe from it. Not sure why, and that might be why I'll continue to watch it. I loved Darker than Black >.>

I seriously had no idea what this show was about before watching it. It looked like it would have some pretty good animation, so I checked it out.

After watching it.. I have about as much of an idea of whats going on as I did before watching it. That doesn't mean its bad, but it just might be that type of anime.

I also got a sorta Darker than Black vibe from it. Not sure why, and that might be why I'll continue to watch it. I loved Darker than Black >.>

totally got the same vibe. I didn't love darker then black though ><. (It was a fine anime, just don't look forward to watching anime similar to it).

Awesome, every anime up till now in this season is ''as expected'' or ''disappointing/not really anything special''.

I actually found this first episode quite awesome, finally a real action anime, like Code Geass. If they keep this up I''ll be rating this series high.

none of the shows I'm looking forward to this season (namely: Saki, 07 Ghost, and FMA remake) are out yet, but I guess I would say this is the most interesting so far (K-ON is pretty close though).

I doubt this is the next code geass though.

Of course this isn't the next Code Geass, it was just an example. And yes, I'm also looking forward to FMA and 07 Ghost, not Saki though.

Looks like some Yu-Gi-Oh! spin-off with kawaii girls, although I'm definitely watching the first episode.

@Quizap: With regards to story, see below. I think it was you . . .

Well, I had to comment on Phantom given how long I've waited for this redo of one of Nitroplus' better works. So far . . .

Ein - Well cast and is better than the OVA's model, though I liked the OVA's voice more
Zwei - Okay
Claudia - Great voice, looks great
Lizzie - Looks GORGEOUS, especially compared to her original model :nervous:
Scythe - Hey, they got his name right this time! He's okay
Issac - Not seen enough to call this one
Cal - It's Cal. What can I say?
Mio - Gorgeous

Overall, it looks like it's starting on an okay foot. Looks like BeeTrain hasn't strayed very far from the original (yet) and given this isn't an original BeeTrain property like the girls n' guns trilogy, they shouldn't be able to ruin it quite as badly. Right? Damn that annoying Ali Project getting into every BeeTrain work though.

This is supposedly only 13 eps, though I kind of wonder if there's going to be a second season. Given that I saw Cal and Mio, it can't be THAT short unless they really compact things. They will have to at least make it to Japan. And Cal's story should take more than one ep (she better get more than one ep). If it is only 13 eps though I wonder if they will significantly shorten or cut out Mongolia and Hong Kong . . . but I can't imagine they could since they will more than likely go with Ein's ending (can't imagine they would pick the other ones) . . . Who knows. I've been wrong so many times about what they can and can't cut from a story . . .

So far from what I've seen and the BeeTrain pedigree against it, this new Phantom gets a

70681807.jpg

For now.

@Quizap: With regards to story, see below. I think it was you . . .

Well, I had to comment on Phantom given how long I've waited for this redo of one of Nitroplus' better works. So far . . .

Ein - Well cast and is better than the OVA's model, though I liked the OVA's voice more
Zwei - Okay
Claudia - Great voice, looks great
Lizzie - Looks GORGEOUS, especially compared to her original model :nervous:
Scythe - Hey, they got his name right this time! He's okay
Issac - Not seen enough to call this one
Cal - It's Cal. What can I say?
Mio - Gorgeous

Overall, it looks like it's starting on an okay foot. Looks like BeeTrain hasn't strayed very far from the original (yet) and given this isn't an original BeeTrain property like the girls n' guns trilogy, they shouldn't be able to ruin it quite as badly. Right? Damn that annoying Ali Project getting into every BeeTrain work though.

This is supposedly only 13 eps, though I kind of wonder if there's going to be a second season. Given that I saw Cal and Mio, it can't be THAT short unless they really compact things. They will have to at least make it to Japan. And Cal's story should take more than one ep (she better get more than one ep). If it is only 13 eps though I wonder if they will significantly shorten or cut out Mongolia and Hong Kong . . . but I can't imagine they could since they will more than likely go with Ein's ending (can't imagine they would pick the other ones) . . . Who knows. I've been wrong so many times about what they can and can't cut from a story . . .

So far from what I've seen and the BeeTrain pedigree against it, this new Phantom gets a

70681807.jpg

For now.

Great news then! I'm looking forward to it now.

@purplemo
you are just making me want to watch the rest of it even more!

So far to me it looks fairly interesting without knowing all that ^
The music in the action scenes sounds like it was taken straight from the matrix movies. Apart from the action music the rest of the score so far sounds good.

My thoughts. (some spoilers)

After seeing that the opening scene was a recreation of Scarface I knew it could only get worse. To me it seems to be an utterly generic "lolz guy has sum amnesia gaiz and now he's becum a assassin oh noes!"

It being done by beetrain certainly doesn't help either.
Yeah, and being generic doesn't happen that often in anime series.

Phantom does work off of a very generic base story. What makes it good is Nitroplus' storytelling. Whether BeeTrain can pull off what Nitroplus did (in 13 eps no less) is still to be seen.

Episode 2 is quite good as well. Starting to like Ein more and more.
Hopefully she'll get some emotions throughout the story.

Something like ''why muzt ai do tis! nut fair! rebel tiem''

I think episode 2 was almost par with episode one. I need more if this series wants to be great... it just kinda felt "stable". It's following a decent plot, but that's all it's doing, just following it. The training scenes were exceptionally boring, I was starting to fall asleep.

Much better then a lot of this season, but I really wanted more tbh.

it's... not good.

I'm holding out faint hope... but a few more episodes like this one and i'll be dropping this crap.

Episode 2 is quite good as well. Starting to like Ein more and more.
Hopefully she'll get some emotions throughout the story.

Something like ''why muzt ai do tis! nut fair! rebel tiem''

Agreed. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Ein progresses and the relationship between her and Zwei evolves.

Back