Toradora!

Oehr

Toradora!
Alt title:

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here

===================================================================

i just watched the first ep and i think im going to read the manga now instead of waiting for a new ep every week:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
read the light novel first Oehr,

the first two books are on baka-tsuki, with the 3rd book halfway translated

and i prefer them to the manga.

(the light novels were first btw)

I really like them, though the manga is much more 'silly' than the light novel, and the novel just feels more 'solid'.

alright, i started reading haruhi suzu there but stopped somewhere... i totally forgot about that site^^

ill start reading as soon as i get my tft back, my blurry crt is just... BLURRY!

First episode was quite promising. That kind of series appeal to me, so I'll be watching this one. Heh, it was pretty awesome to hear some Rie Kugimiya's "urusai" again.

Here's my thoughts about this show so far condensed.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
oryaaaareveb7.jpg

For me it was Novel -> Manga -> Anime, since that was the order the series was released in...I don't like reading ahead so I'm stuck at the end of vol2 of the novels cause vol3 ch1 isn't completely translated...

Enjoyed the heck out of the series so far, the characters are well written which goes a long way.

I watched the second episode. It seems this series is moving pretty fast. I hope they dont ruin it by moving the series along to quickly and removing all the jokes etc that make these kind of series good.

I watched the second episode. It seems this series is moving pretty fast. I hope they dont ruin it by moving the series along to quickly and removing all the jokes etc that make these kind of series good.

Well, these new series that are out all seme to be 12-13 episoders

Wow. Getting better and better, I just love the two protagonists. Their characters are purely awesome ^_^ Top anime airing now for me

I've watched three episodes and I think it's one of the better anime this season, so far. While we've all seen the male protagonists who look scary but are actually nice before, the chemistry he has with Taiga really makes for some excellent, endearing comedy, adding a welcome extra dimension. Through their interaction the vulnerabilities and fears of both characters are brought out, and it's satisfying to see how they deal with their exposed weaknesses.
Isn't it kind of neat that neither of them are super smart or super talented? Instead, both of them come across as fairly normal teenagers with their own sets of problems. I also like the way there has been a gradual unfolding of trust between the two of them, rather than a sudden confession of undying love between childhood friends.

The story jumps around, the pacing is off, and the male lead is just a nice guy, no potential for drama or comedy. So the author gave him a scary face, which is pretty far fetched, and the anime mercifully only uses it a little in ep1 (I'm at ep4) which leaves...nothing. Totally boring character.

The female lead is just a stereotype, but very well executed. Tsundere fanservice. I'll keep watching to hear her voice, 'cause the series as a whole doesn't feel round.

it's like zero no tsukaima, nice guy and a flat, whinny, little girl. they've even got Rie Kugimiya playing Aisaka. I'm pretty much just skimming over this series.

It's not too bad. I've been getting good laughs from it so I can't complain.

I finished episode four, and I like what I've seen. It's not a master piece, but I find Taiga endearing, and it's good to see that she actually has a genuine friendship with Ryouji, as opposed to the slave/master relationship in Zero no Tsukaima between the leads. Not a whole lot is happening, but I'm content to see a show without any serious drama - a light-hearted, friendship and romance comedy suits me fine.

yeah the relationship between Taiga and Ryuji is good, as corny as the dragon tiger thing is, its a fun relationship to follow... i just hope they actually do pair up rather than do a school rumble thing...

Back