Attack on Titan

LinkSword

POPEE BELIEVER
Attack on Titan
Alt title: Shingeki no Kyojin

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

PV 1
PV 2

Opening: "Guren no Yumiya"
Ending: "Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai"

I felt the urge to create the thread for this one.

For starters, this is confirmed to last 25 episodes + an OVA.

--------------------------

As a side advice for non-manga readers, I'd recommend not to look for much information, pics, comments, etc. at all about this series. It's not new that the Internet is full of spoilers, but that's especially true for something with so many turns and twists as SnK. The wiki of the series is just the same: huge spoilers with no warning whatsoever.

KEEP AWAY FROM
*Youtube comments or any other sort of comment field on places relevant to this series
*other forums
*Wikia sites
*Torrent site comments
*Articles on the franchise (like the Live-action movie article previously discussed)

*fanart sites of pretty much any kind, including sites like Zerochan and danbooru.
Seriously, do not go hunting for fanart, as you will eventually run into pictures based on stuff revealed later in the franchise.

Just saying this so that no one gets the biggest surprises ruined for them, as it's all amazing.

Conversely, for those who have read the manga, I'd ask of you not to discuss it in here, but in the thread that's specific for it. Similarly, do not include plot details of the manga in your anime commentaries.

Also, use spoiler tags when discussing the weekly episodes.

Last edited:
Re: Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

I'd expect at least 25/26... and then I'd bet for even more...

And damn you for ninja-ing this thread...

Since my list of new shows is short, I may end up watching this after all.
I guess the animation can win me over, and perhaps the soundtrack.

Yes, I'd expect a 26-episode season, and then a second if it's popular/sells well enough and once there's enough material.

They don't want to fuck up this one. It's the first project of a new studio, they're handling a big budget, the manga is really successful and there's plenty of business to be done here.

^ It's even their only current project... so my hopes are quite high. If they just manage to follow the manga and not to end it their way if they decide that it's not profitable... don't know if you know (but you probably do), but Japan selling fucked up a lot of anime... so I'm just gonna hope for the best outcome. Heck, even JoJo is not selling well... neither doesPsycho-pass...

Since my list of new shows is short, I may end up watching this after all.
I guess the animation can win me over, and perhaps the soundtrack.

Strange. I'm usualy all about content...

^ Eh, he finds it too bleak/depressing. I for one can't ever get enough of that, but SnK is so much more.

The manga is pretty good so hopefully the anime will deliver too :o

^ Eh, he finds it too bleak/depressing. I for one can't ever get enough of that, but SnK is so much more.
It's more that I felt it hard to give two shits about any characters when damn near every character ever featured ends up dead in no time, and with no attachment developed to them.
Like, "hey this
gang of elites
sure seem interesting. I wonder wh--oh..."

Some of my favorite books are WW2 books from a German perspective, so you can assume I don't really mind stories where many die. But even in those books, most deaths seemed less pointless than in SnK.
(well, they were actually more pointless, but in a way more relevant to our reality)

The only character I ever really liked was that girl whom would eat whenever she could.
Shit, now you've got me reading the most recent chapters since I stopped just to see if she's even alive at this point.
:megusta:

Last edited:

^ could you put spoilers for the sake of people who have no clue about this show...

^ could you put spoilers for the sake of people who have no clue about this show...

More like, let's keep manga discussion out of this thread.

There's a beautiful thread for this that no one ever uses.

I rather like Mikasa. if she dies I haven't read that far yet :P

one thing to consider is that smart screenplay could easily increase our investment in the various characters. it's one of the main reasons I'm looking forward to how they try to make this show work :D

* not to mention the incredible power of good voice acting. will have to check out the cast later to see whether there's potential there

Last edited:

Someone dies? Fuck. Dying is sad.. this is not for me.

I opened BB's spoiler and saw certain word.. and most of the first sentence.

dick-dastardly.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm onto this too. It looked pretty in the poster of this season's show so we'll just have to wait and see :) Haven't seen anything mindblowing recently so hopefully this will be it!

I haven't read the manga but the preview looks good going to watch this :) Also are there any pre-airs of this show?

There are some rumors about the show being only 12 or 13 eps long, but I find that hardly viable (or desirable). Apparently the source of these rumors has to do with the number of episodes included in the first BD and whatnot.

Hate to dampen your hopes, but that sounds about right.
It's a Pony Canyon release, with 2 eps. on the first BD.
That puts it about 12-13 like the rest of Pony Canyon releases with that ep. count.

It may get another season, or even be a split season, but as it stands with that release count, I wouldn't expect more than 12-13 for now.

Don't they have any other longer show whose first BD has less episodes?

Someone said that this BD was relatively cheap for a Pony Canyon release, so the following ones might have more eps.

I honestly don't know the first thing about this stuff.

How many episodes a show gets is pretty much entirely dictated by the TV schedule.
But if it turns out well then it'll probably get multiple seasons, so meh.

Back